There are 161 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
trade klay if the right deal comes up

Too early for that. He shrunk after game 2, but overall made some nice strides this year. Still plenty of growth left in this game. If we hold onto him a little while longer, we'll have a much better asset to keep or trade.

I'm looking forward to seeing curry, Klay, and Barnes all play together after they've all matured a little.

But, if the warriors are going to trade a piece Klay is the one. We'd need to get a top player if we move Klay tho. Preferably someone with size and athletecism.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Klay's a great all-around player. He can hang with the best of 'em on defense from 1s to 3s. He just needs to work on staying consistent
He has to drive to the basket more and improve on finishing layups at the rim. Barnes has to work on his passing and ball handling.

Rush returning just increases competition for those two. He will be hungry for their minutes.

Spurs wore us down, it was tough to watch. Great season.
[ Edited by Hopper on May 17, 2013 at 2:28 AM ]
So proud of this team and the huge step they made this past season. Incredibly frustrated that we lost the series, but it was evident, with injuries and fatigue, that we weren't gonna hold up anymore.

Kudos to our coaches, front office, and owners. I can't wait for next season.

Also, does it worry anyone else that Bogut had to go to Jackson to tell him he couldn't play anymore? If David Lee was able to play with a torn hip flexor, Bogut's ankle must be real bad.
Fellas. Great series! 2 OT's with 2 great comebacks. Too bad you guys weren't at full strength. Hopefully, Bogut is 100% and work on his free throw so Curry and Thompson can get some easy shots.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Fellas. Great series! 2 OT's with 2 great comebacks. Too bad you guys weren't at full strength. Hopefully, Bogut is 100% and work on his free throw so Curry and Thompson can get some easy shots.

of this thread
trade Klay? Dude hasn't even peaked, he can work on his game and be even better. No.
[ Edited by vrabbit on May 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
OMG... TWO f**kING 3S IN AND OUT MOTHRFUKR

stepped away right after those
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Good season, they'll be good next year at least. AMNESTY BEANS

We can't. He'll be an expiring though

find away to TRADE him now that he's somewhat of an asset
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Warriors had the better team could have beaten the spurs but Pop just owned Jackson in coaching.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Good season, they'll be good next year at least. AMNESTY BEANS

We can't. He'll be an expiring though

find away to TRADE him now that he's somewhat of an asset

him and jefferson

unless they just keep the expirings and go after someone BIG in 2014

For a team with a point differential we had, we were projected at 43/44 wins. To make it to the 2nd round and push the Spurs was a bonus. One great thing: We know this franchise is nowhere near satisfied. I could imagine Cohan/Rowell doing handstands if we did this during their tenure.

Offseason items of note:
  • Brandon Rush is on a Player Option for 4 million. Will probably stay since he is rehabbing from an ACL.
  • Make a decision on Landry/Jack. Go over lux tax to keep, and lux tax would be approximately 12 million cost for Warriors. Jack supposedly turned down a 3 year extension in January and is looking to explore FA.
  • Warriors supposedly looking to buy into 1st and/or 2nd round. Would cost money. Look for a Euro if a 2nd.
  • Buy out for Jefferson and/or Biedrins. Whispers of Biedrins looking to go back to Europe to play.
  • Look into securing a buy out for Kuzmic's Euro Team so he can play with us for the summer. Would be the 3rd center.

Oops....and how can I forget?
  • The future of our Assistant Head Coach. Malone will certainly be a head coach in the L either this year or the next. Contingency plan. This guy was our Thibs!
[ Edited by ritchie on May 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM ]
I think our biggest problem is who is going to replace Mike Malone?
I don't think there's a way this guy doesn't get a HC job now. He has to. Dude basically did everything a head coach did this season for us. Mark Jackson just motivated the team.
Originally posted by ritchie:
For a team with a point differential we had, we were projected at 43/44 wins. To make it to the 2nd round and push the Spurs was a bonus. One great thing: We know this franchise is nowhere near satisfied. I could imagine Cohan/Rowell doing handstands if we did this during their tenure.

Offseason items of note:
  • Brandon Rush is on a Player Option for 4 million. Will probably stay since he is rehabbing from an ACL.
  • Make a decision on Landry/Jack. Go over lux tax to keep, and lux tax would be approximately 12 million cost for Warriors. Jack supposedly turned down a 3 year extension in January and is looking to explore FA.
  • Warriors supposedly looking to buy into 1st and/or 2nd round. Would cost money. Look for a Euro if a 2nd.
  • Buy out for Jefferson and/or Biedrins. Whispers of Biedrins looking to go back to Europe to play.
  • Look into securing a buy out for Kuzmic's Euro Team so he can play with us for the summer. Would be the 3rd center.

Oops....and how can I forget?
  • The future of our Assistant Head Coach. Malone will certainly be a head coach in the L either this year or the next. Contingency plan. This guy was our Thibs!

damn, I completely forgot about that dude!

There's also no point of buying out Jefferson and/or Beidrins. Im sure there are a few teams that'll take those expiring contracts.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
damn, I completely forgot about that dude!

There's also no point of buying out Jefferson and/or Beidrins. Im sure there are a few teams that'll take those expiring contracts.

Not till the deadline though...Would like to get this done by the summer no?
Kevin Love for Klay Thompson and David Lee
Share 49ersWebzone