LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

London 2012 Olympics Thread

Love the summer Olympics. Will watch for sure.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Let's see if London can out perform Beijing in the opening ceremony.

I say no.

They won't even try. When i heard how many people were involved, how many hours they practicad, and how much $$$$ was involved, I firmly believed that the Chinese Summer Olympics would never be topped. At least not in size/scope/# of people involved.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
India has a population of 1.2 billion and are sending 81 athletes to compete in 13 disciplines.

The USA has a population of 314 million and is sending 530 athletes to compete in 25 disciplines.

WhyTF are your people slippin on the athlete participation? They have over 3 times the people in the USA.

1.2 billion, and i bet over 50% are homeless living in their own s**t.

plus indians don't have the genes to be athletes, just doctors, engineers and 7/11 owners

don't for get Spelling bee champs...
Here are some Olympic fun facts...

The five Olympic rings represent the five major regions of the world – Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceana, and every national flag in the world includes one of the five colors, which are (from left to right) blue, yellow, black, green, and red.

Host Greece won the most medals (47) at the first Olympic Summer Games in 1896.

The first Winter Olympic Games were held in Chamonix, France in 1924.

Three continents – Africa, South America, and Antarctica – have never hosted an Olympics.

Because of World War I and World War II, there were no Olympic Games in 1916, 1940, or 1944.

Roughly 3,600g of gold worth more than $193,250 will be used to plate the medals that will be awarded at the 2012 London Olympic Games.

The first woman to light the Olympic Flame at an opening ceremony was Mexican hurdler Norma Basilio at the 1968 Mexico City Olympic Games.

Some of the events that have been dropped from the Olympic Games over the years include the Tug-of-War, Pelote Bisque, Cricket, Polo and the shooting of live pigeons.
Go Antartica!

And bring back cricket.
apparently its pretty hot over there, and all the athletes do not have AC in their rooms

except the athletes from Great Britain

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1274141-olympic-village-controversy-great-britain-enjoys-ac-while-other-athletes-melt

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/olympic-village-air-conditioning-controversy/x4p8p1g

English = =rest of webzone
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jul 27, 2012 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
apparently its pretty hot over there, and all the athletes do not have AC in their rooms

except the athletes from Great Britain

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1274141-olympic-village-controversy-great-britain-enjoys-ac-while-other-athletes-melt

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/olympic-village-air-conditioning-controversy/x4p8p1g

English = =rest of webzone

Dammit English
I hope I can catch some canoeing, handball, ping pong, and trampline.

I get tired of watching gymnastics and swimming and track (racing most of the time only). Although I do enjoy a good race in the pool or on the track, the prime time coverage has no variety.

It's fun to watch other strange olympics sports.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
India has a population of 1.2 billion and are sending 81 athletes to compete in 13 disciplines.

The USA has a population of 314 million and is sending 530 athletes to compete in 25 disciplines.

WhyTF are your people slippin on the athlete participation? They have over 3 times the people in the USA.

1.2 billion, and i bet over 50% are homeless living in their own s**t.

plus indians don't have the genes to be athletes, just doctors, engineers and 7/11 owners

you think thats bad. bangladesh has NEVER even won a medal and they have over 15o million people.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Dammit English

Thought they would enjoy our weather! They don't need aircon.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Dammit English

Thought they would enjoy our weather! They don't need aircon.

England wouldnt be England without Shi**y food & Shi**y weather.
The stage looks like a bloody golf course
WTF am I watching, Lord of the Rings?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
WTF am I watching, Lord of the Rings?

The Industrial Revolution.

And yes, this opening ceremony looks like a puppy who lost its way
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Jul 27, 2012 at 1:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone