There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by schmons:
lmao dirk threw a trash can and made a hole in the visiting locker room - signed it "dirk was here"

now we got a new hole thanks to faried

he made a hole with his ear?
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
19 points in 4 1/2 minutes....... unheard of

Originally posted by YungAce:

#FRICKER'D
Originally posted by YungAce:

okay okay... add reggie miller to the list too.. just sayin
Originally posted by SF69ers:
he made a hole with his ear?

lolol
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Time for some major crow eating.

After DLee got hurt, I gave the W's no chance I thought they would get swept, some of you agreed with me.

All I can say is WOW... This team is determined and lead by superstar, Steph Curry. I'm glad to eat this crow and I'm glad I was wrong.

LETS CLOSE THIS ISH OUT!!!!!!
What do you guys think Curry needs to do in order to be considered a superstar? Maybe some of you already think he is.

a. Win this series and he'll be be in that category
b. Beat the Spurs in the 2nd round and possibly go even further than that, all while playing like he has this series
c. It won't matter what he does this time around. But if he can make some noise in the playoffs next year while having an All-Star year, then I'll call him a superstar

For me it's C. I think he's in the echelon of Westbrook, Harden, Wade, Melo, Griffin, etc. which I believe to be the stars of the league. I'm just not ready to put him in the same sentence as Lebron, Kobe, Durant or Howard.

I love all the attention he's getting, but I compare the superstars in the NBA convos to the elite QB's in football, where everyone is trigger happy to keep adding to that list. It makes me throw up in my mouth every time someone calls Flacco elite.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I don't say this lightly and you guys know that you'll never meet a bigger basketball geek than me, but I think Curry's the best shooter I've ever seen. It's one thing to knock down spot ups or catch & shoot off of screens, but it's quite another to be knocking down 3's off the dribble at a high clip. The only guys who's comparable in this respect was Steve Nash, and he was a much lower volume shooter. I know he's only 25 and has a long career ahead of him, ankles willing, but I think he might be the best shooter I've seen.

Oh, and you guys are better without Lee too.

As someone who's been watching the NBA since Rick Barry played, it's hard to wrap my head around the fact of what Curry has done/is doing, but the pic-chart below says all anyone needs to know about what we're witnessing:

And like you said, those others are spot-up/catch & shoot guys.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
What do you guys think Curry needs to do in order to be considered a superstar? Maybe some of you already think he is.

a. Win this series and he'll be be in that category
b. Beat the Spurs in the 2nd round and possibly go even further than that, all while playing like he has this series
c. It won't matter what he does this time around. But if he can make some noise in the playoffs next year while having an All-Star year, then I'll call him a superstar

For me it's C. I think he's in the echelon of Westbrook, Harden, Wade, Melo, Griffin, etc. which I believe to be the stars of the league. I'm just not ready to put him in the same sentence as Lebron, Kobe, Durant or Howard.

I love all the attention he's getting, but I compare the superstars in the NBA convos to the elite QB's in football, where everyone is trigger happy to keep adding to that list. It makes me throw up in my mouth every time someone calls Flacco elite.

It's obvious, he's a lock for the 2014 All Star Game (but f**k the NBAs process for selection, still. Should be fan voting AT/IN the arenas only, not this global, online BS!), but if we upset the Spurs next round, he'll hit that next level, nationally, simply because of the coverage that that stage would provide. Gotta' finish this series first, and foremost, THEN figure out how to win in San Antone.
Originally posted by Garcia:

After DLee got hurt, I gave the W's no chance I thought they would get swept, some of you agreed with me.

All I can say is WOW... This team is determined and lead by superstar, Steph Curry. I'm glad to eat this crow and I'm glad I was wrong.

I admit. I was one of those guys. I didnt think the Warriors had a chance but it isnt over until they get 4. I hate to ever gloat early. I will be HAPPY to eat crow when the Warriors win one more game. I do think it will have to be Game 6 though

Wish we could bring back the Warriors thread from a few years ago when most everyone was ripping Curry when the Warriors drafted him and said he was not athletic enough to make it. I think there were two of us in here ( Hopper? and me) that thought the pick was a good pick. I still like reminding Crazy about that. LOL
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM ]
I found some funny comments. I wont say who made them though.................. no reason to embarass anyone. Yes these all came from the WZ

1)" There are at least 10 players picked after Stephen Curry that I guarantee will be better a pro than him."
2) "the Warriors are going to be stuck with Stephen Curry
3) "Wow we won't get Amare because of Stephen motherf*cking Curry? You have got to be kidding me."
4)"Patty Mills is a better player than Curry. I would've rather had Jordan Hill and then traded for a second to grab Mills. "
5) If we're holding up this trade because we don't want to add Curry, then we are f**king retarded
6) Just f*cking trade them Curry. He's another of these shooting guards in a point guards body.
7) Stephen Curry isn't even going to have HALF the offensive impact that Jamal Crawford had for us last year.
8)Only the Warriors would pass on Amare Stoudemire for Stephen Curry.This is going to haunt them for the next 10 years.

and my favorite.........
9)I think Marco Belinelli, both now and in the future, will be a better NBA player than Stephen Curry.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garcia:

I admit. I was one of those guys. I didnt think the Warriors had a chance but it isnt over until they get 4. I hate to ever gloat early. I will be HAPPY to eat crow when the Warriors win one more game. I do think it will have to be Game 6 though

Wish we could bring back the Warriors thread from a few years ago when most everyone was ripping Curry when the Warriors drafted him and said he was not athletic enough to make it. I think there were two of us in here ( Hopper? and me) that thought the pick was awesome. Loved Curry from the first time I saw him play in college and had no doubt he would be damn good. BUT THIS GOOD? Umm.. NO
Yeah I remember. Just like I remember being ripped by the Monta fans when I argued his game was holding Curry back.

I'll always remain thankful Nellie nixed that draft day trade that would've sent Curry to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire. Say what you want about Nellie, but he certainly had an eye for talent.
[ Edited by Hopper on Apr 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM ]
I found some funny comments. I wont say who made them though.................. no reason to embarass anyone. Yes these all came from the WZ

1)" There are at least 10 players picked after Stephen Curry that I guarantee will be better a pro than him."
3) "Wow we won't get Amare because of Stephen motherf*cking Curry? You have got to be kidding me."
4)"Patty Mills is a better player than Curry. I would've rather had Jordan Hill and then traded for a second to grab Mills. "
5) If we're holding up this trade because we don't want to add Curry, then we are f**king retarded
6) Just f*cking trade them Curry. He's another of these shooting guards in a point guards body.
7) Stephen Curry isn't even going to have HALF the offensive impact that Jamal Crawford had for us last year.
8)Only the Warriors would pass on Amare Stoudemire for Stephen Curry.This is going to haunt them for the next 10 years.

and my favorite.........
9)I think Marco Belinelli, both now and in the future, will be a better NBA player than Stephen Curry.

pretty sure crzy made 8/9 of those lol
Originally posted by ads_2006:

and my favorite.........

This. I recognize a lot
Originally posted by ads_2006:

and my favorite.........

haha word!
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com