There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Supporting 49ers, but not supporting SFGiants, Sharks, Warriors etc

Niners, SF Giants, Kings, Cal Bears etc...because its where I'm from. Never understood how you root for a non-local team.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Niners, SF Giants, Kings, Cal Bears etc...because its where I'm from. Never understood how you root for a non-local team.

This, except Warriors for Kings. Isn't part of being a fan having a sense of community? Must suck for you right now living back east, because to me a lot of the fun I have rooting for my teams is being around the other fans either at games/bars, etc.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I am a 49er fan originally from Southern California. I didn't want to be like everyone else in the early 70's and support the Rams. I picked their division rival 49ers as my team. I liked going against the crowd.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Yeah I hate when people pick and choose.

Born and raised in Norcal, lived in Socal for almost the last 10 years and unlike 70% of people I know who did the same thing, I still f**king hate every single Socal team minus the Clippers.

You're not so bad after all...

thanks. In all seriousness I was raised on NorCal teams and will always root for them no matter what.
Originally posted by dcsham:

This, except Warriors for Kings. Isn't part of being a fan having a sense of community? Must suck for you right now living back east, because to me a lot of the fun I have rooting for my teams is being around the other fans either at games/bars, etc.

It does suck. I miss it.

I do understand some dudes liking teams outside there area for weird situations; father was from so and so and liked them took me to the games, or LA fans that like the rams cause they left. But I never understood random fan from some state that likes a team on the other side of the states. I have read military brats say they grew up in that area, or something...and I get that. But I had a kid who worked for me from Arizona who liked green bay. I asked why he wasn't a Arizona fan...he said cause they suck. Never got that.

If you weren't raised to like a team you really have no associating with them. They're just the lousy team that's always on TV.

You pick up favorite players and that ends up being your team. I was big on Malone Stockton, Rice Montana Young, Cal Ripken and those are my teams now.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 22, 2012 at 11:33 AM ]
i use to like the jizz and the bulls because of the great players they had in the 90's. Then the kings got good and stuck with them since. To me, if there's not a team in San Francisco, they are irrelevant IMO.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
i use to like the jizz and the bulls because of the great players they had in the 90's. Then the kings got good and stuck with them since. To me, if there's not a team in San Francisco, they are irrelevant IMO.

Hmmmm so at least as far as basketball goes you are all about the bandwagon.
I was born and raised in Wyoming who has no sports teams what so ever. Well there is the college but they suck ass. Luckily for me the 49ers were always on Fox so that's how I really came to know and like this team. As far as other sports go I played Jr. Jazz in Wyoming seeing how they were only 80 miles away I got to watch them as well and go to a couple games a year. Same goes for the Utes. My grandfather had season ticket's to the Ute's basketball when my father was growing up, and I had the same until Majerus left and the program went to s**t. We switched our tickets to football and have been able to watch the team make it's way into the Pac-12.

Baseball and hockey i am pretty much a bandwagoner. I like the Cards(S.T.L) and Rockies but really usually pick my team to root for during the World Series.
Quite simple, spent the first half of my life on the west coast, central valley. Hence I'm a 49ers and SF Giants fan. Spent the last 12 years on the east coast between NYC, Philly, Orlando and Buffalo. Hate the east coast. Hence I'm a Lakers, and LA Kings fan.
Some interesting stories coming through and a wide range of reasons and it's interesting to hear them, thank you.
this whole thread is a cool story bro

LOL. Please re-read the first sentence.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

LOL. Please re-read the first sentence.

I'm sure he still likes the jizz.
I love reading everyone's reasonings for being lakers fans. It's because you're BANDWAGONERS, quit acting like you aren't
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com