LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Name the last big time FA / player on the move who wasn't thrown into the Laker rumor mill.

Uh, does every single big name FA in that 2010 class count?
Originally posted by andes14:
Name the last big time FA / player on the move who wasn't thrown into the Laker rumor mill.

Uh, does every single big name FA in that 2010 class count?

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5483

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/354741-is-lebron-james-headed-to-the-lakers-next-season

Of course, you may have missed those ones, what with all the 'Kurt Thomas to LA' talk that was going on at the time.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
are knicks really gonna let Lin go?

WTF

I enjoyed Lin on the Knicks but he is a huge liability on defense.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

WTF

Knicks are offering Shumpert for Nash

the one guy who can play perimeter defense
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

WTF

His defense is terrible, he has those games where he turns the ball over like 8 times, and he cant go left
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
"@WojYahooNBA: Knicks, Suns are in the critical stages of discussions on a sign-and-trade deal that would pay Nash $27M-$30M over 3 years, sources tell Y!"

"@ESPNSteinLine: Sources briefed on talks say Lakers' reported S-and-T push for Nash blocked to date by Suns brass. Can't stomach dealing him to old rival"

Lulz

Man I can't stand the Knicks or New York but I want Steve Nash to get a ring he's my favorite player but I can't stand New York, Spike Lee, Amare, and Carmelo. Hopefully he doesn't go there
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I don't understand the Nash thing. Isn't he a FA? Why wouldn't he just sign with another team?

thats what i was thinking
I don't understand the Nash thing. Isn't he a FA? Why wouldn't he just sign with another team?

Knicks are over the cap and can't offer him as much so they need Phoenix to work with them in a S&T. If Nash wants to go to NY AND get more money he needs some help so he will agree to it. Pretty simple. What don't you understand?
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5483

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/354741-is-lebron-james-headed-to-the-lakers-next-season

Of course, you may have missed those ones, what with all the 'Kurt Thomas to LA' talk that was going on at the time.

LMAOOOOOO...everyone and their kitchen sink knows that the Heat, Cavs, Bulls, Knicks, Nets, and Clippers were the only teams with even a .00000001% chance of landing LBJ...anyone who thinks ANYONE else had ANY chance of landing him is insane. So if a bleacher report (hahahah, bleacher report) slapdick writes an article saying it would be fun if Dwight Howard went to Charlotte or if Wilt Chamberlain came back from the dead to play for the Wizards, that's a credible article to say that those are possible?? Talking about it being fun if something happened=possible for it to happen in your book? So is Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to Miami possible since that would be fun? HAHAHAHAHAH

Not to mention, where are the rumors/discussion of Dwyane Wade to LAL? Or Bosh? Boozer? Stoudemire? Joe Johnson? LOL
[ Edited by andes14 on Jul 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
LMAOOOOOO...everyone and their kitchen sink knows that the Heat, Cavs, Bulls, Knicks, Nets, and Clippers were the only teams with even a .00000001% chance of landing LBJ...anyone who thinks ANYONE else had ANY chance of landing him is insane. So if a bleacher report (hahahah, bleacher report) slapdick writes an article saying it would be fun if Dwight Howard went to Charlotte or if Wilt Chamberlain came back from the dead to play for the Wizards, that's a credible article to say that those are possible?? Talking about it being fun if something happened=possible for it to happen in your book? So is Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to Miami possible since that would be fun? HAHAHAHAHAH

I vote this for worst post of the year.

Originally posted by ImaMod:

Cool, I vote for someone actually trying to claim LeBron to LAL was in the realm of possibility because bleacher report and stuff said it would be like fun and stuff as worst post of year...cant. stop. laughing.

Actually, a post that funny might be the BEST post of the year, my bad
[ Edited by andes14 on Jul 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Cool, I vote for someone actually trying to claim LeBron to LAL was in the realm of possibility because bleacher report and stuff said it would be fun and stuff...cant. stop. laughing.

He never said that
He said big time FAs and players on the move are almost always in the Lakers rumor mill

which I would agree with
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM ]
Maybe if you could discuss things in a amicable manner, people would take you seriously.

I would have been super amicable if it weren't for the obnoxious Kurt Thomas s**t, he was asking for it
He never said that
He said big time FAs and players on the move are almost always in the Lakers rumor mill

which I would agree with

In reality, LBJ to LAL was never even in the same stratosphere of even being in the embryonic stages of being an actual rumor...like I said, if someone at bleacher report wrote an article talking about how much fun it would be if Chris Paul and Dwight Howard went to Miami, would you say Paul and Howard to Miami belongs in the rumor mill?
[ Edited by andes14 on Jul 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
In reality, LBJ to LAL was never even in the same stratosphere of even being in the embryonic stages of being an actual rumor...like I said, if someone at bleacher report wrote an article talking about how much fun it would be if Chris Paul and Dwight Howard went to Miami, would you say Paul and Howard to Miami belongs in the rumor mill?

You're missing Sixth's point
Share 49ersWebzone