There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Floyd Mayweather #1 Paid Athlete of 2012 (Forbes)

• Amir
  • Veteran
Hmmm...guess who was the top 2?

Forbes Magazine announced that their annual list of top paid athletes is headed by two boxers, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao at #1 and #2 respectively.

The top five were:
1. Floyd Mayweather, $85 million
2. Manny Pacquiao, $62 million
3. Tiger Woods, $59.4 million
4. LeBron James, $53 million .
5. Roger Federer, $52.7 million

Note: Floyd has ZERO endorsements 2-4 are all sponsored by Nike and other sponsors.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/money-mayweather-tops-forbes-list-of-highest-paid-athletes/2012/06/18/gJQArVbRmV_story.html
[ Edited by Amir on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:46 AM ]
DRAFT TIME
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
DRAFT TIME

• Amir
  • Veteran
bump
Is this list accurate or should Pacman be ahead of him?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

It's accurate. Uncle Bob gets a big cut of Pacman's earnings.
And who is most likely to go bankrupt?
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
And who is most likely to go bankrupt?

If he fights two times again next year, he'll exceed 100M. If those fights are with Manny, he could make 150M+. If he goes broke after that, then I have no sympathy for him.
Originally posted by Amir:
If he fights two times again next year, he'll exceed 100M. If those fights are with Manny, he could make 150M+. If he goes broke after that, then I have no sympathy for him.

Him and Manny could easily have a trilogy and people would WATCH and they would make bank
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

this

Mayweather maximizes his earnings by also acting as his own fight promoter through his company Mayweather Promotions. He collects all of the revenue from tickets, pay-per-view and sponsorships and covers the costs, including the purse for his opponent. His take home per fight is typically at least 50% higher than what his rival Manny Pacquiao earns.
Lol Amir trying to prove a point.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Swiss tennis star Roger Federer was fifth at $52.7 million followed by NBA star Kobe Bryant at $52.3 million, U.S. golfer Phil Mickelson at $47.8 million, English soccer star David Beckham of the Los Angeles Galaxy at $46 million and Portuguese soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo at $42.5 million.

The NFL boasts 30 players on the list, topped by No. 10 Peyton Manning, the former Indianapolis Colts star who was cut in March before signing with the Denver Broncos.

Manning's $42.4 million ranks 10th overall and he continues to be the top endorsement pitchman among gridiron stars.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

point was always proven but people wanted numbers to believe it.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

point was always proven but people wanted numbers to believe it.

I'm just saying I'd rather be a tennis player or basketball/football player then to earn my living by getting my ass kicked
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

this

Mayweather maximizes his earnings by also acting as his own fight promoter through his company Mayweather Promotions. He collects all of the revenue from tickets, pay-per-view and sponsorships and covers the costs, including the purse for his opponent. His take home per fight is typically at least 50% higher than what his rival Manny Pacquiao earns.

Pretty smart buy him. and greedy
I dont see why other boxers don't do that.
Still cant stand the guy, lol