Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 12/13

So Sir Alex finally to step down after 27 years

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22447018
Originally posted by redrose49er:
So Sir Alex finally to step down after 27 years

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22447018

Lot of respect for Sir Alex as a coach. Plays fair and respects the game of football.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Game of the century in Portugal today. 2 games left and Benfica leads Porto by 2 points. They play one another today.

I will be having heart attacks 4 hours from now. Lol
on that Wigan goal call, was the Brit laughing at the fox sports guy or just happy for the Wiggers?

''BEN WRRATSHEAAHHN!''
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Im gonna go jump off a bridge.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
on that Wigan goal call, was the Brit laughing at the fox sports guy or just happy for the Wiggers?

''BEN WRRATSHEAAHHN!''

That was Gus Johnson! As in THEE Gus Johnson!
Gus Johnson is awesome. I liked him in madden and boxing events

Really? He's been pretty subpar. Thankfully I'm flying into Berlin days before the Final so I won't be forced to watch it with Gus Johnson announcing....what a joke Fox.

Even though he attended some kind of soccer boot camp, his knowledge is below average
- Benetiz won the 2005 Champions League with Chelsea
- Manchester United won every title but one in the Premier League era
- Hazard and Mata had about 4 different pronunciations of their names

And he adds nothing strategy wise to the telecast. His announcing is a little over the top, exhibiting no calmness which is a staple in United Kingdom play by play. When FSC does the weekly highlights & lowlights, his announcing clearly sticks out like a sore thumb.

Could be worse but could also be better. Hopefully he improves for the World Cup. ESPN has all the good announcers locked up.

Home Kit:
Away Kit: /
Alternate Kit: /
Whoa. Awful. Liverpool needs to bring back Carlsberg

[ Edited by infinite_limit on May 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM ]
Originally posted by infinite_limit:

Really? He's been pretty subpar. Thankfully I'm flying into Berlin days before the Final so I won't be forced to watch it with Gus Johnson announcing....what a joke Fox.

Even though he attended some kind of soccer boot camp, his knowledge is below average
- Benetiz won the 2005 Champions League with Chelsea
- Manchester United won every title but one in the Premier League era
- Hazard and Mata had about 4 different pronunciations of their names

And he adds nothing strategy wise to the telecast. His announcing is a little over the top, exhibiting no calmness which is a staple in United Kingdom play by play. When FSC does the weekly highlights & lowlights, his announcing clearly sticks out like a sore thumb.

Could be worse but could also be better. Hopefully he improves for the World Cup. ESPN has all the good announcers locked up.

meh he is new to soccer but he will learn more. the best american commentator today imo he brings a ton of energy
not sure if anybody saw this but, a former santos officail is claiming that Neymar to bayen is a done deal. I hope so but wont believe it til it happens
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/neymar-bayern-done-deal-claims-112900678--sow.html
[ Edited by 49erha on May 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erha:
not sure if anybody saw this but, a former santos officail is claiming that Neymar to bayen is a done deal. I hope so but wont believe it til it happens
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/neymar-bayern-done-deal-claims-112900678--sow.html

If this is true...

Barthelona fans must be crying!
...would love (absolutely love) to have Neymar come to Barca - but if he chooses another club..that's fine too. lol @ crying. Barca made 6 straight CL semis (first club to achieve that)...and won La Liga against a pretty damn good Real Madrid team. I think Barca will do fine without a player they never had.

I want a top CB in the summer. Anything else will be like Christmas.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
for the love of god end this season already