There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Don't they have Gerald Wallace too?

He's a FA now. Would they be able to afford him if they for Dwight though?

I heard they resigned him already for a $10M a year deal...

Yeah, I think it's four years for $40 mill if I'm not mistaken
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Don't they have Gerald Wallace too?

He's a FA now. Would they be able to afford him if they for Dwight though?

I heard they resigned him already for a $10M a year deal...

Yeah, I think it's four years for $40 mill if I'm not mistaken

Oh snap!

My bad. Yeah, that four can do done serious damage in their first year.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports.

do they even want howard any more?

afford him?

I think they've given up...this is a telling sign that it really does appear Dwight is in LA or bust mode...

Sources: The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks… and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017….move would give Nets Big 3 of D-Will, Dwight & Joe Johnson

I guess they really want just 6 guys on their roster

Look at the time stamp of that update (which I heard was by Chris Broussard around 630am PST) and compare it to the time stamps of the updates that they are in the process of acquiring Reggie Evans (this afternoon), and then the time stamp of the update that

The Magic are focusing their attention to trading Dwight Howard in a deal involving Andrew Bynum, according to sources.

Beyond Bynum, Orlando would require draft picks and absorb long-term money from their payroll either in the form of Hedo Turkoglu or Jason Richardson.

A trade centered around Howard for Bynum has long been considered a strong possibility.

Orlando would seek a contract extension with Bynum before they sign off on a trade.

Sources say there is one other trade scenario for a significant player that intrigues general manager Rob Hennigan, but the specifics are unknown.

The Magic have continued discussions with the Brooklyn Nets and Houston Rockets, but aren't enamored with the possibilities of players and picks.

The Magic are in no rush to deal for Howard. (Jul 03, 2012 1:12 PM EDT)

It's LA or bust (or at least, so it seems) at this point...
Look at the time stamp of that update (which I heard was by Chris Broussard around 630am PST) and compare it to the time stamps of the updates that they are in the process of acquiring Reggie Evans (this afternoon), and then the time stamp of the update that

The Magic are focusing their attention to trading Dwight Howard in a deal involving Andrew Bynum, according to sources.

Beyond Bynum, Orlando would require draft picks and absorb long-term money from their payroll either in the form of Hedo Turkoglu or Jason Richardson.

A trade centered around Howard for Bynum has long been considered a strong possibility.

Orlando would seek a contract extension with Bynum before they sign off on a trade.

Sources say there is one other trade scenario for a significant player that intrigues general manager Rob Hennigan, but the specifics are unknown.

The Magic have continued discussions with the Brooklyn Nets and Houston Rockets, but aren't enamored with the possibilities of players and picks.

If both teams require the players to sign extensions before signing off on the trade - I think the deal is DOA. Why would Bynum sign an extension with Orlando after playing his whole career in LA?

If both teams require the players to sign extensions before signing off on the trade - I think the deal is DOA. Why would Bynum sign an extension with Orlando after playing his whole career in LA?

Bynum wants his own team and a huge pay day. If Orlando throws him a max contract, he'll take it. He's been asked repeatedly if he wants to stay in LA and he always responds with something synonymous with "I'll play anywhere". He's young, a bit arrogant, and full of talent. He'll go to Orlando and think he can carry that team to the promise land. Then he'll fail...repeatedly...for years...then he'll understand, and grow, and mature...

Or his knees will just blow out before any of that happens
Do not want Howard.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Official

"@WojYahooNBA: Deron Williams has reached agreement on a 5 year, $100 million extension with Brooklyn, a league source tells Y! Sports."
Official

"@WojYahooNBA: Deron Williams has reached agreement on a 5 year, $100 million extension with Brooklyn, a league source tells Y! Sports."

he must like losing, lol
Official

Brooklyn we go hard!!!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Official

Brooklyn we go hard!!!

Didnt the owners just learn their lesson from the last CBA about over paying players?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Nets are still pursuing Bucks power forward Ersan Ilyasova, sources tell Y! Milwaukee has pushed to re-sign him.

Luxury tax FTW
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Official

Brooklyn we go hard!!!

Didnt the owners just learn their lesson from the last CBA about over paying players?

Williams deserves a max contract and so does Dwight. Joe Johnson is another story. It's a soft cap and the owners of the Nets are super loaded. Money is not a thing it seems
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Now that Williams has signed, the Nets should use their amnesty clause on Joe Johnson
It's getting exciting now.
are knicks really gonna let Lin go?

WTF