LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

You guys beat our ass wih that insane shooting but finish this series before thinking about future matchups. May as well thinkg about the finals and terrible you guys matchup vs the Heat.
Originally posted by Joecool:
You guys beat our ass wih that insane shooting but finish this series before thinking about future matchups. May as well thinkg about the finals and terrible you guys matchup vs the Heat.

Dude get out of here. It was a simple question you're just but hurt the warriors have killed your old ass team the last 2 games. You're LUCKY for the series to be even right now.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Poll from espn:

Which team will win the Spurs-Warriors Western Conference semifinal? (series tied 1-1)

15%
Spurs in 5 or 6

16%
Spurs in 7

45%
Warriors in 5 or 6

24%
Warriors in 7

Even the state of texas had this as the majority. lol Y'all are the new hot s**t out there!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Dude get out of here. It was a simple question you're just but hurt the warriors have killed your old ass team the last 2 games. You're LUCKY for the series to be even right now.

Marsh speaks the truth.

In the 106 minutes that these two teams have played so far, I think the Spurs have led for about 3 of 'em, lol. The Dubs are clearly the better team. Only shot the Spurs have is because of experience.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 9, 2013 at 7:41 AM ]
still pumped. can't wait for Friday!

it's crazy how good our team is defensively. Klay has really stepped up his defense and i love that he's driving the ball in more now.
We'd prolly have a healthier David lee for WCF, not sure if he could hang with zbo/gasol though
Originally posted by ads_2006:
We'd prolly have a healthier David lee for WCF, not sure if he could hang with zbo/gasol though

don't know if i'd risk it, especially since we had a very difficult time with memphis during the season.

but having Lee for at least 10-15 mins could be beneficial.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
In the 106 minutes that these two teams have played so far, I think the Spurs have led for about 3 of 'em, lol. The Dubs are clearly the better team. Only shot the Spurs have is because of experience.

Don't forget the "referee" factor. Although not as bad as Game 1, there were still a few terrible/phantom calls that either were either called against W's, or weren't called on the Spurs...e.g. late in the 4th, Thompson was about ready to go up for a rebound on a Spurs miss and was blatantly pushed in the back which knocked him out of the way, Spurs got the rebound, no call. But I do admit I was absolutely shocked that there was a stretch of 3 or 4 consecutive Duncan shots in the 3rd Qtr that were either blocked or altered, and they actually (and correctly) swallowed the whistle
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
let me start of by saying i hate the warriors. But they are going back to the "old school" way of basketball. And i mean OLD SCHOOL... Where the game was all jump shoots.

Just because Curry and Thompson are great jump shooters doesn't mean that's "all" they do. The W's dominated PITP vs. Nuggets, and also Game 1 vs. Spurs...last night believe Spurs edged them 32-26, which doesn't detract from the fact the Dubs are more than just jumpers.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Don't forget the "referee" factor. Although not as bad as Game 1, there were still a few terrible/phantom calls that either were either called against W's, or weren't called on the Spurs...e.g. late in the 4th, Thompson was about ready to go up for a rebound on a Spurs miss and was blatantly pushed in the back which knocked him out of the way, Spurs got the rebound, no call. But I do admit I was absolutely shocked that there was a stretch of 3 or 4 consecutive Duncan shots in the 3rd Qtr that were either blocked or altered, and they actually (and correctly) swallowed the whistle

It's all about $, it is in the NBA's best financial interest that these games go past game 4 and preferably (sp) all the way to game 7!

That first game was fixed all the way, but that is basketball. I hear basketball fans say it all the time "they are letting them play", what does that mean? The normal rules of the game don't apply? So at any moment a ref can choose to call the game correctly, or choose to mis calls on one team in the name of "letting them play"...

I am a Warrior fan and have been my whole life! Chris & Tim burger anyone?

But I absolutly hate the NBA!

Jordan goes to Washington; closed door draft lottery just happends to grant the Wizards the #1 pick! Labron coming out of Akron Ohio, Cleveland just happends to get the 1st pick, it is stunning how the Warriors never get the first pick even with over 30 years of losing. The NBA is a 4-5 team league with a bunch of bottom feeder teams around to snatch up a loyal fans $. Looks like our new owners are turning the tide on the currupt NBA though, LET'S GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by glorydayz on May 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM ]
I'm so tired of the absurd conspiracy theories. You guys can stop being victims now, you're actually good.
I'm so tired of the absurd conspiracy theories. You guys can stop being victims now, you're actually good.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist...I'm just stating it's a fact star players/teams get the calls. But I know, you'll probably say there was nothing odd at all in a 50-16 FT edge the Lakers had vs. W's a few weeks ago.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on May 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone