There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA As Orlando works to unload Dwight Howard, Magic focusing on Lakers' Andrew Bynum as top target, sources tell Y! Sports. Story soon on site.

Bynum is the best Center in the league. I'd do that trade over in a heart beat if I was the Magic

Howards a little diva b***h. I know Bynum is immature but he doesnt ask for the trade then say nevermind I want to stay and sign the opt-in clause. And then a few months later saying they blackmailed him into signing the clause and demanding a trade to only one team that has no trade assets.

He plays in LA. With Kobe. 2 championships. Why would he?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
isnt that how kobe acted when he wanted a trade?

At least Kobe was the greatest player in the league. This guy hasn't done s**t but win a couple DPOY awards. He's a drama queen that acts like the world revolves around him

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA As Orlando works to unload Dwight Howard, Magic focusing on Lakers' Andrew Bynum as top target, sources tell Y! Sports. Story soon on site.

Bynum is the best Center in the league. I'd do that trade over in a heart beat if I was the Magic

Howards a little diva b***h. I know Bynum is immature but he doesnt ask for the trade then say nevermind I want to stay and sign the opt-in clause. And then a few months later saying they blackmailed him into signing the clause and demanding a trade to only one team that has no trade assets.

Bynum was critized a lot when he was younger, I don't remember him doing anything dumb besides jacking up 3s like he's Reggie Miller

Seriously though. My only problem with Dwight howard is he really thinks he's superman. He thinks he's the greatest thing in the world and acts like he can get whatever the hell he wants. He's selfish and a huge drama queen I can't stand the guy
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM ]
3 team deal? Nets get Howard, Orlando gets Bynum, Lakers get Brooke Lopez + whatever fillers to make the trade work?

Better be Brook Lopez plus something else that's REALLY significant.
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo Celtics are in final discussions on terms of a multi-year deal with Mavericks free agent guard Jason Terry, sources tells Yahoo! Sports.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
3 team deal? Nets get Howard, Orlando gets Bynum, Lakers get Brooke Lopez + whatever fillers to make the trade work?

Kris Humphries, duh, the Kardashians need him back in LA for the drama.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
isnt that how kobe acted when he wanted a trade?

At least Kobe was the greatest player in the league. This guy hasn't done s**t but win a couple DPOY awards. He's a drama queen that acts like the world revolves around him

Bynum was critized a lot when he was younger, I don't remember him doing anything dumb besides jacking up 3s like he's Reggie Miller

Seriously though. My only problem with Dwight howard is he really thinks he's superman. He thinks he's the greatest thing in the world and acts like he can get whatever the hell he wants. He's selfish and a huge drama queen I can't stand the guy

He's done plenty of dumb things.

Not to mention all the games he's played like he could care less.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Like I said before, he's immature but Id still take him over Howard in a heart beat

Id take the best center in the league that does flagrant fouls once in a while over the 2nd who acts like he's a superman drama queen
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM ]
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=85owurx

Throw in some draft picks and lets make it happen.

Martell Webster and Brad Miller contracts can be bought out pretty cheap so thats why i threw them in

Brad Miller retired.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=85owurx

Throw in some draft picks and lets make it happen.

Martell Webster and Brad Miller contracts can be bought out pretty cheap so thats why i threw them in

Brad Miller retired.
His money still counts, he has a buy out option in his contract. you can trade retired players
We're not trading Bynum AND Pau for Howard, lol.

Someone needs to tell Chris Broussard that Dwight is not a two syllable word.
Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Kris Humphries, duh, the Kardashians need him back in LA for the drama.

Play Humphries at the 4, and Gasol at the 5. Lopez as the first big man off the bench. Orlando throws in Goomba? I'm not sure about anyone's contracts and how it would all work because I haven't looked into it, but there's enough pieces between NJ and ORL to make sense to ship out Bynum.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Jul 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM ]
Play Humphries at the 4, and Gasol at the 5. Lopez as the first big man off the bench. Orlando throws in Goomba? I'm not sure about anyone's contracts and how it would all work because I haven't looked into it, but there's enough pieces between NJ and ORL to make sense to ship out Bynum.

I disagree. ORL has nothing outside of Howard that I'd be interested in, and I certainly don't want Lopez & Humphries taking up the $20M or so in cap space that they would surely command over several years.
The rumored offer from the Lakers is Bynum & MWP for Howard, provided that Howard agrees to an extension. I'd guess that Orlando will want one of their bad contracts to go back to the Lakers in return, and ask for the Lakers to take Hedo. I think the Lakers say they'll take Jason Richardson instead, and throw in a future pick for good measure.

Even if Howard doesn't agree to extend, I'd be good with a one year run at a title with a lineup of Sessions/Kobe/Richardson/Gasol/Howard lineup.
You wouldn't take Ryan Anderson for one-year, 3 million? That's a dependable 3 point shooter the Lakers lack, and a 4 that can come in and stretch the floor for Pau and/or Lopez to work the inside or give Kobe room to attack the basket.
You wouldn't take Ryan Anderson for one-year, 3 million? That's a dependable 3 point shooter the Lakers lack, and a 4 that can come in and stretch the floor for Pau and/or Lopez to work the inside or give Kobe room to attack the basket.

That's assuming that no one signs Anderson to a significant offer sheet, and then where does that leave our rotation? Anderson starts at the 4, Pau starts at the 5...forming arguably the worst defensive front court in the NBA, and then we pay Humphries & Lopez $18-20M per year to play 12-15 minutes per game?