Originally posted by YungAce:
I missed the game but it looked like a hell of a game. We got game 2

hope you're right bruh.. tough L though.. gotta sleep it off
[ Edited by bayarealuv on May 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
After that Denver series, I'd not put Jack on the court in closing minutes. He has been the catalyst in blowing up leads. I rather have an average player on the court than a stupid player.

I think any coach is going to play the guys that got them there. Jack was huge for the Warriors this year and hit huge shots and played very well. Yes, he was awful againt the Nuggets but I dont blame Jackson for playing him at the end. Especially with Klay having fouled out. Who is he going to play instead?

That's true, but after that Nuggets series - a good coach would have re-evaluated that. My line-up would have been:

Curry
Barnes
Green
Landry
Ezeli/Bogut

Yep. And if truth be told, Curry was as much to blame there down the stretch. Missed shots, turnovers. Now, Steph was amazing in the 3rd quarter and he played every single minute so Im sure he was exhausted. Still, he played poorly too in the last few minutes. I just cant lay all the blame on Jack.

But, Curry wasn't turning the ball over OR wasn't taking shots with 10+ seconds left on the clock OR dribbling for 15 seconds and then hoist a poor shot without passing it to anyone. Jarett Jack blew that game for the Warriors in the regulation. Hitting couple of shots doesn't change that fact.
That's true, but after that Nuggets series - a good coach would have re-evaluated that. My line-up would have been:

Curry
Barnes
Green
Landry
Ezeli/Bogut

But, Curry wasn't turning the ball over OR wasn't taking shots with 10+ seconds left on the clock OR dribbling for 15 seconds and then hoist a poor shot without passing it to anyone. Jarett Jack blew that game for the Warriors in the regulation. Hitting couple of shots doesn't change that fact.

Jack had 3 turnovers in 42 minutes. Really not that bad. He did not blow the game by himself. Please! Jefferson missed 2 key free throws as did Landry. Steph was bad in the 4th forcing shots and made some key turnovers himself (he had 6 for the game). It was a total team collapse.

Now, Jack did piss me off with some stupid plays. I am not defending his play. I am just saying that Jackson was right to have him in the game.
curry.. jack.. barnes.. RJEFF.. green <-- 4th qtr. lineup
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Curry
Barnes
Green
Landry
Ezeli/Bogut

Jack had 3 turnovers in 42 minutes. Really not that bad. He did not blow the game by himself. Please! Jefferson missed 2 key free throws as did Landry. Steph was bad in the 4th forcing shots and made some key turnovers himself (he had 6 for the game). It was a total team collapse.

Now, Jack did piss me off with some stupid plays. I am not defending his play. I am just saying that Jackson was right to have him in the game.

He took them out of their rhythm. Curry had couple of turnovers in the last few minutes, but he also passed the ball to open guys during that stretch. Anyway, it doesn't matter now. The goal is still to win one in San Antonio. It will be tough for the Spurs to beat the Warriors in Oakland.
Richard Jefferson f**ked us over
Jarrett Jack is the dumbest player on the floor. I can't believe this guy is a veteran in the NBA when we got guys like Barnes and Green who make none of the mistakes that Jack consistently makes. Especially on the defensive end. He gave up three wide open 3 point shots, and the Spurs made every single one of them. Just an epic choke job by Jack. Also - Richard Jefferson comes in, and all he had to do was make two f**king free throws. That's it. Our "vets" are garbage.
refs. klay and green fouling out. bad coaching. rjeff. jack. steph being tired. all reasons we lost

i pray to God they find a way to bounce back......... i have no doubt they can do it at home.. but they still need to steal one in san antone
[ Edited by bayarealuv on May 7, 2013 at 9:15 AM ]

LOUD NOISES!!!!!

And LMAO at this GIF

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

It's one game, you Nancies. And the Dubs were clearly the better team before their nads shriveled up.
how about that phantom foul on Green

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
refs. klay and green fouling out. bad coaching. rjeff. jack. steph being tired. all reasons we lost

i pray to God they find a way to bounce back......... i have no doubt they can do it at home.. but they still need to steal one in san antone

Yeah and that was the one...I'm still having a hard time fathoming that they went from a DOMINATING Game 1 victory, which would have set them up nicely for a very real shot at winning this series, to probably losing the series in the span of 4 minutes. Yeah I know they lost a heartbreaker in Game 1 @ Denver and still won the series, but the Spurs ain't the Nuggets. The Nuggs don't have the Big 3 that if you even look at them the wrong way the foul gets called. I still think the W's can push it to 6 games, but right now with me being all butt-hurt and pessimistic, I think they lost the series last night.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
how about that phantom foul on Green

After making myself watch it again, I still think it was a bad call...it was "incidental contact" with Green's hands just grazing Danny Green's jersey. Danny Green did a pretty good flop, but still can't help feeling that if it was on the other end of the court, no way they blow the whistle on the Spurs in that situation.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Richard Jefferson f**ked us over

The W's as a team sucked on FTs last night, barely over 50% most of the game and then 58% at then end...but yeah, a veteran should be knocking down both of those in the clutch, even ONE would've helped.
Share 49ersWebzone