The Soccer Thread 12/13

• NickV
  • Veteran
Bundesliga 7
La Liga 1
Penalty this could kill it lol!!!
Lewandoski 4 Real Madrid 1
Originally posted by kunged:
I'm hoping for a Dortmund vs Bayern final and I think there is a reasonable chance of it happening.

If you watch the group stages Dortmund were much better than Real and they play great football. In the quarters Malaga set up to defend, and their GK had two great games. If Real attack more Dortmund will get some chances on the break and the pitch will open up. Either way it will be a great game.

Barca struggle against speedy teams, if you can get in behind their defenders and stop them playing so high it becomes harder for them to pin you back. A lot of their game relies on winning the ball back quickly and pressuring you in your own half, which in turn relies on the defensive line playing high up.

With players like Ribery, Robben and Mueller they can't afford to play too high and leave a lot of space in behind the defence, this should open up the pitch and make it harder for them to play the game they want

I have been/am working late the last two nights and have missed both games (got them recorded though). Like to point out my "predictions". Also, can't wait to watch them when I get home haha
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Thank God Real didn't make it to the Finals either. It would have sucked watching them hoist the trophy.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Thank God Real didn't make it to the Finals either. It would have sucked watching them hoist the trophy.

i think bayern would have crushed them anyhow in the final. so, no worries
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Hoje joga o maior do mundo! SLB! SLB! SLB! SLB!

Carrega Benfica!

Bayern 7 - Barcelona 0

Haha. Midget ball is dead. Not a surprise to me at all
By the way. Lewandowski would score 50 goals in La s**tty Liga

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by infinite_limit:
By the way. Lewandowski would score 50 goals in La s**tty Liga

lol @ ppl talkin' s**t after beating Barca once. The midgets of Barca dominated Europe for years...in club football and have dominated the World for 7-8 years now in international football. Bragging about 1 year is comedy.

Congrats to Bayern though. Barca had no chance after 1st leg. Will see you guys next year. It will be a very interesting summer for Barca. Time to bring in fresh faces.

Originally posted by infinite_limit:

Anybody watch the Man U vs Chelsea game yesterday? David Luiz lmao got his fellow Brazilian a red card faking this injury

These teams can't wait to go at it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22417159

Borussia Dortmund ended Bayern Munich's 14-match winning run in the Bundesliga as the warm-up for the Champions League final finished in a fiery 1-1 draw.
Bayern had five players booked and full-back Rafinha sent off, while Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp was caught up in a heated exchange with visiting sporting director Matthias Sammer.
With Bayern already having won the league title and Dortmund guaranteed a Champions League place next season, a low-key encounter had been expected as both teams prepare for the Champions League final on 25 May.
Both teams rested key players for the Wembley showdown - Dortmund, without the injured Mario Gotze, rested the likes of Mats Hummels and Lukasz Piszczek, and Marco Reus only appeared as a late substitute.
Bayern were without Philipp Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Javi Martinez, with Thomas Mueller coming off the bench.

Dortmund went ahead through Kevin Grosskreutz after 11 minutes, only for Mario Gomez to level after 23 minutes.
The first moment of controversy came on the hour when Jerome Boateng was judged to have handled the ball as he tried to block a Nuri Sahin shot, and a penalty was awarded amid angry Bayern protests.
Robert Lewandowski's effort was saved by Manuel Neuer, but the match boiled over again a few minutes later when Rafinha, who had just been booked, elbowed Jakub Blaszczykowski as they tussled for the ball.

That incident prompted an animated discussion on the sidelines between Klopp and former Dortmund player Sammer.
"It's normal for these things to happen," said Klopp. "People were talking about a friendly but once the game gets under way, it's different. It was a tough battle, situations arise, these things happen.
"I told Rafinha that he should stay away from Jakub, Sammer then told me that I should not talk to the players. Then I said that Rafinha poked him in the face."

Bayern are unbeaten in four meetings with Dortmund this season, having beaten them in the Supercup and German Cup, while both Bundesliga meetings have now ended in draws.
"After last week's result [beating Barcelona in the Champions League] it wasn't easy to get back into the swing of things," said Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes.
"It was a very intensive game where neither side gave anything away. Beforehand, people said that it would be a boring match with so many Bayern players missing, but that clearly wasn't the case."
[ Edited by infinite_limit on May 7, 2013 at 10:49 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone