There are 446 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Someone posted this on a Laker site. If the Lakers win their next 2, and the dubs lose their next 2, the Lakers would pass them in the standings. I don't expect this to actually happen, but crazy that it's a possibility.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Someone posted this on a Laker site. If the Lakers win their next 2, and the dubs lose their next 2, the Lakers would pass them in the standings. I don't expect this to actually happen, but crazy that it's a possibility.

Get out
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
There were a number of legit fouls called on the Warriors. But it's the abundance of glaring BS calls (and non-calls) that are the problem. They simply just did not commit 33 fouls...low to mid-20s would have been about right.

I know the Dubs didn't play a perfect game, and despite it all, they still had a chance to win at the end. And no one is a bigger complainer about the W's than me when they fail to build on leads, or do get a big lead but piss it away, bad shot selection, too many turnovers, etc. But the fact is they balled their a**es of on Friday and outplayed the Lakers in just about every facet except for being the referees' darlings.

Perfectly stated. We know that there will be incorrect calls in every game. It's the sheer number of them that has us upset.

50 free throws is a stupendous number. And I don't want to hear that crap that the Lakers drive to the basket more than the W's. We've played teams that are quicker, faster, and attack the basket a hell of a lot better than the Lakers, and we allowed nowhere near 50 free throws. The league average is 22 per game for Christ's sake.

It is virtually impossible to reach that number unless:

a) Warriors intentionally fouled an absurd number of times.

or

b) Officials were itching to blow the whistle.

I think we know the answer to that question.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

if Kobe could return for the playoffs, pretty sure NBA would have given the lakers more love and allowed them to get a easier first round match up

• Garcia
  • Veteran
7th seed now.
Originally posted by Garcia:
7th seed now.

Houston holds the tiebreaker?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
7th seed now.

I believe so. we're tied right now. next two games are important, do not want to face the spurs
7th seed now.

I believe so. we're tied right now. next two games are important, do not want to face the spurs
If they played like they did last night then I wouldn't mind facing them.
still pissed about that Warrior/Laker game.

what's funny is that we discussed this before with the Lakers against Minny and against Portland. same s**t. it's obvious the NBA wants their golden team in the playoffs.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
7th seed now.

Our first round matchup is gonna be tough in any way that you look at it. But by watching the Spurs over the past week, Tony Parker is just not healthy. Manu is out. I think that we just need to beat San Antonio IN San Antonio for once. The confidence from that kind of a win would be VERY helpful.
[ Edited by DaDDieO on Apr 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM ]
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
7th seed now.

Our first round matchup is gonna be tough in any way that you look at it. But by watching the Spurs over the past week, Tony Parker is just not healthy. Manu is out. I think that we just need to beat San Antonio IN San Antonio for one. The confidence from that kind of a win would be VERY helpful.

I'm scared
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

Disgusting.

WOW! didn't see the game live, seeing this clip has me SMH to the Refs that game and the NBA for allowing it
I'm as unbiased a Warriors fan as any. And for good reason (we've sucked)

I watched the game on Friday with 2 biased, DIEHARD Laker fans. The consensus was that the officiating on Friday night was PURE COMEDY. Now, I can understand missing or blowing a few calls. But the thing that really stuck with us was how quickly and decisively that they made these bad calls. As if they were so certain that an obvious foul was committed. When in reality, these refs predetermined when, where, and at times, Who, they were gonna make calls against.

Then...Suddenly...the Steve Blake (instead of D12) FT's turned the game from a hard-played, high-scoring baskteball contest into a circus.

Still, the Dubs had a few opportunities to put the game away. You have to ice matchups like these with poise and good possessions. A few turnovers and missed opportunities late...you have to ice games like that.
Festus's car

Spurs players - Parker, Duncan, Leonard, Diaw,Ginobili (those two are out for a while) - have been ruled out of tonight's game, per Sean Elliott.
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com