There are 170 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 12/13

Originally posted by NickV:
Robben!

He finally didn't choke! LOL

HAHA!!!... You could tell in the way he celebrated that he was saying some variation of that. Glad for him though.

Well deserved championship for Munich. Can't wait to see how the team changes under Guardiola.
I am heartbroken for dortmund but very happy for bayern they deserve it best team in Europe this year!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erha:
I am heartbroken for dortmund but very happy for bayern they deserve it best team in Europe this year!

Absolutely agree 100%
Barca got their man
http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1459700

I can see a bayern v barca rivalry for the next few years to go along with the Spain and Germany rivalry.

Also saw a rumor that zidane wants real to go after Bale. Ronaldo on the left Bale on the right would be very fun to watch
[ Edited by 49erha on May 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

No arguments from me either. They proved me wrong. Congrats on the win...well deserved.

Barca got their man

I can see a bayern v barca rivalry for the next few years to go along with the Spain and Germany rivalry.

Also saw a rumor that zidane wants real to go after Bale. Ronaldo on the left Bale on the right would be very fun to watch

Messi and Neymar as forwards...O Ma Ma! I can't wait to see that combo. It will take a year for Neymar to adjust, but after that he should take a lot of pressure off Messi. Barca is in great hands offensively for the next few years.

Now, give me Silva or Hummels and a good young goalie.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Messi's ego is too big. As well as Neymars. I got the feeling that this relationship will not end well.

Barça need a defender not another forward.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

No arguments from me either. They proved me wrong. Congrats on the win...well deserved.

Barca got their man

Messi and Neymar as forwards...O Ma Ma! I can't wait to see that combo. It will take a year for Neymar to adjust, but after that he should take a lot of pressure off Messi. Barca is in great hands offensively for the next few years.

Now, give me Silva or Hummels and a good young goalie.

And it did not cost what people were thinking it would. Barca paid 25 million + 2 friendlies against Santos. Silva wants to play for Barca, Si hopefully it happens.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Messi's ego is too big. As well as Neymars. I got the feeling that this relationship will not end well.

Barça need a defender not another forward.

What?!? Sorry, but that's just not true. I live and breathe Barca...that's crazy talk.

As far as Neymar is considered, I don't know yet but we will find out. Some newspaper reports have suggested that he is immature. He's 21 and was handed reigns of a club when he was 18. Watching him come to Messi for his shirt after a game shows me enough humility. He will be surrounded by some of greatest players on the planet...so, we will find out a lot about him very soon.

Barca needed someone to take pressure off of Messi. They have been too dependent on him for last 2 seasons. Neymar does that and he fits perfectly because he plays on the left and now defenses can't zero in on Messi. Earlier, Barca tried to bring in CF and fit them on the left or right - but what they needed was a play-maker next to Messi, not just a finisher.

Defender will come...I've no doubt about that considering Barca didn't need to give a lot of money for Neymar. Great start to the summer. This is an ideal fit. I hope Dani is sent somewhere and we bring in a top CB next to Pique.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerAce:
And it did not cost what people were thinking it would. Barca paid 25 million + 2 friendlies against Santos. Silva wants to play for Barca, Si hopefully it happens.

The deal was great. Real offered more to Santos and to Neymar...but he picked Barca. I really hope Sanchez stays. He is playing very well now and much of the focus of defense will be on Messi and Neymar next year - he can truly use his speed and excel at Camp Nou.

I'd love to get Silva on the team. Hummels will be great too. Villa will be sent to EPL and wouldn't shock me if Dani is sent packing somewhere too (time for Montoya to start). Rumors are deal with Reina is close and Barca is going hard after Stegen as well.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM ]

Apparently Falcao already has one foot in Monaco to join newly signed Joao Mouthino and James Rodriguez from Porto.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Nice goal by Alexis. Really hoping he stays this summer. He is finally starting to figure out Barca's attack.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Apparently Falcao already has one foot in Monaco to join newly signed Joao Mouthino and James Rodriguez from Porto.

Falcao going to Monaco will be great for Barca. I've been nervous about him going to Real. Among my favorite players too...would hate to see him playing for Real.

Falcao going to Monaco will be great for Barca. I've been nervous about him going to Real. Among my favorite players too...would hate to see him playing for Real.

I'd prefer Cavani and Bale
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

I'd prefer Cavani and Bale

Speed of Bale worries me, but he is another highly inconsistent player. I don't think wingers are the problem for Madrid. They need to upgrade their forward, and I'll take Falcao over Cavani every day and twice on game day.
Share 49ersWebzone