LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 12/13

4-0 without the 2 neglected handballs in the box
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Its gotta be said that Bayern caught barça at the best possible time. Injured Messi and a depleted cb corps.

Bayern took full advantage though and you can't discredit that.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erha:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Okay now I can't say I saw this coming but I have said it all year they are the most complete team in Europe. Barca are a one man team take him out they... Well it's 4-0

Bayern played better and deserved to win but sorry...you don't water the pitch in areas where your opponent is strong and then boast how great you are.

Lol I respect your analysis you do know soccer very well and I really have enjoyed however I can't believe that is what your taking out of this result.

I said Bayern deserved to win...even if it wasn't watered, I don't see how Barca would have won today. But c'mon man - why do you think they watered the middle of the field? Think.

I know they did it on purpose to slow down passes I just don't think it had any effect on the game. It really only showed up for the first 15 min then the pitch it played normal, the center circle for the first 15 min played a little slow not a big deal.

They were showing during half time how watered that was. Refs were using iron pole to make holes in the pitches so water will trickle down. I'm pretty sure they did it because it was going to make a huge impact on the game.
They were showing during half time how watered that was. Refs were using iron pole to make holes in the pitches so water will trickle down. I'm pretty sure they did it because it was going to make a huge impact on the game.

There was an explanation on tv what happened : There is a sprinkler in the middle of the field. They accidently covered it with the champions league logo sign before the game.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stever:

There was an explanation on tv what happened : There is a sprinkler in the middle of the field. They accidently covered it with the champions league logo sign before the game.

Not on the feed I was watching. They also showed how ball was stopping in the middle of the field and how much water was being splashed. This was done intentionally as the outsides were in perfect condition.

Really hope Barca makes the pitch into swimming pool for the wings and keep the middle in perfect condition.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:29 PM ]
Barca Barca Barca! Barc... barc..ba..

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Its gotta be said that Bayern caught barça at the best possible time. Injured Messi and a depleted cb corps.

Barca will be back next year. Neymar and Hummels will be likely targets to take care of dependence on Messi and shore up the CB position.

Barca will be back next year. Neymar and Hummels will be likely targets to take care of dependence on Messi and shore up the CB position.

That certainly won't be cheap.

i don't believe neymar will leave brasil before the world cup, but who knows. dortmund will do everything possible to keep hummels after losing götze. but i don't know if he can leave for a fix amount of €.

Surprised that modric is in for di maria, I think that's a mistake, it moves ozil wide and out of position. Also I would have gone with benzama.
What a start for dortmund!!! Lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
That certainly won't be cheap.

Yea, Neymar and Hummels will be expensive, but Barca got the money and they both want to play for Barca.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:

i don't believe neymar will leave brasil before the world cup, but who knows. dortmund will do everything possible to keep hummels after losing götze. but i don't know if he can leave for a fix amount of €.

You may be right about Neymar, but I think he is fed up with all the criticism back home. There has been talk about leaving now.
Awesome goal by lewandoski hattrick and now an all German final is a real real possibility
Share 49ersWebzone