There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NCAA Football thread

So if USC beats ND, are we staring down the barrel of a 'Bama-Georgia championship game? Back-to back All-Sec championship games? lol
It's funny, in all my years of watching college football, I can't recall b!tching about a ranked/ top-25 teams' schedule; but eveytime Notre Dame is even in the Top 25, that's the first thing haters cry about.
Here's a thought, just say you hate them, and leave it at that, because the reality is, no team in history has faced & defeated the #1 team in the country each and every week, en route to a title.

[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Nov 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by lordfangio:
So if USC beats ND, are we staring down the barrel of a 'Bama-Georgia championship game? Back-to back All-Sec championship games? lol

I THINK they play each other in the sec championship game.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein

Bad day for Jerry Kill. WR AJ Barker writes a compelling, convincing essay about his decision to quit the #Gophers. http://bit.ly/U8TrZK
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

RT @insidetroy: Kiffin on Matt Barkley said out for Notre Dame.
Originally posted by Jcool:

There really is such a thing as Luck of the Irish.
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Quote:

No, he's right. As luck would have it, we haven't had a National Championship since '88.

Wow, we get all the breaks.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by Marsh:
Quote:

No, he's right. As luck would have it, we haven't had a National Championship since '88.

Wow, we get all the breaks.

Luck had nothing to do with the fact that its been almost a quarter century since Notre Dame had a National Championship. I would give credit more to: Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham, Charlie Weiss, and the lack of many elite players.

As far as luck for next week... yes it is a HUGE break if USC has to start a QB that hasnt played all year. That shouldnt be too hard to comprehend.
I would hate to face Alabama
you forgot O'Leary's magical 3 days
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I would hate to face Alabama

Bring on 'Bama! I'd rather face them; more than any other squad, so no one can b!tch, either way. And I'm 100% relived we don't have to face K St for the title, we would have never heard the end of it.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
We are the Cinderella story. This season has been a magical one and each and every week we find ways to win football games, it's just been unbelievable.

Oh and hola IWASTHEREFORTHEMAGICALSEASON.

Notre Dame vs. SEC team? Ratings would be through the roof
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Until halftime when its 28-0 Bama. LOL.. I kid I kid.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Until halftime when its 28-0 Bama. LOL.. I kid I kid.

Notre Dame's D is good enough to limit an SEC offense. I just don't know how Notre Dame is going to score against an SEC D....