LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Manny Paki-Ow vs Tim Bradley (MGM Grand June 9th HBO PPV)

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
another reason I think that this bogus decision was good for boxing is

because Manny will now seek out to knock fools out instead of playing and sparring ala Ployd.

Will he ever address the roid factor or continue his circus
2 fighters at the top of the world and only one will advocate fair testing? Draw your own conclusion.
I just have to laugh. Another nail in the coffin of a once great sport. Its such a shame but it just keeps happening over and over again.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
2 fighters at the top of the world and only one will advocate fair testing? Draw your own conclusion.

Wait, what? Are you saying that the rules/testing that every single boxer currently fights under aren't fair?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

Wait, what? Are you saying that the rules/testing that every single boxer currently fights under aren't fair?

Only somebody who loves Mayweather or hates Pacquiao, or both, would bring up this dumb sh*t. Pacquiao goes through the same testing as every other boxer.

Mayweather has been ducking since day one, and that isn't going to end. That fight never happens.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Only somebody who loves Mayweather or hates Pacquiao, or both, would bring up this dumb sh*t. Pacquiao goes through the same testing as every other boxer.

Mayweather has been ducking since day one, and that isn't going to end. That fight never happens.

Wrong.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
@ sportsfan

I think bradley himself wasnt sure if he won or lost, like i said no fighter did anything for me to say "Yea that guy definitely whooped the other fighters ass or even put on a clinic" Notice bradleys corner though they were happy with what he was giving them, his trainer Joel Diaz at one point says "Champ give me 5 more of these" Clearly whatever Bradley had done in the first 7 rounds impressed him enough to make him think 5 more of these and we have a legit shot of winning. Also i never saw his corner panic, never was bradley told you better start swinging for the fences because in our cards you're down 5 rounds. They stuck to their game plan and it payed off.
Dude even mayweather sr. thinks manny won the fight. One of the guys that truly hates pacquiao thinks he won.

That's because he did win. Notice how everyone defending the decision is clearly reaching with their excuses? Either that or they're straight up making things up. LOL @ thinking nobody clearly won the fight. Come on. You have to want to feel that way, because there's no way you come to that conclusion from an unbiased position.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Wrong.

Proof?

Oh, and I'm not talking about the extra hoops the few fighters who have fought Mayweather had to go through since Floyd came up with his excuse to not fight Pacquiao. I'm talking about everyone else who fights anyone not named Floyd Mayweather Jr.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jun 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM ]

Wrong.

how is that wrong ... every boxer is tested for the exact same banned substances right or am i wrong ?

This is why i stopped liking floyd because he was demanding Olympic drug testing ... i always felt that, pac and floyd are being tested for the exact same banned substances bared from boxing under the current rules and if pac and floyd are passing those drug test, that means that anything that pac is taking is legal and floyd can take the same, so how is that cheating and why not fight, my only conclusion was that he's scared and dodging

then floyd called him out and pac started dodging floyd ... as a fan its frustrating because i just wanna see the best scraps and i lost respect for both over this whole ordeal
Proof?

Oh, and I'm not talking about the extra hoops the few fighters who have fought Mayweather had to go through since Floyd came up with his excuse to not fight Pacquiao. I'm talking about everyone else who fights anyone not named Floyd Mayweather Jr.

If you follow boxing, two major fights have fallen thru in the last few months because of positive tests. Many boxers have voluntarily adopted this test to clean up the sport. The NVSAC and CSAC don't have such rigurous testing and thus there have been problems with positive tests but only after fights. Some times in big fights they don't even tests after wards. Here is part of an article written about it.

Boxer Andre "The Beast" Berto tested positive for metabolites of the anabolic steroid nandrolone in an anti-doping test administered by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA). The former WBC welterweight champion was scheduled to meet Victor Ortiz in a rematch to regain the welterweight title on June 23, 2012 in Los Angeles. However, Berto voluntarily agreed to random steroid testing by VADA before the fight. And VADA detected norandosterone in both the "A" and "B" urine samples.

The positive steroid test marks the second time this month that VADA has been a spoiler in a highly-anticipated rematch in the sport of boxing. Boxer Lamont Peterson was scheduled to fight in a rematch against Amir Khan with the WBA light welterweight title as the prize. However, Peterson requested random blood and urine testing administered by VADA. A carbon isotope ratio (CIR) test for exogenously-administered (synthetic) testosterone turned up positive in the weeks prior to the May 19, 2012 rematch.

VADA has made quite an impact with its anti-doping program this month. And has generated a lot of ill-will from those in the sport who are suffering financially from the steroid positives announced by VADA.

Proof?

If you follow boxing, two major fights have fallen thru in the last few months because of positive tests. Many boxers have voluntarily adopted this test to clean up the sport. The NVSAC and CSAC don't have such rigurous testing and thus there have been problems with positive tests but only after fights. Some times in big fights they don't even tests after wards. Here is part of an article written about it.

Boxer Andre "The Beast" Berto tested positive for metabolites of the anabolic steroid nandrolone in an anti-doping test administered by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA). The former WBC welterweight champion was scheduled to meet Victor Ortiz in a rematch to regain the welterweight title on June 23, 2012 in Los Angeles. However, Berto voluntarily agreed to random steroid testing by VADA before the fight. And VADA detected norandosterone in both the "A" and "B" urine samples.

The positive steroid test marks the second time this month that VADA has been a spoiler in a highly-anticipated rematch in the sport of boxing. Boxer Lamont Peterson was scheduled to fight in a rematch against Amir Khan with the WBA light welterweight title as the prize. However, Peterson requested random blood and urine testing administered by VADA. A carbon isotope ratio (CIR) test for exogenously-administered (synthetic) testosterone turned up positive in the weeks prior to the May 19, 2012 rematch.

VADA has made quite an impact with its anti-doping program this month. And has generated a lot of ill-will from those in the sport who are suffering financially from the steroid positives announced by VADA.

So these guys requested the enhanced testing and then failed the tests? Either they are retarded or there is a level of error in the tests.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
So these guys requested the enhanced testing and then failed the tests? Either they are retarded or there is a level of error in the tests.

That is what kills me on the Berto fight. He actually pushed for the tests.

When this "voluntary" stuff becomes mandatory, then come back and talk. We have voluntary drug testing at work (for various reasons, which I won't bother getting into). Some people actually take them. I don't. And guess what? I can pass any drug test, any time because I don't do any drugs. So since I don't volunteer, everyone should assume I'd pop? Blah blah blah.

We both know I was talking about the rules set by the Nevada State Athletic Commission regarding testing prior to any fight.
This thread has run it's course, yo!

Bradley and Pac, not everything else (there's the boxing thread for that).

Share 49ersWebzone