LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Manny Paki-Ow vs Tim Bradley (MGM Grand June 9th HBO PPV)

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ersSince85:
theres no proof that nba is fixed and if it was then i wouldnt watch lol so i over look the possibility that it is because i love watching the lakers bro...

your doing the same thing for your love of boxing ...

you couldnt watch the fight tonight and not think that theres a possibility that it was fixed but youll never admit it , Teddy Atlas is on espn saying the sport is corrupt ... there's not a bright future for the sport but you over look it because you love the sport ...plus your just mad cuz your boxing sport just had the worst night in a long long time ... proving my point even further that its going bye bye from the public view ... the sport of boxing is always going to be around but it will just be like ultimate Frisbee ... its around but nobody watches ... except amir

hopefully im wrong, because pac showed why i was once a huge fan before him and PBF started ducking each other but the night was all ruined by the corruption of the sport ...

so you have proof that boxing is fixed? cmon man. i said all along that manny shoula won but that doesn't make it fixed. when you leave it to the judges, anything is possible. See: Manny/Marquez I, II and III.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Dam. I never knew we had so many boxing gurus on here. Next time I need help with one of my fighters I will hire all you fvckers.

i like how everyone is making fun of mug for being a boxing expert, yet all of you are now? how many times you post in this thread before the decision? how many times you post in the boxing thread? exactly. shut the f**k up.

You are hired!

all of sudden there are 2 experts and everyone else here LOL

Yeah. I actually train and prepare fighters. I manage fighters from the wildcard gym and another boxing gym in la. Does not make me an expert and in this sport if you follow it, you always expect the unexpected. The sport has a lot of flaws. We have been on the side of bad desicions and early stoppages. We keep going thou because we can't let sh*t like that dictate who you are as a fighter and as a person. I tell the guys to keep working and have faith that they get better. You have to stay humble in this sport and know when to listen and when to block out the bs. I have been involved with boxing for over 20 years but I am by no means an expert. I still have a lot to learn.

lol this. the last person you wanna question about boxing is demon lol.

im not questioning anyone, YOU are. i think the decision is wack but im not butt hurt about it bc as demon just said, you move on. Im a Pac fan but this is more funny to me than upsetting. I watch my share of boxing and picked up boxing as a work out this last year with some buddies who are into boxing... i try and keep up but the sport is "less desirable' among my list of interests

well maybe i did question some who somewhat defended the decision, actually just mug
I blame Bob Arum.
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
So just because you can justify a bad decision it makes that bad decision better then one in a fight where it is not justifiable. IMO a bad call is a bad call, also Manny should've known he needed to KO Bradley, just winning rounds isn't enough anymore with these screwed up judges. Especially being that some of the same judges that screwed over Marquez where the same judges hired for this fight. Clearly these judges have a unique style of scoring boxing matches that I won't even try to comprehend. In the end I think Manny won but I also think it his fault he lost. He had a lot of opportunities to finish Bradly but he chose to put it in cruise control and take it easy. BIG MISTAKE

If justification exists, one can argue either side. I'm not saying I agree with the Marquez decision, by the way.

In this case, there is no justification.

I agree with everything else you said, though.
theres no proof that nba is fixed and if it was then i wouldnt watch lol so i over look the possibility that it is because i love watching the lakers bro...

you couldnt watch the fight tonight and not think that theres a possibility that it was fixed but youll never admit it , Teddy Atlas is on espn saying the sport is corrupt ... there's not a bright future for the sport but you over look it because you love the sport ...plus your just mad cuz your boxing sport just had the worst night in a long long time ... proving my point even further that its going bye bye from the public view ... the sport of boxing is always going to be around but it will just be like ultimate Frisbee ... its around but nobody watches ... except amir

hopefully im wrong, because pac showed why i was once a huge fan before him and PBF started ducking each other but the night was all ruined by the corruption of the sport ...

so you have proof that boxing is fixed? cmon man. i said all along that manny shoula won but that doesn't make it fixed. when you leave it to the judges, anything is possible. See: Manny/Marquez I, II and III.

since when does possibility mean proof ...
TEAMMONEYMAY

the big problem i see is I have seen questionable fights where the agressor wins even though his numbers are lower but its bc the other guy "runs" away even though he was more accurate and landed more punches.

Pac didnt run and countered and exchanged blows in which he landed some real good straight punches. I was only impressed that Bradley didnt go down, but no way he should have won so many rounds between 3-9 on any score cards. Manny was more accurate, landed more power punches and dictated the tempo of the fight.
85% of the boxing world voted online after the marquez vs pacquao fight saying marquez won
karma?

and anyone knoe where i can see the fight now?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

then i overlook the possibility that this fight or any other boxing match is fixed cuz i love the sport bro.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
I hope manny fans know how it feels to be a marquez fan now.

This.

silky .. what is your opinion on the fight? I know you are a Floyd fan but I also know you have talked boxing before and seem to know your s**t.

It was BS. It's not even worth dissecting in any detail. I'll give you some straight cash homey if you go take care of Bob Arum.

Thanks.

I am a Pac fan so may have been looking through it with rose colored glasses so I respect your opinion as I have seen you talk knowledgeably about boxing before.

I'm a Pac fan too... well I like to see him fight, even if I'm usually rooting against him, but real recognize real. Honestly it's really just his fans that I didn't like hence why I ended up not liking him, kinda like the Warriors. But there's really no doubt that he got robbed.

Dam. I never knew we had so many boxing gurus on here. Next time I need help with one of my fighters I will hire all you fvckers.

i like how everyone is making fun of mug for being a boxing expert, yet all of you are now? how many times you post in this thread before the decision? how many times you post in the boxing thread? exactly. shut the f**k up.

You are hired!

all of sudden there are 2 experts and everyone else here LOL

Yeah. I actually train and prepare fighters. I manage fighters from the wildcard gym and another boxing gym in la. Does not make me an expert and in this sport if you follow it, you always expect the unexpected. The sport has a lot of flaws. We have been on the side of bad desicions and early stoppages. We keep going thou because we can't let sh*t like that dictate who you are as a fighter and as a person. I tell the guys to keep working and have faith that they get better. You have to stay humble in this sport and know when to listen and when to block out the bs. I have been involved with boxing for over 20 years but I am by no means an expert. I still have a lot to learn.

lol this. the last person you wanna question about boxing is demon lol.

im not questioning anyone, YOU are. i think the decision is wack but im not butt hurt about it bc as demon just said, you move on. Im a Pac fan but this is more funny to me than upsetting. I watch my share of boxing and picked up boxing as a work out this last year with some buddies who are into boxing... i try and keep up but the sport is "less desirable' among my list of interests

well maybe i did question some who somewhat defended the decision, actually just mug

I didn't mean to piss everyone off, I was just throwing in what I saw, which was clearly different coming in halfway through.

I used to watch quite a bit of boxing, less so these days, but I was impressed with Bradley almost constantly being the aggressor, particularly in contrast to how I was being told he was losing heavily. As I've continued to say, I expected Manny to win a unanimous decision, but that there is a possibility that the judges weren't paid off and legitimately saw it as a Bradley win if the half of the fight I saw was representative of how the fight was being viewed.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
85% of the boxing world voted online after the marquez vs pacquao fight saying marquez won
karma?

and anyone knoe where i can see the fight now?

Calling bull that 85% of people voted Marquez won. Link or you are lying?

then i overlook the possibility that this fight or any other boxing match is fixed cuz i love the sport bro.

Thats exactly what i said ... lol

Calling bull that 85% of people voted Marquez won. Link or you are lying?

yea because i bet it was more like 95% and the 5% that didn't vote for marquez are bias Manny Pacquiao goupies.
Originally posted by mug0mug:

I didn't mean to piss everyone off, I was just throwing in what I saw, which was clearly different coming in halfway through.

I used to watch quite a bit of boxing, less so these days, but I was impressed with Bradley almost constantly being the aggressor, particularly in contrast to how I was being told he was losing heavily. As I've continued to say, I expected Manny to win a unanimous decision, but that there is a possibility that the judges weren't paid off and legitimately saw it as a Bradley win if the half of the fight I saw was representative of how the fight was being viewed.

its a subjective sport... i know

but Pac did back Bradley up against the ropes at least twice in the second half of the fight. Bradleys manager scored the fight 8-4 for Pac!!!

I just dont remember any clean power punches from Bradley
Share 49ersWebzone