There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Did Jackson really say that Karl told his players to intentionally hurt curry?

No. He did not say that. He never mentioned Karl's name at all. He simply said that the Nuggets were dirty early on and they tried to send hit men after Steph. Not quite the same thing
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 30, 2013 at 10:51 PM ]
Nuggets set the tone early with physical, intense, and somewhat dirty plays. Every time we tried to match it, a whistle was blown. The ref crew last night made themselves too much a part of the game. Let the teams decide the outcome, dammit. I thought the crew from the first game was probably the best because they allowed both teams to play.
Isn't the crew the same for the whole series?
Originally posted by SportsFan:

i don't think so.

Nope. There has been a different crew for every game in the series.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Did Jackson really say that Karl told his players to intentionally hurt curry?

No. He did not say that. He never mentioned Karl's name at all. He simply said that the Nuggets were dirty early on and they tried to send hit men after Steph. Not quite the same thing

from what i heard on knbr this morning.. jackson said he got an apology from an insider in the nuggets organization after the game.. saying he had no part in the dirty play.. so in that case.. yeah they were intentionally goonin' out there

i thought they keep the same Refs...never new they swapped
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

i thought they keep the same Refs...never new they swapped

it's smart that they swap. if we had the same crew from last night doing the whole series, we probably would've gotten swept
I wanna see bogut go all mad max on them for their dirty play on Stephen
I didn't see the game, but the highlights that they showed on SportsCenter showcasing the "dirty" play was minimal at best. Anyone have a link to a compilation of the supposed dirty plays from yesterday? I'm sure one has been made by now along with a corresponding conspiracy theory.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I didn't see the game, but the highlights that they showed on SportsCenter showcasing the "dirty" play was minimal at best. Anyone have a link to a compilation of the supposed dirty plays from yesterday? I'm sure one has been made by now along with a corresponding conspiracy theory.

tried searching for a video, but couldn't find one yet. most of the ones on Curry came from Faried and Koufos.

People will only spend that quality of time if the Lakers, Yankees, or Patriots are involved. Otherwise, it's a "meh"...

Outside of one elbow I saw Curry take, I thought it was all fine FWIW
Originally posted by GameOver:

People will only spend that quality of time if the Lakers, Yankees, or Patriots are involved. Otherwise, it's a "meh"...

If they wanted to be rough with him and foul hard all game, so be it. It's playoff basketball. I'd have no problem with that at all.

It's the fact that Faried went for the ankle that I thought was busch league, and I believe that's what Jackson was referring to when he said he had "sources" apolgizing for it and saying they did not sign off on that. And I think I heard that Faried said he wasn't aware of Curry's ankle problems? That's such a load of s**t.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by GameOver:

If they wanted to be rough with him and foul hard all game, so be it. It's playoff basketball. I'd have no problem with that at all.

It's the fact that Faried went for the ankle that I thought was busch league, and I believe that's what Jackson was referring to when he said he had "sources" apolgizing for it and saying they did not sign off on that. And I think I heard that Faried said he wasn't aware of Curry's ankle problems? That's such a load of s**t.

They call Faried the "manimal" because of his ferocity in the paint and his intensity. That dude throws elbows all the damn time. He got a hard screen from Bogut and dude complained like we've been targeting him the whole game!
Every yr I get hatred for a specific player, this year without question it's faried's b**ch ass
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com