LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Le Tour 2012

I really like this race. But something about this years addition seems hard to get into. The top 2 riders aren't even in it. I'm looking forward to the final stages though as that is when moves are made. And the final Paris stage is always spectacular. Because the city is so amazing.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I really like this race. But something about this years addition seems hard to get into. The top 2 riders aren't even in it. I'm looking forward to the final stages though as that is when moves are made. And the final Paris stage is always spectacular. Because the city is so amazing.

I agree. Maybe they needed more uphill finishes to keep my attention. I also like watching the team time trial when they have one. Looks like Wiggins has it in the bag already.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

I agree. Maybe they needed more uphill finishes to keep my attention. I also like watching the team time trial when they have one. Looks like Wiggins has it in the bag already.

Well it's just the top riders being out. And 3 pages in this thread tells you there is less interest than previous years.

Well it's just the top riders being out. And 3 pages in this thread tells you there is less interest than previous years.

It is hard to watch this year because Wiggins wrapped it up in the ITT. There hasn't been that much seperation that early in YEARS. The Polka Dot Jersey was won last week and the Green and White have been no contest since day 10. Or so it seems.

I don't think that there is less interest, just that Sky appear to have completely dominated so far, Yellow jersey since stage 7, wins for Cav, Froome and
Wiggins. The next couple of days could be magical for British cycling fans, hoping to see Wiggings wrap up the win today in the TT and then the whole Sky team to lead out Cavendish for his fourth straight stage win in Paris. And then there are the Olympics........
Amazing for Great Britian. #1 and #2. Plus the best sprinter I've ever seen. He never loses in Paris on the last day. Incredible.
Amazing for Great Britian. #1 and #2. Plus the best sprinter I've ever seen. He never loses in Paris on the last day. Incredible.

Loved it, watched it all day yesterday, halcyon days indeed!
Originally posted by redrose49er:

Loved it, watched it all day yesterday, halcyon days indeed!

I was glad for Wiggins. He deserved a win. Never heard much about this #2 guy until this year. But he seems to have a good future.

Cavendish is unbelievable. Maybe the best sprinter of all time. We are watching something I've never seen before. I don't even know who to compare him to? He wins every time he wants to in important stage wins.
I was glad for Wiggins. He deserved a win. Never heard much about this #2 guy until this year. But he seems to have a good future.

Cavendish is unbelievable. Maybe the best sprinter of all time. We are watching something I've never seen before. I don't even know who to compare him to? He wins every time he wants to in important stage wins.

Froome, could have won La Vuelta last year but supported Wiggo, just announced he will try again this year but will be up against a returning Contador.

Cavendish is simply an animal, rumours he may want out of Sky to focus more on stage wins.
Originally posted by redrose49er:

Froome, could have won La Vuelta last year but supported Wiggo, just announced he will try again this year but will be up against a returning Contador.

Cavendish is simply an animal, rumours he may want out of Sky to focus more on stage wins.

Next year is a lot different. Cantador is back. So is Andy Schleck. Totally different race. It will be much harder for anybody to win next year. This year was kind of wide open to win.

Cavendish should go with whoever will allow him to win the most stages. He's one of the best riders I've ever seen at sprinting. And he shouldn't be held back to achieve less than he is capable of. I thought when they were way back on the last km or 2 on Champs Elysees they couldn't make up the ground. But they did and he won again.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 23, 2012 at 4:19 AM ]

Next year is a lot different. Contador is back. So is Andy Schleck. Totally different race. It will be much harder for anybody to win next year. This year was kind of wide open to win.

Cavendish should go with whoever will allow him to win the most stages. He's one of the best riders I've ever seen at sprinting. And he shouldn't be held back to achieve less than he is capable of. I thought when they were way back on the last km or 2 on Champs Elysees they couldn't make up the ground. But they did and he won again.

Unless Schleck significantly improves his time trialing ability, he won't be much more than a potential podium contender.
I love the tdf. Such a fun event. Really enjoyed the Wiggins domination. Although Frume will be hard to beat next year.
Next year is a lot different. Contador is back. So is Andy Schleck. Totally different race. It will be much harder for anybody to win next year. This year was kind of wide open to win.

Unless Schleck significantly improves his time trialing ability, he won't be much more than a potential podium contender.

He already won 1 since Cantador was disqualified one year. So Andy Schleck technically speaking has 1 yellow jersey and one Tour De France win. He has several other podium finishes. So he's definitely a contendor.
He already won 1 since Cantador was disqualified one year. So Andy Schleck technically speaking has 1 yellow jersey and one Tour De France win. He has several other podium finishes. So he's definitely a contendor.

Pretty much everyone is doping. The only difference is some get caught, some don't.
Originally posted by buttsecks:
Pretty much everyone is doping. The only difference is some get caught, some don't.

No, I totally disagree, the dopers tend to get caught, the clean riders don't
Share 49ersWebzone