LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

***UEFA EURO 2012*** SPAIN BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!

Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Balotelli really could be the young piece the Italians desperately need on offense. He is so very talented, but volatile at the same time.

The goal he scored today was tremendous, but did anyone else see Bonucci run up to Balotelli and cover his mouth and whisper in his ear after the goal. I have to imagine it was something along the lines of: "just be quiet, you'll be lauded as a group round hero if you just don't cause a stir." After that Balotelli walked away quietly celebrating with his teammates.

NOW, if your Spain and Italy, who are you rooting to face? England or France? Two outstanding quarterfinal matchups coming either way.

I promise you, the Italians want France... BAD. More than "the Sox" would want to face the Yankees.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
I promise you, the Italians want France... BAD. More than "the Sox" would want to face the Yankees.

I don't know that the Sox would want to face the yankees. Beat them if they did face them? Definitely. But choosing that matchup? I duno about that one.

I'm not talking about in terms of rivalry, I'm talking about favorable matchups. France seems pretty dangerous right now. I'm not sure their who I'd want.

I don't know that the Sox would want to face the yankees. Beat them if they did face them? Definitely. But choosing that matchup? I duno about that one.

I'm not talking about in terms of rivalry, I'm talking about favorable matchups. France seems pretty dangerous right now. I'm not sure their who I'd want.

I hear you, but even if the French pose more of a problem, the Italian mentality is still to be the ones to serve them up a slice of defeat. I've been in Italy when they've played WC games, and they hate France more than 9er fans hate the Cowboys, Cardinals, Raiders, Seahawks, Lambs and Kyle Williams combined.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
England is the easier match up on paper due to their current form. Although they could be a TOTALLY different side if they start both Walcott and Rooney at the same time.

Hart

Johnson-Terry-Lescott-Cole

Walcott-Gerrard-Parker-Young

Carrol/Welbeck - Rooney

Milner is a good player but doesnt proved that "fear factor" like Theo can. Andy Carrol is more of a threat in the air and is more of a physical presence but Rooney would have better chemisty with Welbeck since they are teammates at Man U.

I can't see Walcott starting though since he has performed really well as a "super sub"

The real Italy hasn't shown up yet IMO. They played an ok game against Spain, tried to close up shop too quickly against Croatia and had their way with lowly Ireland.

They would have to be better than they were regardless if they meet England or France in the next round.
[ Edited by NickV on Jun 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM ]
I hope Balotelli starts for Italy in their next game. He really brings a more threatening attack for the Azzurri. Put Cassano on a wing and De Rossi at CM.

They need Chiellini to come back too.
Swedish ladies, Croatian babes... Euro hoes is
I hope Balotelli starts for Italy in their next game. He really brings a more threatening attack for the Azzurri. Put Cassano on a wing and De Rossi at CM.

They need Chiellini to come back too.

Balotelli has to start, IMO, but then I wonder what he'd be like subbing-in around the 55th to 60th minute... kinda' like Di Natale vs Spain, but with way more aggression and speed vs a fatiguing opponent.

As for Chiellini it's not looking good:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/19/euro-2012-chiellini-doubt-italy

We will find out shortly who we will play between France, England or Ukraine.
I need Sweden to come thru so I have a chance to win $800.. keep the dream alive, Zlatan!!!
Balotelli has to start, IMO, but then I wonder what he'd be like subbing-in around the 55th to 60th minute... kinda' like Di Natale vs Spain, but with way more aggression and speed vs a fatiguing opponent.

As for Chiellini it's not looking good:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/19/euro-2012-chiellini-doubt-italy

We will find out shortly who we will play between France, England or Ukraine.

Balotelli came on late against Ireland. Imo, that can't be the case because we need to be threatening all game long. I'd start him.

Without Chiellini were in deep s**t either way though.
Balotelli came on late against Ireland. Imo, that can't be the case because we need to be threatening all game long. I'd start him.

Without Chiellini were in deep s**t either way though.

Duh Me = Brain fart.

So, why was he subbed-out twice when starting? My best guess would be the 1st-game yellow card / protecting him from himself & a 1-game suspension, huh? Because I agree, I'd love him to be a threat... for ALL 90 min.

I want France!!

Amazing finish by the Swede. Bravo.
Duh Me = Brain fart.

So, why was he subbed-out twice when starting? My best guess would be the 1st-game yellow card / protecting him from himself & a 1-game suspension, huh? Because I agree, I'd love him to be a threat... for ALL 90 min.

I want France!!

He actually had an AMAZING chance against Spain. Should have been a sure fire score on a break away, but he didn't pull the trigger and Prandelli thought it might be getting in his dead. Di Natale came on and did the job.

He's been a consistent threat when he's been on imo. Just gotta keep his head screwed on straight.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
lol...get a goal-line technology already
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
lol...get a goal-line technology already

Watching the other game, what happened?
Please tell me there's a better online feed than FirstRowSports.

Anyone?
Share 49ersWebzone