LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Tiger vs Federer

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Who's been the most dominant at their respective sport?

I'm gonna go with

I will go with Tiger and that is taking nothing away from Federer. He may be the most dominant tennis player ever. Still, he won just 1 French Open and has been dominated on clay by Nadal.

Tiger has won all 4 majors at least 3 times and has won 14 majors. The closest to him playing during his time... Michelson with 4.

It is obviously higher odds for a golfer to win a tourney than a tennis player but in my opinion Woods is the more dominant.
Tiger and it's not even close. Tiger has never been dominated in any particular venue like Federer has. Tiger has won more tournaments over a longer period of time (since age 20) In 286 events, Tiger has finished in the top 25= 229 times and Top 10 =172 times. In fields of over 100 players Tiger has won an astonishing 25.8% of the time. Tiger has dominated his sport for a longer period of time than Federer has. In terms of popularity that is also laughable as Tiger revolutionized golf attracting millions of young kids to the sport and his charity has reached over 10 million people as well. The answer is Tiger and its not even close.

But those aren't real sports
Originally posted by YungAce:
But those aren't real sports

hooray for ignorance
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Federer has been dominated by Nadal...and when it's all said and done - Nadal may end up with about the same no. of slams. Federer won most of his slams in an era where his top competition consisted of aging Sampras and Agassi and over-rated Andy Roddick. When Nadal arrived to the scene - he got the better of Federer on most occasions and now Djoker has beaten him several times in recent times - except couple days back.
In a boxing match?
No
Anderson Silva.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Tiger changed golf forever. /thread

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I don't think you guys are giving Federer enough credit for what he's done. As far as popularity, no question it's Tiger.
Originally posted by Amir:
I don't think you guys are giving Federer enough credit for what he's done. As far as popularity, no question it's Tiger.

As I posted I think he may be the best tennis player ever. Certainly top 5. However, when you compare him to Tiger and his dominance in golf I dont see how Federer can be on top. Pretty clearly Tiger in my opinion.
Originally posted by Amir:

I don't think you're giving Tiger enough credit for what he's done.

Federer's next closest competitor in Nadal has won 10+ majors.

Phil Mickelson has 4.

This debate is not even close. Federer is a legend yes but more dominant than Tiger absolutely not
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Jul 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM ]
Tiger. Its not even close
Share 49ersWebzone