There are 159 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 12/13

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Since, we're posting videos from the WC...this is the latest WC and it didn't get a red card. This was Nigel (well known as a dirty player) kicking Alonso in the chest. This was several times more dangerous than anything Nani did.

Red card to Nani was a horrible decision. It was not his intention to tackle/challenge/kick. He was trying to bring the ball down. I can't stand ManU and I don't like arguing for them - but it was a bad decision.

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by KEGster:
They did. Real played a great first leg and was so-so in the 2nd leg until the red card.

Red card was a joke...that's hardly a yellow. But, good to see la liga team advance. EPL is super' over-rated.

Barely a yellow? Karate Kicking through the air at defenseless opponents

It was certainty a reckless (and stupid) play by Nani

He's going for the ball. You make it sound like he went out of his way to kick the other guy. He didn't even see him. It's Nani, not Pepe or another guy with a track recorded of playing dirty.

Yea, I've seen that called just a free-kick and not carded. Giving a straight yellow for that is a complete joke. Even commentators and analysts have said the same. It was hardly a yellow card.

So if it was Pepe or Ramos it's definitely a red..

Since, we're posting videos from the WC...this is the latest WC and it didn't get a red card. This was Nigel (well known as a dirty player) kicking Alonso in the chest. This was several times more dangerous than anything Nani did.

Red card to Nani was a horrible decision. It was not his intention to tackle/challenge/kick. He was trying to bring the ball down. I can't stand ManU and I don't like arguing for them - but it was a bad decision.

<div class="video youtube-zzWbW9yKIAA"><object width="500" height="304" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/zzWbW9yKIAA&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zzWbW9yKIAA&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /></object>
</div>

It was the right decision, just because it's not called consistently, doesn't mean it shouldn't be called now.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
They did. Real played a great first leg and was so-so in the 2nd leg until the red card.

Red card was a joke...that's hardly a yellow. But, good to see la liga team advance. EPL is super' over-rated.

Barely a yellow? Karate Kicking through the air at defenseless opponents

It was certainty a reckless (and stupid) play by Nani

He's going for the ball. You make it sound like he went out of his way to kick the other guy. He didn't even see him. It's Nani, not Pepe or another guy with a track recorded of playing dirty.

Yea, I've seen that called just a free-kick and not carded. Giving a straight yellow for that is a complete joke. Even commentators and analysts have said the same. It was hardly a yellow card.

So if it was Pepe or Ramos it's definitely a red..

I didn't say that. No, it's not a red card - but then one could understand that ref decided to give a red due to their history. Yes, history matters.

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
It was the right decision, just because it's not called consistently, doesn't mean it shouldn't be called now.

That is not given a red-card majority of the times not some of the times. Mourinho said Nani's Red changed the game and they were extremely lucky that it happened. That's enough for me. I'm done on this subject.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Let's go Barcaaaaaaaaaa!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Messi scores in the 5th MINUTE!!!

WHAT A GOAL....!!! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Messiiiiii Scores Again!!!!! GAME f**kING ONNNN!!!!

f**kkkk Yea!!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Villaaaa scoresssss!!!

3-0

Wow I am shocked that they have came back

• 4ML
  • Veteran
4-0

Game Set Match

...and everyone can shut up about how Barca's dominance is over...!

How did Milan not even score once? EVERYONE scores atleast 1 on Barca
Watching the replay now

Very poor defense for AC MIlan on the Messi goals.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Watching the replay now

Very poor defense for AC MIlan on the Messi goals.

...and EPL is the best league in Europe lol

You over reacted to couple of losses by Barca and rather than giving them credit youre giving "excuses"

Eat your crow and move on.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
How did Milan not even score once? EVERYONE scores atleast 1 on Barca

You've to have the ball to score. They got one chance in 90 minutes and that hit the woodwork.
Share 49ersWebzone