There are 182 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 California Golden Bears

• teeohh
  • Veteran
The Tedford era needs to end
Your Jeff Tedford apologist is here to tell you that I think the Tedford era is probably going to end -- but it won't be this game that is going to do it.
Let me explain....
I don't want to talk about it.
I don't know if any of you noticed or not, but Tedford has put his posh Blackhawk home on the market. The dirty details:

http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2012/08/29/cal-bears-head-coach-jeff-tedford-lists-blackhawk-home/

Now tell me toeshawn -- why would Tedford put his multi-million dollar pad up for sale BEFORE the season got underway? I think it's a pretty clear message that Tedford is leaving, and not for reasons related to football. Certainly, the team disappointed today. But the players probably have a good idea of what is going down and it's probably going to result in a season that won't make any Bears fan happy. In fact, it just might signal a return to the decades of woeful Cal Bear football teams before Tedford arrived and turned the program around.

Watch what you wish for -- because you just might get it. Tedford is the only coach in our lifetimes to turn this team into a consistent, year in and year out, winner.

It's my opinion that Tedford is getitng forced out -- and one of the reasons might be his "burden" on the education budget. If you search for the term of "highest paid California state employee," guess who's name pops up? You got it: Jeff Tedford. Now, this wasn't so bad when the State of California was flush with cash, but it's an eyesore now. Trust me when I tell you this. I work in the State Legislature. Education -- especially higher education -- has been whacked with budget cuts while administrative salaries spiral out of control. It sent a terrible message a few years back when the Board of Regents approved pay hikes for UC Presidents and fee hikes for students in the SAME MEETING. In fact, it cost a few University regents their jobs this past year, when my boss and a few others refused to appoint them to another term.

Unlike most items voted on in the State Legislature, Regents are nominated by the Governor and must be approved by the State Senate. All nominations must be approved by a unanimous vote. Believe it or not, there are a few fiscally responsibile Republicans who still get elected in California (a few Democrats too but they wind up getting punished for showing the slightest bit of fiscal independence). When a few of these regents (and a few CSU Trustees as well) came up for reappointment to another term, Republicans blocked it. Although the Legislature has no direct control over the UC or CSU system -- they still get a lot of state funding. And one way to send a message of fiscal responsibility is to block a few appointments.

I will tell you there's been some angst in the Legislature over Tedford's taxpayer funded salary. It doesn't look right that when you're forcing students, or parents of students, to shoulder an even larger financial load, you're paying a damn football coach several millions of dollars. That tends to make voters rather cranky. When voters get cranky, they vote to "throw the bums out."

You don't think Legislators listen? They do. Trust me, they do...

Although the real estate market is beginning to turn around, it's a foolish move for anyone with a multi-million dollar property to list said property right now. The market hasn't recovered that much. Look no further than Joe Montana. His ranch has been listed for more than a year and he's cut the price twice. Still no takers.

There's only one reason why Tedford would list his home -- one reason only. And it isn't because he "wants to live at Memorial." It's because he probably knows that his days are numbered. And the team probably knows it too.

Discuss...
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Sep 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Let me explain....

I just want to win man. If Maynard is the best qb we have right now he should be fired for that alone
Didn't watch the full game but I actually thought Maynard played well. It made me upset now knowing Maynard would sit out the start of the game, really felt like Bridgford missed one or two deep balls to Allen there that would had gotten us going early, throws Maynard would had made.

In order for us to win, the run game needs to be A LOT better than today's. The young WR's had a nice game, which is a real positive
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I hope allen stays, maybe have a chance to play with an actual qb next season

Alex smith or kapernick?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I hope allen stays, maybe have a chance to play with an actual qb next season

Alex smith or kapernick?

Russell Wilson
Just got home from the game (after post-game beers)
the bears lost? I wanna buy Tedford's home.

I like both stanford and cal equally; however, I am a Notre Dame fan......
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
the bears lost? I wanna buy Tedford's home.

I like both stanford and cal equally; however, I am a Notre Dame fan......

That don't make sense. To quote a great philosopher, " if it don't make dollars, it don't make sense.".

Go CAL.
I still believe in tedford, he just needs a goddamn quarterback
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I still believe in tedford, he just needs a goddamn quarterback

Maynard is by no mean a good QB but..... part of yesterdays problem was that the Bears were not prepared and that lies directly on Tedford's shoulders!
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Maynard is such a POS.

X2.........