LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 12/13

Also, Iniesta won UEFA's player of the year ahead of Messi and Ronaldo.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Awwww yeah WZ showdown, barca v benfica. Bring it you effers!! Wooooo

Also group d is crazy, all champions of their leagues. Poor ajax got matched up with madrid for the 3rd season in a row lol

Hell yes - last season I was looking forward to Benfica vs Barca semis before Chelsea started their lucky streak. Should be a fun fun game this time around. So looking forward to it and discussing the game with you as well.

...oh and I like groud D...would have loved Juvetus over Ajax in that group, but can't have everything.

Bring it, Group D!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Zenit just raided the portuguese league and dropped 100 million on two players. Bought Hulk from Porto for 60 mil and Axel Witsel from Benfica for 40 mil.

With the sale of Javi Garcia to man city we have no spine in our mid field anymore.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
RVP is redic

and I love the new united kits...

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Anyone heard/read the reason behind Ronaldo's unhappy comment? WTF...where did that come from?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Anyone heard/read the reason behind Ronaldo's unhappy comment? WTF...where did that come from?

Heard it could possibly be about his dad's passing away anniversary.. heard different things like he may have tried to get time off or tried to do some sort of tribute but RM declined his request. Or it could be something entirely different. Who knows. It's all speculation right now.

qualifiers today, Peru v Venezuela, I ain't scared!
I know this is late but my German team!!! Finally low switched up the scheme involving both reus and gotze from the start. Gotze and Ozil together will be an absolute monster

Juuuvvveee!!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Rumors - Real may sell Ronaldo for $200M - $250M

If true, this is ManCity's chance to truly enter the upper echelon of soccer clubs.

If true, this is ManCity's chance to truly enter the upper echelon of soccer clubs.

Link?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Link?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2012/09/12/3371757/real-madrid-would-sell-ronaldo-for-200-million?source=breakingnews
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2012/09/12/3371757/real-madrid-would-sell-ronaldo-for-200-million?source=breakingnews

goal.com... might as well have come from the onion.
Share 49ersWebzone