There are 222 users in the forums

Supporting 49ers, but not supporting SFGiants, Sharks, Warriors etc

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by drunk49er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I love reading everyone's reasonings for being lakers fans. It's because you're BANDWAGONERS, quit acting like you aren't

Obviously you didn't read them all.

Read yours, read them all. Still stand by my statement

translation: your team sucks and you're jealous

basically

true.

le derp
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I love reading everyone's reasonings for being lakers fans. It's because you're BANDWAGONERS, quit acting like you aren't

Obviously you didn't read them all.

Read yours, read them all. Still stand by my statement

translation: your team sucks and you're jealous

basically

true.

le derp

I've watched like 5 basketball games in the past 3 years. Hardly a f**k can be given lol
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
no one cares, how's that for respect?

how do you end up rooting for a team from texas and california?

This is what I was looking to get to the bottom of.
For example(s)
If you are from "Randomsville" in the Midwest, how do you then support the 49ers, your "local" hockey team and say the Lakers and the Mets.
If you are living in NY, how come you support the 49ers, the Mets and the Islanders?
If you live in San Francisco, how come you support, let's say, the Braves and the Rangers?

I was into the 49ers before I left SF for NYC....

Wasn't into baseball, basketball, etc. So I adopted the Mets & Knicks before considering the SF Giants & Warriors. I also took a liking to the Jets, but obviously a hatred for the NY Football Giants.

Having said that, clearly would support Giants & Warriors vs. everyone else.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on May 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM ]
I have a completly different twist on how I became a 9ers fan.

I hate goin with the grain and with the crowd.why do I need to support my hometown team??where is the rule that says I have to??there aint one.last I checked,SPORTS IS ENTERTAINMENT.Its not entertaining to watch garbage.

Now im born and raised in Columbus Ohio,home of OSU and I HATE the buckeyes.Thats all anyone here talks about.I love when ANYBODY beats em.The browns are trash and really dispise their fans,really the city of cleaveland sports in general.have always wondered how they put up with garbage year in and year out.No way in hell did I want a part of that.

In the early 80's,the 9ers n raiders were on my radar,but as a kid u rooted for who the adults around you rooted for(the bengals and cowboys).the 9ers whooped the s**t outta the broncos in the SB in 88,I was like wow wtf?!?!?then the comeback in 89 against the bengals,and ive been hooked ever since,even thru the "lost decade".I jus fell in love with a well oiled machine,and how a team committed to excellence was run.

NBA,I like the HEAT,cuz people from cleve hate Lebron,so I pull for him,im glad he stuck it to em.but not really a fan since Jordan retired,80's 90's nba was great.i just watch whoevers entertaining at the time.all other sports are boring and suck to me.

I JUST SWEAR BY THE 9ERS.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on May 9, 2012 at 6:05 AM ]
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

I hate goin with the grain and with the crowd.why do I need to support my hometown team??where is the rule that says I have to??there aint one.last I checked,SPORTS IS ENTERTAINMENT.Its not entertaining to watch garbage.

Now im born and raised in Columbus Ohio,home of OSU and I HATE the buckeyes.Thats all anyone here talks about.I love when ANYBODY beats em.The browns are trash and really dispise their fans,really the city of cleaveland sports in general.have always wondered how they put up with garbage year in and year out.No way in hell did I want a part of that.

In the early 80's,the 9ers n raiders were on my radar,but as a kid u rooted for who the adults around you rooted for(the bengals and cowboys).the 9ers whooped the s**t outta the broncos in the SB in 88,I was like wow wtf?!?!?then the comeback in 89 against the bengals,and ive been hooked ever since,even thru the "lost decade".I jus fell in love with a well oiled machine,and how a team committed to excellence was run.

NBA,I like the HEAT,cuz people from cleve hate Lebron,so I pull for him,im glad he stuck it to em.but not really a fan since Jordan retired,80's 90's nba was great.i just watch whoevers entertaining at the time.all other sports are boring and suck to me.

bro, it sounds more like you just hate where your from....not sure I would blame you.
Originally posted by danimal:
Personally I am not a casual fan. I invest a good amount of emotional and financial energy into my football, baseball and basketball teams. Its not about winning to me. I can stand losing. I can live with losing. What I cannot not accept though is when a Franchise is simply not competing on an organizational level. If a Franchise does not compete in this realm consistently I can't invest in them.

I remain loyal to the Niners because I think Jed York is trying. I almost walked away from the Niners because I KNEW John York was not. Win or lose I believe the Niners as a Franchise are trying to compete, so I will invest and live with the results.

I just refuse to sell my energy so cheap.John Yorks Niners don't deserve me either, but I waited it out because Jed was in the wings

My thoughts exactly.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

bro, it sounds more like you just hate where your from....not sure I would blame you.

Not so much I hate where im from,but dude if you could hear how some of these cavs fans are hear,they get utterly rediculous.the lebron thing,dude you would think he killed somebodies child here in Ohio.Browns fans regardless think their goin to the SB every year.At least Bengal fans have finally had it with their owner.And I wont even start with OSU fans.Tressel did no wrong,they sound like Saints fans,in complete denial.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on May 9, 2012 at 6:42 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone