LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Bucher saying Dwight likely traded and hits free agent market in 2013 and could very well end up in Brooklyn when all said and done. Said his 2 teams on list are Dallas and Los Angeles Lakers, since Brooklyn is likely out of the mix.

Do Mavs have any assets to make this trade happen - I guess they have the exception from Odom trade - but other than that - what do they have?
It seems like the Lakers are the best bet if they decide to move Bynum. Orlando would be very fortunate if that happened. They wont get anything close to that.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Bucher saying Dwight likely traded and hits free agent market in 2013 and could very well end up in Brooklyn when all said and done. Said his 2 teams on list are Dallas and Los Angeles Lakers, since Brooklyn is likely out of the mix.

Do Mavs have any assets to make this trade happen - I guess they have the exception from Odom trade - but other than that - what do they have?
It seems like the Lakers are the best bet if they decide to move Bynum. Orlando would be very fortunate if that happened. They wont get anything close to that.

I wouldn't count the Rockets out because they have some great young assets. Obviously not a center like Bynum, or a player on his level, but they have a ton of good players at each position.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I agree. But, I believe Orlando will try to get rid of couple of their bad contracts as well - like Turkoglu and JRich - so it will be interesting what Lakers can offer.
In an interview one of the Maloofs said that the Kings have never had an offseason program untill now...nice work...morons
cmon mavs lets get deron williams!! and josh howard!! and ray allen!! hahahaha im goin crazyyy muyajshipaypgsgd;h
Originally posted by LBCniner:
cmon mavs lets get deron williams!! and josh howard!! and ray allen!! hahahaha im goin crazyyy muyajshipaypgsgd;h

You want Josh Howard back as a mav? Lol
There is still a chance that Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard could become a member of the Brooklyn Nets, according to league sources.

The Nets and the Orlando Magic are discussing a trade that would send Howard to the Nets for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017, sources said. Lopez and Humphries, who are both free agents, would go to Orlando in sign-and-trade deals. The move would be the Nets' second blockbuster trade this week and would give them a big three of Howard, Deron Williams and Joe Johnson that could rival the NBA champion Miami Heat's heralded trio of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8125453/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-go-brooklyn-nets-sources-say

A trio of Williams, Howard and Johnson would be a boon for the Nets as they open their first season in Brooklyn this fall.
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Jul 3, 2012 at 6:15 AM ]
No sleep, til Brooklyn!!!!!

Got season tix to dat rite der woadie!!!
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

man I'll choose knicks if howard goes to brooklyn
Originally posted by toeshawn:

Howard has been a douche but I live in BK near the stadium so Nets are growing on me.

That's a solid team, but right now, Deron, Joe, Crash, Humphries, and Brooke Lopez with Marshon off the bench is pretty damn good already.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toeshawn:

Howard has been a douche but I live in BK near the stadium so Nets are growing on me.

I can't quit those warriors
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA As Orlando works to unload Dwight Howard, Magic focusing on Lakers' Andrew Bynum as top target, sources tell Y! Sports. Story soon on site.
Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider Fields was 1 of Knicks few trade chips for Nash RT @ESPNSteinLine: Raptors and Knicks' RFA Landry Fields have agreed to 3-year offer sheet
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA As Orlando works to unload Dwight Howard, Magic focusing on Lakers' Andrew Bynum as top target, sources tell Y! Sports. Story soon on site.

3 team deal? Nets get Howard, Orlando gets Bynum, Lakers get Brooke Lopez + whatever fillers to make the trade work?
Share 49ersWebzone