LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by DelCed2486:
You might try responding to what I actually said. I simply stated that the star players/teams get the calls, I didn't say a word about TV ratings. Spurs boring...who's saying that? Must be "fans" who don't know jack s*** because they're one of the highest-scoring teams in the league, and less than 1pt/gm behind W's in fast break points...and with their championship pedigree and Big 3, are most definitely a marquee team.

As to the W's, yeah, a jump-shooting team that took just as many shots in the paint as the Lakers did in that game, yet remarkably the Lakers go to the line 34 more times than the Warriors. And so far in the playoffs they have been much more active in the paint than Nuggets or Spurs.

I was responding to what you said. The Spurs aren't a "star" team. They don't draw ratings. They are absolutely not a marquee team that the league would have any motivation to help out. I enjoy watching them play, but the reputation they have amongst fans is that of a boring one and they don't watch them, rightly or wrongly.

Regarding the Laker/Warrior game, for the life of me I don't know why you feel compelled to bring it up, but when a player is fouled on a shot attempt and misses the shot, it doesn't count as a field goal attempt, so how many FGA's in the paint is an irrelevant stat. IIRC, Howard alone was fouled something like 9 times in the paint that led to FTs in that game and only had 1 FG attempt on those possessions because he was shooting FTs.

No, the Dubs were not more active in the paint than the Spurs or Nuggets. Not even close.
lol macklemore
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm so tired of the absurd conspiracy theories. You guys can stop being victims now, you're actually good.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist...I'm just stating it's a fact star players/teams get the calls. But I know, you'll probably say there was nothing odd at all in a 50-16 FT edge the Lakers had vs. W's a few weeks ago.

The Warriors are a 100 times more exciting than the Spurs are, and if the league was engineering things for the sake of ratings there's no doubt that they'd be doing it in your favor rather than have a team advance that NBA fans generally regard as being one of the most boring teams in the league. You guys are a jump shooting team. You are always going to get fewer calls than opponents do. Get over it.

You might try responding to what I actually said. I simply stated that the star players/teams get the calls, I didn't say a word about TV ratings. Spurs boring...who's saying that? Must be "fans" who don't know jack s*** because they're one of the highest-scoring teams in the league, and less than 1pt/gm behind W's in fast break points...and with their championship pedigree and Big 3, are most definitely a marquee team.

As to the W's, yeah, a jump-shooting team that took just as many shots in the paint as the Lakers did in that game, yet remarkably the Lakers go to the line 34 more times than the Warriors. And so far in the playoffs they have been much more active in the paint than Nuggets or Spurs.
Hard to forget that awful officiating. Stern wasn't going to let the Lakers miss the playoffs at no cost. But Kobe blew out his Achilles and they got swept. Couldn't happen to a better franchise.

Great win last night. I was very nervous another fourth quarter collapse was near.

Klay's defense and shooting
[ Edited by Hopper on May 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM ]
Without a doubt, one of the biggest W's in franchise history. No one, none of us, expected to give SA so much trouble. Indeed, we look like the better team during BOTH of games.

No longer does the story sound like "Can we play sound defense and get our shots off against the Spurs savvy veteran defense?" It's more like "Can the Spurs match our intensity for 48 minutes?"

Man, are we FINALLY turning the corner? Stay tuned...
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Without a doubt, one of the biggest W's in franchise history. No one, none of us, expected to give SA so much trouble. Indeed, we look like the better team during BOTH of games.

No longer does the story sound like "Can we play sound defense and get our shots off against the Spurs savvy veteran defense?" It's more like "Can the Spurs match our intensity for 48 minutes?"

Man, are we FINALLY turning the corner? Stay tuned...

Clay and Curry going off with Green and Barnes sprinkling in some...not a team can stop those types of percentages.
It's KLAY GOE KOOL
"I said I've got the greatest shooting backcourt that's ever played the game. Call my bluff." --Warriors head coach Mark Jackson.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
"I said I've got the greatest shooting backcourt that's ever played the game. Call my bluff." --Warriors head coach Mark Jackson.

Mark Jackson is an OG
Trading Monta Ellis is probably the best thing that this franchise could had done in the past 10 years. I was a fan of the Monta Ellis trade from the start. I wasn't one of the idiot fans booing joe lacob last year. I know that Monta Ellis is a black hole of this team holding the growth of Curry and Thompson. Monta is a good player especially scoring but he is a ball hogger.Look at the Bucks team thats the farthest they would go having Monta as their main player.
In addition of trading Monta we got Bogut + Barnes(We Tank the last few games)+ Ezili (Spurs Trade).
Probably the only thing that I hated earlier last year was we didn't trade Curry for Rondo thank god I am not a general manager lol. I thought Curry's knee wouldn't hold up and he wouldn't be as good as he is now.
You guys are still better without David Lee.

oh no he didnt
Yeah that guy is trash. Brings nothing to the table.
I was a Monta supporter then, and I still root for him now. Blaming Monta for all the s**t the Warriors went through just isn't right. The fact that we didn't have a center or a coaching staff capable of helping this team progress is the reason we sucked so bad. In saying that, in no way am i saying that I don't like and support the team now. Obviously, the FO had a plan on how to build this team and acquiring a center (an injury prone big that we were all beginning to lose hope on) and drafting smart.

Monta does hog the ball, but it was only because he was the only one capable of driving to the basket. I still think he'd be a real good sixth man. I'd actually rather have him than Jack as our sixth, but I don't ever see that happening.
I was a Monta supporter then, and I still root for him now. Blaming Monta for all the s**t the Warriors went through just isn't right. The fact that we didn't have a center or a coaching staff capable of helping this team progress is the reason we sucked so bad. In saying that, in no way am i saying that I don't like and support the team now. Obviously, the FO had a plan on how to build this team and acquiring a center (an injury prone big that we were all beginning to lose hope on) and drafting smart.

Monta does hog the ball, but it was only because he was the only one capable of driving to the basket. I still think he'd be a real good sixth man. I'd actually rather have him than Jack as our sixth, but I don't ever see that happening.
I am not blaming Monta for the suckage we been sucking even before he got here lol. I am just saying that if we didn't trade Monta Thompson wouldn't be the starter on that year and develop as the player he is now. We basically gave Monta's minutes to Thompson after he left. We wouldn't got Barnes as well because I believe we coulda won a couple of more games and that would put us out of the range of barnes on the draft. But I believe that if we didn't trade him he could had prevented curry to develop as well. Monta would have the ball majority of the time and Curry would be just like Thompson now. Basically the Warriors put all their cards on the table betting that Curry would develop and that was the best move. They made Curry the center of the offense instead of Shoot first player like Monta.
You are right about one thing Monta would be a great sixth man on any team. He reminds me of Jason Terry a great scorer but undersized to be the star player of any team.
Originally posted by nothing03:

I am not blaming Monta for the suckage we been sucking even before he got here lol. I am just saying that if we didn't trade Monta Thompson wouldn't be the starter on that year and develop as the player he is now. We basically gave Monta's minutes to Thompson after he left. We wouldn't got Barnes as well because I believe we coulda won a couple of more games and that would put us out of the range of barnes on the draft. But I believe that if we didn't trade him he could had prevented curry to develop as well. Monta would have the ball majority of the time and Curry would be just like Thompson now. Basically the Warriors put all their cards on the table betting that Curry would develop and that was the best move. They made Curry the center of the offense instead of Shoot first player like Monta.
You are right about one thing Monta would be a great sixth man on any team. He reminds me of Jason Terry a great scorer but undersized to be the star player of any team.

well in that case...i agree with you lol.
Share 49ersWebzone