There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Melky Mans Up-Disqualifies self from batting title

NEW YORK -- Melky Cabrera has been disqualified from the National League batting title at his own request, a person familiar with the discussions told The Associated Press.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/21/4842377/ap-source-cabrera-dqed-from-nl.html?

Good move by the Melk Man. it probably won't bring him back into the team's good graces this season -- but there's always next year. And this is a positive step in the right direction...
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/164897-2012-san-francisco-giants-thread/page1325/
I think it's deserving of its own thread. Let's see what the Mods do...
How noble.
He's dead to me
oh snap

Charlie Miller ‏@AthlonCharlie #MLB is patting itself on the back for keeping the batting title from Melky. But Giants are still in 1st place. They didn't forfeit any wins
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
He's dead to me

THIS. Its all a PR thing anyway. He wants to salvage anything he can to get some contract next year.
He's dead to me

He won't be dead to you once the Giants bring him back for the playoffs and he wins the WS MVP
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
He's dead to me

He won't be dead to you once the Giants bring him back for the playoffs and he wins the WS MVP
Good. He doesn't deserve it. AS MVP needs to be given back too.
Originally posted by jrg:

And given to Pablo
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
He's dead to me

THIS. Its all a PR thing anyway. He wants to salvage anything he can to get some contract next year.

thisssss
I think Melky knows his toast is cracked for this season. I think he's aiming high at next year. Unless the A's want to trade Cespedes to us for a slightly used Barry Zito...
Originally posted by jrg:

And given to Pablo