LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

`````````` MLS 2015 / 2016 ``````````

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Went to the Sac Republic FC home opener tonight. Playing in the USL Pro league (third division behind MLS and NASL).

Pretty good statement from Sacramento, which is hoping to get an MLS team. Sold out, more than 20,000 in attendance, more than double the previous USL single-game record. Impressive for third division.

Game itself was decent. Adam Jahn, 2013 first rounder for the Earthquakes, played for Sac on loan. Scored team's only goal. 2-1 loss.

The Uniform and Logo may be the best in California.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/04/25/6355033/sacramento-republic-fc-opener.html

Sacramento Republic FC opener sells out, sets league record

Sacramento Republic FC has announced that their inaugural home opener match on Saturday at Hughes Stadium is sold out.

Hughes Stadium attendance capacity for a soccer event is 20,231.

The sellout signifies a record for a United Soccer League PRO regular season match and falls just short of the league's all-time attendance record.

The regular season record for a USL PRO season match was 10,697 established on Aug. 11, 2013. Orlando City SC holds the all-time USL PRO attendance record of 20,886 when they hosted the 2013 USL PRO championship match.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/04/25/6355033/sacramento-republic-fc-opener.html#storylink=cpy
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

This pains me to say, but I thing the galaxy's rasta jerseys hold that distinction.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

This pains me to say, but I thing the galaxy's rasta jerseys hold that distinction.

• Jiks
Down 0-2 @ 72'. Final RSL-3 Chicago-2

If ya don't know Joao Plata you better learn.

Still unbeaten
Gave up 3 goals in the first 20 minutes. Ain't no way to win when you start like that. Yannick tore his hammy it looked like. Not good at all.
  • Jiks
That was some cheap ass s**t to lose on.
Wow! Huge stones on Klinsmann, leaving off Donovan.

2014 FIFA WORLD CUP – U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (8): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Congrats to Wondo!!!
Whooaaaaaaa no Landon!!!
  • Jiks

Surprised no Landon though 4 sho.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Surprised no Landon though 4 sho.

Happy for both those guys, but I don't think Rimando sees any action unless we lose the first 2 games and are already out of it.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Whooaaaaaaa no Landon!!!

yeah im shocked and kinda sad

im not gonna hate on klinsmann though, im sure it wasnt an easy decision
You don't cut a guy like Landon.
You let him tell you that he can't compete at a level he used to anymore. What a shame.

Not to mention he is better than most of the people picked over him
Originally posted by Quest4six:
You let him tell you that he can't compete at a level he used to anymore. What a shame.

Agree. You can't convince me that Donovan doesn't deserve one of 23 spots. He can't give you 20 solid minutes at the end of a game? His veteran presence should have been enough. There's certainly replaceable players that made it over him. I don't like it.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Agree. You can't convince me that Donovan doesn't deserve one of 23 spots. He can't give you 20 solid minutes at the end of a game? His veteran presence should have been enough. There's certainly replaceable players that made it over him. I don't like it.

Seems to me he was in Jurgen's dog house for a while.
Share 49ersWebzone