There are 297 users in the forums

2012 Oregon Ducks Football Thread (GO DUCKS!!!)

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing RT @NicoFalah: Chip Kelly left?!?! He was at my house 2 days ago ... Nico Falah's an Oregon recruit.
Oh boy
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
He's pulling a Pete Carroll. I expect sanctions within the year.
Originally posted by TX9R:

With Kelly leaving and sanctions likely on the way it could be a SERIOUS blow to Oregon being a top 10 team for quite a long time.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

With Kelly leaving and sanctions likely on the way it could be a SERIOUS blow to Oregon being a top 10 team for quite a long time.

That's just speculation, and likely is a strong word. Possible sanctions have been looming over Oregon since 2009 and nothing has happened. I'll believe it when I see it.

And Chip Kelly is not a Pete Carroll. If he was he'd left last year. Carroll is a dirty piece of s**t.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

That's just speculation, and likely is a strong word. Possible sanctions have been looming over Oregon since 2009 and nothing has happened. I'll believe it when I see it.

And Chip Kelly is not a Pete Carroll. If he was he'd left last year. Carroll is a dirty piece of s**t.

We shall see about the sanctions. However, Oregon didnt have a great recruiting class (Rivals.com put them 44th in the country) and they certainly are in a state of flux now. Will all the recruits stay now? Could be tough times ahead.

We shall see about the sanctions. However, Oregon didnt have a great recruiting class (Rivals.com put them 44th in the country) and they certainly are in a state of flux now. Will all the recruits stay now? Could be tough times ahead.

Oregon doesn't typically have great recruiting classes. And their roster is still very stacked with top tier young players. Their OC was already named coach in waiting and he was Dirk Koetter's protege (QB coach at Boise and ASU). If you haven't noticed Koetter is one of the best offensive minds in football, and he just studied under one of the other greats. Their OC will be a good coach.

I don't know if Oregon will be great down the road, but next 2 years they will still be a top 10 team.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Oregon doesn't typically have great recruiting classes. And their roster is still very stacked with top tier young players. Their OC was already named coach in waiting and he was Dirk Koetter's protege (QB coach at Boise and ASU). If you haven't noticed Koetter is one of the best offensive minds in football, and he just studied under one of the other greats. Their OC will be a good coach.

I don't know if Oregon will be great down the road, but next 2 years they will still be a top 10 team.

Thanks for saving me the time and explaining our history with recruiting classes... We recruit players that fit our system, which aren't necessarily all 4 and 5 star prospects that some ranking service deems appropriate. John is obviously just happy about the news since he's a Stanford fan
  • kray28
  • Veteran

Laughable. Time to take your medicine, Ducky.
Originally posted by kray28:

Laughable. Time to take your medicine, Ducky.

What?

• bors
  • Veteran
f.u chip.....crash n burn in philly
I got interviewed by a local news station today about Chip leaving. Check me out at 1:10

http://www.kptv.com/video?clipId=8199209&autostart=true
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bors:
they need to beef up there d line,secondary is always solid..oh and a new fieldgoal kicker

well i just read the got the d line coach from arizona cards,and have a new kicker recruit.things looking up......oh and fugz you chip
Can't wait for the season to start... Went to the Spring Game this weekend... Met LaMichael.
Share 49ersWebzone