There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tiger vs Federer

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
I don't think you're giving Tiger enough credit for what he's done.

Federer's next closest competitor in Nadal has won 10+ majors.

Phil Mickelson has 4.

This debate is not even close. Federer is a legend yes but more dominant than Tiger absolutely not

Federer has not dominated the best players of his era - if anything, he has been pretty average against them.
Tiger, but closer than some are comfortable o admit.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,858
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Tiger, but closer than some are comfortable o admit.

thats a fair answer.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Tiger, but closer than some are comfortable o admit.

Based on what?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
I don't think you're giving Tiger enough credit for what he's done.

Federer's next closest competitor in Nadal has won 10+ majors.

Phil Mickelson has 4.

This debate is not even close. Federer is a legend yes but more dominant than Tiger absolutely not

Federer has not dominated the best players of his era - if anything, he has been pretty average against them.

Tiger has dominated at every venue multiple times in his career unlike Federer who has been owned at the French Open multiple times.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
hooray for ignorance

You activated my trap card
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
hooray for ignorance

You activated my trap card

It's cuz I love you
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Tiger, but closer than some are comfortable o admit.

Based on what?

previously held the ATP No. 1 position for a record 237 consecutive weeks from 2 February 2004 to 18 August 2008. Federer has occupied the No. 1 ranking for 286 overall weeks, equaling the record held by Pete Sampras

Federer has won a men's record 17 Grand Slam singles titles.

He is one of seven male players to capture the career Grand Slam (one of four in the Open Era) and one of three (with Andre Agassi and Rafael Nadal) to do so on three different surfaces (clay, grass, and hard courts).

He is the only male player in tennis history to have reached the title match of each Grand Slam tournament at least five times, and is also the only male tennis player in the Open era to have reached the Wimbledon final eight times.

He has been in the final at each of the nine ATP Masters 1000 tournaments, a record amongst male tennis players as well.

Federer has appeared in an unprecedented 24 career Grand Slam tournament finals, including a men's record ten in a row, and appeared in 18 of 19 finals from the 2005 Wimbledon Championships through to the 2010 Australian Open, the lone exception being the 2008 Australian Open.

He holds the record of reaching the semifinals or better of 23 consecutive Grand Slam tournaments over five and a half years, from the 2004 Wimbledon Championships through the 2010 Australian Open.

He also holds the record for most match wins in Grand Slam tournaments

Federer has won a record six ATP World Tour Finals and 20 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments.

He also won the Olympic gold medal in doubles with his compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka at the 2008 Summer Olympic Games.

He spent eight years (2003–2010) continuously in the top 2 in the year-end rankings and nine (2003–2011) in the Top 3, also a record among male players. His rivalries with Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic are considered some of the greatest of all time in the sport and are even considered to be a "Trivalry" between the three.

Sportsman of the year.

Humanitarian of the year.

And regarded as the best to ever play tennis. Most still say Tiger may be or could be, but all think Roger is the best to ever play tennis.

Like I said, Tiger is higher to me, but people need to give some credit to Federer. It's ok to admit that. Doesn't take anything from Tiger.
I'm not taking anything from Federer he's unbelievable and I watch all of his matches in the majors. However Tiger has no other close competitor unlike roger who has been defeated regularly at the French by Nadal and now Djokovic (sp?) has been defeating Roger as well. Which shifts the favor towards Tiger
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
I'm not taking anything from Federer he's unbelievable and I watch all of his matches in the majors. However Tiger has no other close competitor unlike roger who has been defeated regularly at the French by Nadal and now Djokovic (sp?) has been defeating Roger as well. Which shifts the favor towards Tiger

Agreed. I was just stating it becuase, like Tiger, both we're untouchable years ago.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
I'm not taking anything from Federer he's unbelievable and I watch all of his matches in the majors. However Tiger has no other close competitor unlike roger who has been defeated regularly at the French by Nadal and now Djokovic (sp?) has been defeating Roger as well. Which shifts the favor towards Tiger

Agreed. I was just stating it becuase, like Tiger, both we're untouchable years ago.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
hooray for ignorance

You activated my trap card

It's cuz I love you