There are 164 users in the forums

`````````` MLS 2015 / 2016 ``````````

Nice to see the groundbreaking go official.

And once again, the Quakes cruise to an easy 4-1 victory, last night.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Nice to see the groundbreaking go official.

And once again, the Quakes cruise to an easy 4-1 victory, last night.

It's going to be awesome as the fan base grows and the team moves away from Buckshaw Stadium. Going from one of the ugliest stadiums to possibly the best one!

I actually like Buck Shaw. It's not the fanciest, but it's a nice place to watch a game.

^^
Buck Shaw lol I can't wait for this new stadium! I'm considering buying a season pass.
[ Edited by H41L5ATAN on Aug 27, 2012 at 1:17 PM ]
Quakes just shat all over Chivas USA last night. 2 in the first half, 2 in the second for the 4-0 win. Ramiro Corrales, who was with San Jose when the first MLS game was played back in 96, scored 2 goals. Both from set pieces, and one was just ridiculous, as chivas was just standing around not paying attention and he kicked it into the open side of the net as they were trying to set up their wall. lol

Wondo hasn't scored a goal in a few games, now. Minus the one PK he had a couple games ago. He seems to be just barely missing his chances. A lot of balls off the iron, and such. He's gonna have to turn it on if he's gonna challenge the MLS goals in a season record.
Quakes just shat all over Chivas USA last night. 2 in the first half, 2 in the second for the 4-0 win. Ramiro Corrales, who was with San Jose when the first MLS game was played back in 96, scored 2 goals. Both from set pieces, and one was just ridiculous, as chivas was just standing around not paying attention and he kicked it into the open side of the net as they were trying to set up their wall. lol

Wondo hasn't scored a goal in a few games, now. Minus the one PK he had a couple games ago. He seems to be just barely missing his chances. A lot of balls off the iron, and such. He's gonna have to turn it on if he's gonna challenge the MLS goals in a season record.

Thanks for the update! I worked last night and missed the game. Looking forward to seeing the replay.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

Thanks for the update! I worked last night and missed the game. Looking forward to seeing the replay.

Chivas had a few good chances. I was surprised they didn't get at least one in. On the other hand, their keeper made a s**t load of great saves. The Quakes could have easily put in 3 more.
http://www.sjearthquakes.com/news/2012/08/quakes-announce-groundbreaking-date-new-stadium

Two new stadiums in 2014

Damn if San Jose manages to acquire the A's and build a new stadium there... Sharks, Earthquakes, A's, and short distance from the 49ers? Wow.

Same contractors of the 49ers New Stadium will be the ones building the Quakes' new digs...

Kansas City-based 360 Architecture designed the Earthquakes new stadium, which will be built by Milpitas' Devcon Construction. 360 Architecture has a track record of developing top-notch sports facilities, including MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, home of the NFL's New York Giants and New York Jets, and American Airlines Arena, home of the NBA's Miami Heat. Devcon Construction has been a leader in the construction industry since it was founded in 1976 and has built over thirty million square feet of office, commercial and industrial space throughout Northern California. Devcon is currently building a new stadium for the San Francisco 49ers in partnership with Turner Construction set to open in 2014.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
http://www.sjearthquakes.com/news/2012/08/quakes-announce-groundbreaking-date-new-stadium

Two new stadiums in 2014

Damn if San Jose manages to acquire the A's and build a new stadium there... Sharks, Earthquakes, A's, and short distance from the 49ers? Wow.

Same contractors of the 49ers New Stadium will be the ones building the Quakes' new digs...

Quote:

Kansas City-based 360 Architecture designed the Earthquakes new stadium, which will be built by Milpitas' Devcon Construction. 360 Architecture has a track record of developing top-notch sports facilities, including MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, home of the NFL's New York Giants and New York Jets, and American Airlines Arena, home of the NBA's Miami Heat. Devcon Construction has been a leader in the construction industry since it was founded in 1976 and has built over thirty million square feet of office, commercial and industrial space throughout Northern California. Devcon is currently building a new stadium for the San Francisco 49ers in partnership with Turner Construction set to open in 2014.

My buddy works for them. They asked him which stadium he wants to work on. I'm hoping he goes with the Quakes because he's a raider fan. He said he's gonna stick raider stickers while their building it.

He's a big Quakes fan, though. I think he's gonna go with that.
Quakes won an international exhibition against San Luis FC of the mexican league. Wondo put in a goal 2 minutes into the 2nd half extra time. He continued his bad luck earlier in the game when he put one off the crossbar. Something he seems to do about 2 or 3 times a game.

Next game is on the 15th down in LA against Chivas USA.

Dawkins!!.
Great win on the road in a tough stadium. Dawkins with the goal 2 minutes in was sweet. When they tied it up 15 minutes later I thought they might swing the momentum, but the Quakes held strong. Wondo with the little touch to redirect the ball was sick.

Great tie on Wednesday after going down 2-0 early in the 2nd half. I knew Yallop wasn't f**king around when he had Wondo, Lenny, and Gordon in at the same time. Goonies never say die!!!
f**king goodies never say die!!!

Again the late heroics. They go down 3-2 just before the end of the game. Lenhart, who already had a goal earlier, puts in a header to preserve the draw late in stoppage time. No matter how many times they give up a goal late, they always put one in at the end for the win or tie. This team is unreal.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Two new stadiums in 2014

South Bay is coming up
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
We all gotta start some place my man. Once you learn all the rules and the playing styles of the game you will see why its the worlds game.

Hey Nick, do you play? I'm looking to get back into indoor, but I don't have a team to play with.

Do you even live in the bay area?

DERP!

How the f**k did I not see you post this!?!? Yeah I live in San Jose. I know there is a place near here that has indoor soccer teams but I havent joined up basically for the same reasons. I need to get into mildly good shape again though Im down though! I have played the beautiful game since the age of 8 all the way till high school.
[ Edited by NickV on Oct 1, 2012 at 8:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone