There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Floyd Mayweather #1 Paid Athlete of 2012 (Forbes)

• Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Thats cool that only 2 boxers make bank. But what about #3-10......?

#24 W. Klitschko 28M
#75 M. Cotto 19M

list stops at 16.9M.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Amir:
Usually, a boxing thread has a influx of people talking bad about the sport and how it's dead and no one watches it. Yet, those same people are nowhere to be found in this thread. If this doesn't prove why we get so upset and how much trolling is done, then I don't know what does.

........because they don't care how much Floyd makes?

If this thread is a Boxing vs MMA thread in disguise....... then the salaries of the two sports have been discussed in circles.....

this thread has nothing to do with ufc. its to show that boxing is not dead nor dying nor will it ever.
Usually, a boxing thread has a influx of people talking bad about the sport and how it's dead and no one watches it. Yet, those same people are nowhere to be found in this thread. If this doesn't prove why we get so upset and how much trolling is done, then I don't know what does.

If this thread is a Boxing vs MMA thread in disguise....... then the salaries of the two sports have been discussed in circles.....

this thread has nothing to do with ufc. its to show that boxing is not dead nor dying nor will it ever.

I agree on that.
I still think its insane that for 17 years (2001-2017), Alex Rodriguez is making $85,000 per day, 365 days a year. And thats only including his baseball salary. If you include endorsements, its probably over $100,000 per day. Every day for 17 straight years...
Danny Garcia just made $20 million for KO'ing Amir Khan

I'm curious as to why you seem to want to defend boxing. I get comments from Rugby friends about how NFL is a weak game, it doesn't bother me a bit..
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I'm curious as to why you seem to want to defend boxing. I get comments from Rugby friends about how NFL is a weak game, it doesn't bother me a bit..

It's more being irritated than anything else. Everyone comes out and talks s**t about boxing whenever there's a big fight. I don't care if people like or watch boxing. I'm not trying to make anyone a boxing fan, especially on a 49ers board. It just sucks to have 80% of comments on fight not talking negative about the sport rather than the fight itself.

Imagine you being a golf fan and no one pays attention all year and then during every major, people come out of nowhere and start ragging on the sport. That's what it's like with big fights EVERY SINGLE TIME.
It's more being irritated than anything else. Everyone comes out and talks s**t about boxing whenever there's a big fight. I don't care if people like or watch boxing. I'm not trying to make anyone a boxing fan, especially on a 49ers board. It just sucks to have 80% of comments on fight not talking negative about the sport rather than the fight itself.

Imagine you being a golf fan and no one pays attention all year and then during every major, people come out of nowhere and start ragging on the sport. That's what it's like with big fights EVERY SINGLE TIME.

F*ck everyone else. Enjoy your fights bro.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

i love you

i love you

I know. But I made myself perfectly clear about that already.

This.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

yeah I guess I can understand how it can get annoying on a message board.
Dee MMA is in a decline , chicos.

that n***a mayweather better pay up on his bet. The wolverines got KILLED by 'Bama