There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NCAA Football thread

With the new college season rapidly approaching thought it would be time to start the new college football thread.
Ohio State running back Jordan Hall is out for 10 weeks due to a cut on his foot. Though I don't think this will hurt the Ohio State running game overall because I think Carlos Hyde has shown enough to be considered a starter at RB, I think it will really hurt there return game.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Go bears!
Stanford RB Tyler Gaffney has decided to opt out of his senior season to pursue a pro baseball career.
it's DEGENERATE time!!! $$$$$
Notable week 1 games:
- Boise State @ Michigan State - Boise enters the post Kellen Moore era and gets to take on a decent Big 10 opponent
-Miami (OH) @ Ohio State- first game in Urban Myers tenure at The Ohio State
-Michigan @ Alabama- neutral territory as it is playing at the Cowboys Stadium, will see if either team is a possible national title contender
-Kentucky @ Louisville- more known for there basketball rivalry but still a great in state battle
Georgia Tech @ Va Tech- Good ACC Monday night battle that could determine the winner of the ACC coastal division

These are just a few games that caught my eyes let me know if there are any other games that interest you week one.
Georgia RB Isiah Crowell dismissed from team after weapon charges. Also had a failed drug test during the 2011 season and missed the New Mexico State game.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I am glad they scheduled some cupcake games early for Urban Myer to get his feet wet, see you Week 3.
[ Edited by 49erstrandedinclev on Jul 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Go bears!

This!!
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
I am glad they scheduled some cupcake games early for Urban Myer to get his feet wet, see you Week 3.

bring it!
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Notable week 1 games:
- Boise State @ Michigan State - Boise enters the post Kellen Moore era and gets to take on a decent Big 10 opponent
-Miami (OH) @ Ohio State- first game in Urban Myers tenure at The Ohio State
-Michigan @ Alabama- neutral territory as it is playing at the Cowboys Stadium, will see if either team is a possible national title contender
-Kentucky @ Louisville- more known for there basketball rivalry but still a great in state battle
Georgia Tech @ Va Tech- Good ACC Monday night battle that could determine the winner of the ACC coastal division

These are just a few games that caught my eyes let me know if there are any other games that interest you week one.
THANK GOD ANOTHER BUCKEYE FAN ON THE WEBZONE!!!

The Boise and Michigan games will be the marquee matchups. I think Alabama will roll (no pun intended) Michigan, but I have no idea how Boise will look without Kellen Moore. If they still had him, I'd predict a Boise win, but I dunno. MSU is decent.
LB Storm Kline Dismissed from the Ohio State after being charged with domestic violence.
Clemson!!
  • zero
  • Veteran
The Coaches Poll is out. Don't want to spoil it for everyone but the SEC has five teams ranked in the top 10, including both 1 and 2 spots. Let the SEC hate begin.....