There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Jason Terry to Celtics
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Jason Terry to Celtics

Suddenly I no longer hate the Mavs.
Danny Ainge b******ttin', should bring back Iverson if you want a scoring guard off the bench. He'd be a perfect fit for that team.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
We're not trading Bynum AND Pau for Howard, lol.

Someone needs to tell Chris Broussard that Dwight is not a two syllable word.

Barkley and a couple of the other players around the league call him Duh-Wight as well...I think the proper pronunciation might actually be Duh-Wight...

Speaking of which, have you seen Dwight?
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports.
While the Lakers do appear to be in play for Dwight Howard, they also have a 'growing list of concerns' on actually acquiring him, according to a source.

Howard underwent season-ending back surgery on a bulging disk and it is unclear if he would actually sign a contract extension after privately saying he didn't want to play for the Lakers.

The Lakers also are uninterested in taking back additional salary in a trade for Howard.

If we're giving up MWP, not resigning Barnes...who the hell is going to be our defensive presence on the perimeter to cover the Durant and BronBrons of the world? Devin Ebanks? Keep MWP, take J-Rich's contract (he'd be a back up 2-guard that we so desperately need behind Kobe) if you absolutely must...

While the Lakers do appear to be in play for Dwight Howard, they also have a 'growing list of concerns' on actually acquiring him, according to a source.

Howard underwent season-ending back surgery on a bulging disk and it is unclear if he would actually sign a contract extension after privately saying he didn't want to play for the Lakers.

The Lakers also are uninterested in taking back additional salary in a trade for Howard.

God damnit, I just don't like this Dwight Howard stuff...at all...
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
Barkley and a couple of the other players around the league call him Duh-Wight as well...I think the proper pronunciation might actually be Duh-Wight...

Speaking of which, have you seen Dwight?

So you're saying the NBA is loaded with incompetent fools who can't read good... Derek Zoolander to the rescue!
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports.

do they even want howard any more?

afford him?
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jul 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:

afford him?

I think they've given up...this is a telling sign that it really does appear Dwight is in LA or bust mode...
[ Edited by GameOver on Jul 3, 2012 at 1:22 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I don't care much for Dwight Howard...but you guys are being way too harsh. The dude is in mid-20s, got drafted right out of high-school...to a team he didn't pick to go to - and it's really not that big of a deal if he can't make up his mind about what he really wants to do. It's his first big decision. People are getting way too sensitive to this kind of stuff. It's his life, and there is nothing too wrong with what he is doing. Ideally, you'd like him to decide and not waffle, but it's a big decision - and sometimes you can't decide what is best for you and there is nothing wrong with changing your mind and taking more time.

He is doing what is best for him, and Orlando should do what is best for them.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

afford him?

I think they've given up...this is a telling sign that it really does appear Dwight is in LA or bust mode...

Sources: The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks… and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017….move would give Nets Big 3 of D-Will, Dwight & Joe Johnson

I guess they really want just 6 guys on their roster
Lol the nets roll out starting only 4 players
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Sources: The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks… and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017….move would give Nets Big 3 of D-Will, Dwight & Joe Johnson

I guess they really want just 6 guys on their roster

Don't they have Gerald Wallace too?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

He's a FA now. Would they be able to afford him if they for Dwight though?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

He's a FA now. Would they be able to afford him if they for Dwight though?

I heard they resigned him already for a $10M a year deal...
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home