LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

`````````` MLS 2015 / 2016 ``````````

Its going to be interesting to see what Stuart Holden can bring. Before his injuries he was the best player for Bolton in the Premier League.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NickV:
Klinsmann is a f**king idiot for not calling up Wondolowski. The guy is the hottest USA goal scorer over the past 2 years. He gives him one call up for a friendly, and then nothing. f**king retarded.

Wondo missed a sitter a few years back against Panama I believe. Hasn't been called back since.

He's put in nearly 50 goals since then. It's retarded to not even call him up and have him on the bench.

And he appeared in a usmnt game last year as a sub against canada.

I'm not saying your wrong. But from alot of the banter I've heard among experts and blogs, it left a bad image with Bob Bradley and passed on over to Jurgen. Anyways i missed the last time he was called up.

Jozey is the clear cut number 1at striker. He was tearing up the Dutch leage. He needs to move onto another stronger league now. I heard he might be moving onto Real Betis in Spain.
Klinsmann is a f**king idiot for not calling up Wondolowski. The guy is the hottest USA goal scorer over the past 2 years. He gives him one call up for a friendly, and then nothing. f**king retarded.

Wondo missed a sitter a few years back against Panama I believe. Hasn't been called back since.

He's put in nearly 50 goals since then. It's retarded to not even call him up and have him on the bench.

And he appeared in a usmnt game last year as a sub against canada.

I'm not saying your wrong. But from alot of the banter I've heard among experts and blogs, it left a bad image with Bob Bradley and passed on over to Jurgen. Anyways i missed the last time he was called up.

Jozey is the clear cut number 1at striker. He was tearing up the Dutch leage. He needs to move onto another stronger league now. I heard he might be moving onto Real Betis in Spain.

So much for him joining my Reds! Liverpool might need him with the Suarez suspension and the uncertainity behind Andy Carroll. I think of Wondo as a poor man's Chicharito in that he's in the right place at the right time to score a goal instead of him creating his own shot. This is not neccessarily a knock on Wondo since his goal tallee speaks for itself but it shocks me he isn't a regular on the national squad.

Originally posted by 5times:
Its going to be interesting to see what Stuart Holden can bring. Before his injuries he was the best player for Bolton in the Premier League.

Now this is news to me! Seriously Stuard Holden was/is that good?!
Originally posted by Niners99:
I dont understand the fascination with soccer. There are SO many better and more interesting sports.

Call me crazy, but watching players run up and down a field the size of the stadium parking lot, and possibly seeing a final score of 0-0, doesnt seem very enticing.

Lol don't hate cause you don't understand the game, it's like when someone calls baseball the most boring action less sport
Wondo isn't that great but I think he has been called up before. Joezy can potentially be a very good player but I think he suffers from a very week supporting cast. Bradly and Dempsey are proven capable players but that's about all. Josh Gatt is a player to watch he is young and a decent prospect playing In Europe.

Kilnsmann has been doing a heck of a job IMO this team has not had so little talent since the early 90s
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Any one watching the quakes right now? Completely open ended. No midfield. End to end stuff lol. Colorado just got a red card. 1-1 right now.
I can't stand the rosters that Frankie is putting out there, lately. There's no flow. I'll take the draw, but it sucks that they keep wasting so many opportunities. Then again, CO hit the post twice, so we're lucky to get the draw.
What's missing now? Chavez, Gordon, and Lenny returned to the pitch. Only Hernandez is missing. Seems like there's no cohesiveness with the squad at the moment. That being said... I woke my roommate up after witnessing that AWESOME free kick by Marvin! f**king thing of beauty!

Originally posted by 49erha:
Wondo isn't that great but I think he has been called up before. Joezy can potentially be a very good player but I think he suffers from a very week supporting cast. Bradly and Dempsey are proven capable players but that's about all. Josh Gatt is a player to watch he is young and a decent prospect playing In Europe.

Kilnsmann has been doing a heck of a job IMO this team has not had so little talent since the early 90s

I put Josh Gatt on par with the top American prospects under 23.

1) Jozy Altidore, ST
2) Brek Shea, MF/W
3) Josh Gatt, W
4) Timothy Chandler, RB
5) Omar Gonzalez, CB

Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Originally posted by 49erha:

I put Josh Gatt on par with the top American prospects under 23.

1) Jozy Altidore, ST
2) Brek Shea, MF/W
3) Josh Gatt, W
4) Timothy Chandler, RB
5) Omar Gonzalez, CB

Chandler and gonzales are nothing special, I would really love to see this team succeed but the prospects arent great I dont see one player besides altidore who hasthepotential to even reach dempsey's level. Which sucks this country should really have the tools to develop young kids.

Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
So much for him joining my Reds! Liverpool might need him with the Suarez suspension and the uncertainity behind Andy Carroll. I think of Wondo as a poor man's Chicharito in that he's in the right place at the right time to score a goal instead of him creating his own shot. This is not neccessarily a knock on Wondo since his goal tallee speaks for itself but it shocks me he isn't a regular on the national squad.

Now this is news to me! Seriously Stuard Holden was/is that good?!
Before his major injury definitely, he was voted the teams best player for Bolton in his first season there.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
The mid field is ass.

No good 6,8 or 10

But its the MLS and the pickings are slim.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Juan Agudelo should have moved to Celtic when he had the chance. Even though playing in Scotland is marginally better than the MLS he would have been exposed to Champions League footy.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Also Brek Shea isnt a Stoke City type of player. He would have been better suited at Everton or maybe Swansea. More technical and free flowing instead of heaving long balls everywhere.

Any team that features Peter Crouch as their main striker is doomed for any sort of success.
ONCE AGAIN,

SOCCER IS FAMOUS WORLDWIDE BECAUSE......

all you need is a ball. You don't need a helmet, you don't need mitts and bats , it's simple for third worlders to play.

Continue...
Share 49ersWebzone