There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 12/13

s**tty copa del rey final! Mourinho gtfo. Hopefully a new manager can inject some life into this team cause this a*****e sucked it all out.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,884
Originally posted by 49erha:
s**tty copa del rey final! Mourinho gtfo. Hopefully a new manager can inject some life into this team cause this a*****e sucked it all out.

Will Ronaldo stay? That will be the key.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
...would love (absolutely love) to have Neymar come to Barca - but if he chooses another club..that's fine too. lol @ crying. Barca made 6 straight CL semis (first club to achieve that)...and won La Liga against a pretty damn good Real Madrid team. I think Barca will do fine without a player they never had.

I want a top CB in the summer. Anything else will be like Christmas.

according to sport.es, Barca should finish the dealings with Santos for Neymar any moment now. which probably means it will take another week or two.

they're also saying that Tito really wants Thiago Silva and Silva really wants to go to Barca. Also, the keeper most likely to replace Valdes goes by the name Ter Stergen. A young keeper who everyone thinks weigh be great from one of the German teams.
Originally posted by NinerAce:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
...would love (absolutely love) to have Neymar come to Barca - but if he chooses another club..that's fine too. lol @ crying. Barca made 6 straight CL semis (first club to achieve that)...and won La Liga against a pretty damn good Real Madrid team. I think Barca will do fine without a player they never had.

I want a top CB in the summer. Anything else will be like Christmas.

according to sport.es, Barca should finish the dealings with Santos for Neymar any moment now. which probably means it will take another week or two.

they're also saying that Tito really wants Thiago Silva and Silva really wants to go to Barca. Also, the keeper most likely to replace Valdes goes by the name Ter Stergen. A young keeper who everyone thinks weigh be great from one of the German teams.

All the reports I have seen have said that nothing will happen with neymar til after the confederation cup.

Ter stegen plays for burrisa mochangladbach he is only 20 years old. He is a beast! He would be the national gk if Neur wasn't so great.

I think Cristiano will stay. Where will he go psg? Manu? Doubt it he is on the biggest team in the world already. He can be a bit of a drama queen but he will stay.

IMO best thing real can go is hire or rehire jupp heynkes
Originally posted by 49erha:
Originally posted by NinerAce:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
...would love (absolutely love) to have Neymar come to Barca - but if he chooses another club..that's fine too. lol @ crying. Barca made 6 straight CL semis (first club to achieve that)...and won La Liga against a pretty damn good Real Madrid team. I think Barca will do fine without a player they never had.
I
I want a top CB in the summer. Anything else will be like Christmas.

according to sport.es, Barca should finish the dealings with Santos for Neymar any moment now. which probably means it will take another week or two.

they're also saying that Tito really wants Thiago Silva and Silva really wants to go to Barca. Also, the keeper most likely to replace Valdes goes by the name Ter Stergen. A young keeper who everyone thinks weigh be great from one of the German teams.

All the reports I have seen have said that nothing will happen with neymar til after the confederation cup.

Ter stegen plays for burrisa mochangladbach he is only 20 years old. He is a beast! He would be the national gk if Neur wasn't so great.

I think Cristiano will stay. Where will he go psg? Manu? Doubt it he is on the biggest team in the world already. He can be a bit of a drama queen but he will stay.

IMO best thing real can go is hire or rehire jupp heynkes

I always read sport.es which is the website of a Barcelona newspaper. They are, very pro barca. According to them, Barca reps are in Brazil speaking with Santos reps. They will probably reach an agreement but not announce it till after the confederations cup.

the same website says that PSG wants Cristiano and Madrid wants their coach Ancelloti to replace Mou. I don't think Cristiano leaves.

Crazy times right now with all the rumors. Lots of rumors going around about David Villa, Aexis Sanchez, Rooney, Higuain.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,884
Originally posted by NinerAce:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
...would love (absolutely love) to have Neymar come to Barca - but if he chooses another club..that's fine too. lol @ crying. Barca made 6 straight CL semis (first club to achieve that)...and won La Liga against a pretty damn good Real Madrid team. I think Barca will do fine without a player they never had.

I want a top CB in the summer. Anything else will be like Christmas.

according to sport.es, Barca should finish the dealings with Santos for Neymar any moment now. which probably means it will take another week or two.

they're also saying that Tito really wants Thiago Silva and Silva really wants to go to Barca. Also, the keeper most likely to replace Valdes goes by the name Ter Stergen. A young keeper who everyone thinks weigh be great from one of the German teams.

Yea, read that as well and also Santos current VP (not ex employee) said that Neymar told them that he prefers Barca over everyone. Nothing is done till it's done. Hope Barca closes it, but I'd love to get Silva or Hummels more than anyone else. Yes, I also heard about that young goalie and he has good control and can pass the ball (essential for Barca goalie).

Villa is pretty much gone IMO and if Neymar joins - it's pointless to have both Pedro and Alexis on the team. I'd like to keep Alexis one more season because it seems like he is starting to figure it out and you can't expect Neymar to come in and play well.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Yea, read that as well and also Santos current VP (not ex employee) said that Neymar told them that he prefers Barca over everyone. Nothing is done till it's done. Hope Barca closes it, but I'd love to get Silva or Hummels more than anyone else. Yes, I also heard about that young goalie and he has good control and can pass the ball (essential for Barca goalie).

Villa is pretty much gone IMO and if Neymar joins - it's pointless to have both Pedro and Alexis on the team. I'd like to keep Alexis one more season because it seems like he is starting to figure it out and you can't expect Neymar to come in and play well.

I agree about Villa. Alexis is 50/50 on staying. IMO, the forwards next season should be Messi, Pedro, Tello, Alexis, Neymar, and Deloufeu. Neymar a.d Deloufeu will need time to acclimate to the rigors the team faces.

Read that Barca leadership likes Hummels, but think that he struggles on quick 1 on 1 counterattacks. And we know that's the way to attack barca.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560
ONLY IN PORTUGAL CAN YOU TRIP OVER YOURSELF AND GET REWARDED WITH A PENALTY AND HAVE A DEFENDER NEAR BY SENT OFF!



f**k PORTO AND f**k YOU PORTUGUESE REFS. TAKE THAT TITLE AND SHOVE IT!
[ Edited by NickV on May 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM ]
Originally posted by NickV:
ONLY IN PORTUGAL CAN YOU TRIP OVER YOURSELF AND GET REWARDED WITH A PENALTY AND HAVE A DEFENDER NEAR BY SENT OFF!



f**k PORTO AND f**k YOU PORTUGUESE REFS. TAKE THAT TITLE AND SHOVE IT!

  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,884
Originally posted by NickV:
ONLY IN PORTUGAL CAN YOU TRIP OVER YOURSELF AND GET REWARDED WITH A PENALTY AND HAVE A DEFENDER NEAR BY SENT OFF!



f**k PORTO AND f**k YOU PORTUGUESE REFS. TAKE THAT TITLE AND SHOVE IT!

Actually that gif is not conclusive. It looks like there may have been some contact on the back foot which may led to the trip. Still, doubt the referee can see that during live action.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,884
Mourinho shown the door in Madrid. Can't say it was a surprise. I thought he will be done after 2 years but last year's La Liga title saved him. It's funny, Madrid press praised him for 2 years and are now writing articles suggesting that he damaged Real's image. I can't believe it took them 3 years to realize this. This was done in year 1 not now.

Mourinho is a perfect fit for a team like ManCity, but should never be at clubs like Bayern, ManU, Barca, Real Madrid, Milan, Juve etc. Those clubs command respect because they respect others but Mourinho is one of those coaches who wants to win at all costs even if he has to cross all boundaries.

Good for Real Madrid for firing him.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Actually that gif is not conclusive. It looks like there may have been some contact on the back foot which may led to the trip. Still, doubt the referee can see that during live action.

definitely looks like there was contact in that gif on the heel. haha.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:


Home Kit:
Away Kit: /
Alternate Kit: /

Liverpool seems more and more midtable every year. lol. now their uniforms too.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,370
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell

MLS announces MAN CITY and the Yankees have teamed up to buy the league's 20th club.











Manchester United vs. Chelsea
[ Edited by jrg on May 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM ]