LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

NCAA source: "Unprecedented" penalties against Penn State

• teeohh
  • Veteran
RT @schadjoe: PSU loses 20 total scholarships each year for four year period.

---->RT @AP_Top25: BREAKING: #NCAA levies $60 million sanction on Penn State, a four-year bowl ban, vacates all wins from 1998 through 2011.
Link to the story:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-0724-penn-state--20120724,0,6965116.story
Originally posted by toeshawn:
RT @schadjoe: PSU loses 20 total scholarships each year for four year period.

---->RT @AP_Top25: BREAKING: #NCAA levies $60 million sanction on Penn State, a four-year bowl ban, vacates all wins from 1998 through 2011.

Plus 5yrs probation
I think the death penalty would have been better for Penn st.
111 wins vacated!!!!woooooow.joe pa went from winningest coach of alltime to 8th.damn
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
The derp penalty
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
that should mean every player on the team is eligible to transfer without having to sit out a season
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Said this morning that if the bowl ban is 3 years then So., Jr, and Sr can transfer and play immediately for another team.
If I'm reading their roster correctly they only have 1 player that's a true freshman

It's 4, they can transfer now?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Said this morning that if the bowl ban is 3 years then So., Jr, and Sr can transfer and play immediately for another team.
If I'm reading their roster correctly they only have 1 player that's a true freshman

It's 4, they can transfer now?
yeah if it was 2 years then only Jr and Sr could transfer without penalty now it's everyone!
I read on the ticker all players can transfer and play immediately.

Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
111 wins vacated!!!!woooooow.joe pa went from winningest coach of alltime to 8th.damn

Edit:5th in wins now,derp..
The derp penalty

This,lol
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jul 23, 2012 at 7:00 AM ]
The death penalty would have been unfair to players. The death penalty for SMU was for them lying to the NCAA about paying players.

This was a cover up of sexual abuse by the coaches/ staff. To simply give the death penalty would have, imo, been an easy out
Originally posted by ImaMod:
One sicko shouldn't ruin it for a whole football program. The players didnt do anything. Sandusky will be in jail for the rest of his life and Joe Paterno is dead. The 2 guys that should be punished are gone, I dont get what good this is going to do. Its not going to do anything or punish whoever was involved in this, all those guys are gone. Punishing the school isn't going to make sure a sicko doesn't rape kids again, like I said, the people that should've been punished are gone. Anyone who was responsible for what happened is gone
Right now they're just going to punish people that weren't responsible for what happened.. I dont think its logical

Could not agree with you more. A thorough investigation is needed and only those who did nothing to sound the alarm should be punished.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
OK then ... RT @Aaron_Nagler @AlbertBreer Programs taking in PSU players will reportedly be given an exemption from scholarship limits.

Cal need to get some!
Share 49ersWebzone