There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Wow...Dubs were playing inspired tonight! Oracle is going to go nutty game 3!!!
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
im not the most adept basketball fan / observer... but man

from what I saw, it looked like a complete - total team victory by the Ws... Barnes stepped up huge, for a rookie. fearless and confident.
I believe the W's set an NBA playoff record for shooting %? wow. 64% or something. unheard of.

Curry, Jack, Klay, Barnes and crew all played extremely well. I thought Ezeli did a good job too...
awesome win.

scary thing is we should be 2-0
Originally posted by Garcia:
im not the most adept basketball fan / observer... but man

from what I saw, it looked like a complete - total team victory by the Ws... Barnes stepped up huge, for a rookie. fearless and confident.
I believe the W's set an NBA playoff record for shooting %? wow. 64% or something. unheard of.

Curry, Jack, Klay, Barnes and crew all played extremely well. I thought Ezeli did a good job too...
awesome win.

scary thing is we should be 2-0

Yep. Everything you said. I dont think I have ever seen a team shoot better than the Warriors did tonight
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yep. Everything you said. I dont think I have ever seen a team shoot better than the Warriors did tonight

Do you still think they will lose the series? IMO, they have a fair shot.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I'm not excited if you are a Nugget fan. You are worried.

They were completely dejected in the 4th Quarter... they have no elite scorers and can't keep up with ours.... and they cant shoot freethrows

They were completely dejected in the 4th Quarter... they have no elite scorers and can't keep up with ours.... and they cant shoot freethrows

That's the reason why they cannot win a a title, no go to scorer in the 4th. And don't bring up the pistons! They had a historical defense and denver isnt anywhere near that
[ Edited by gold49digger on Apr 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM ]
Seems like I had more faith in the dubs chances than some of you guys, and now it's warranted.
Can't wait, I'm going to game 3.

It's very clear Denver is actually at a disadvantage now that we're playing smallball. Our spacing is a lot better and we'll burn them on pick and rolls.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Can't wait, I'm going to game 3.

It's very clear Denver is actually at a disadvantage now that we're playing smallball. Our spacing is a lot better and we'll burn them on pick and rolls.

i gave the W's maybe a chance to win 1 game.. but after this kind of performance on the road... I think we still have a chance to take the series.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

That's the reason why they cannot win a a title, no go to scorer in the 4th. And don't bring up the pistons! They had a historical defense and denver isnt anywhere near that

Agreed. Coming into this series, I felt like the Warriors had a shot because they had more "shot makers". Denver is a very deep, high tempo team that throws waves of players at you, but I don't see any single player on that team that can take over a series.

When Curry-Klay-Jack have it going with contributions from Barnes and the rest, we can give anyone trouble. We're also a better defensive and rebounding team than people give us credit for. Curry is the type of player that can take over a series IMO.

Agree that Denver is nowhere near those Piston teams. They were phenomenal defensively AND had big shot makers like Billups, Hamilton, and 'Sheed Wallace who could bail them out with a clutch shot.
This must be the golden era in bay area sports. Was there EVER a time the bay area had a team in the four major leagues made the playoffs?

Hell, even the A's made the playoffs. 5 out of 6 bay area teams made the playoffs since October.

edit: 1993-1994, the sharks, warriors, and niners made the playoffs but the giants didn't; and the g's shouldve went to the playoffs if it wasn't for those damn braves.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Apr 23, 2013 at 11:39 PM ]
This must be the golden era in bay area sports. Was there EVER a time the bay area had a team in the four major leagues made the playoffs?

Hell, even the A's made the playoffs. 5 out of 6 bay area teams made the playoffs since October.

Amen!

lol Raiders lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Seems like I had more faith in the dubs chances than some of you guys, and now it's warranted.

+1

i don't think it's realistic they will keep shooting 65% from the field
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com