There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mayweather vs Cotto and Canelo vs Mosley (May 5th HBO PPV)

  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,849
PBF just needs a good ass kicking. Just sucks that his only legit challenge is Manny and he's protected by Arum.
Weigh-in right now
Manny Protected by Arum? How about Mayweather is a chicken.
Boxing has been dead for a long time now. Pac-man is the only one keeping it alive and now since Mayweather and him won't fight.......WHO FRIGGIN CARES ABOUT IT.

I was a huge boxing fan........Muhammad Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Norton

Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran

Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield

What is left? What was the last big boxing event that you were really excited about and fulfilled the expectations? It's been a VERY long time.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,849
Mayweather weighs in at 151

Cotto weighs in at 154, super welterweight limit

No surprise there
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,849
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Manny Protected by Arum? How about Mayweather is a chicken.

dude, no one said floyd isn't to blame. but those that follow it know that he's not the only one responsible for this fight not happening

25% floyd
25% manny
50% arum

I understand you're a pac man fan, as am I, but Arum is a big reason for this fight not happening.
Cotto in 6
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,849
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Boxing has been dead for a long time now. Pac-man is the only one keeping it alive and now since Mayweather and him won't fight.......WHO FRIGGIN CARES ABOUT IT.

I was a huge boxing fan........Muhammad Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Norton

Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran

Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield

What is left? What was the last big boxing event that you were really excited about and fulfilled the expectations? It's been a VERY long time.

Bet you said the same thing after Ali/foreman/frazier retired. Oh wait, then came leonard/hagler/duran. then you said the same thing and oh wait, tyson/holyfield came. then you said the same thing and oh wait DLH/Hopkins/Roy Jones/Tito came. Then you said the same thing and oh wait Manny/Floyd came. Point is, someone always comes and becomes the next big thing.

boxing is dead but Floyd is making a guaranteed 32M for this fight and thats without the percentage of PPV buys. Repeat, 32 MILLION for 36 minutes. That's more than ANY OTHER athlete gets for the sport itself. So obviously, money (the currency not floyd) says that boxing is not dead.

oh also, the highest viewed PPV was DLH/Floyd which had more buys than any Tyson fight.
Boxing is dying that is for sure.
LOL, Floyd and Canelo using illegal gloves.

@latimespugmire
Apparently, Mosley trainer Naazim Richardson (no stranger to glove issues) tipped Cotto camp off that the plastic thumb was no good
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Boxing has been dead for a long time now. Pac-man is the only one keeping it alive and now since Mayweather and him won't fight.......WHO FRIGGIN CARES ABOUT IT.

I was a huge boxing fan........Muhammad Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Norton

Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran

Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield

What is left? What was the last big boxing event that you were really excited about and fulfilled the expectations? It's been a VERY long time.


Sergio Martinez is the real champ.
He's adopted the Roy Jones style and KO's everyone he faces.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
LOL, Floyd and Canelo using illegal gloves.

@latimespugmire
Apparently, Mosley trainer Naazim Richardson (no stranger to glove issues) tipped Cotto camp off that the plastic thumb was no good


Floyds' a cheater doe?
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Manny Protected by Arum? How about Mayweather is a chicken.

They have both punked out at one time or another... mayweather used the punk drug test excuse last year and a few months ago mayweather called pac man out and pac man signed a different fight... heres the tweets mayweather tweeted ..

"Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see." - Floyd Mayweather

"My Jail Sentence was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk." - Floyd Mayweather

IMO both have lost my respect and ultimately Fight fans are the losers
Originally posted by 9ersSince85:
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Manny Protected by Arum? How about Mayweather is a chicken.

They have both punked out at one time or another... mayweather used the punk drug test excuse last year and a few months ago mayweather called pac man out and pac man signed a different fight... heres the tweets mayweather tweeted ..

"Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see." - Floyd Mayweather

"My Jail Sentence was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk." - Floyd Mayweather

IMO both have lost my respect and ultimately Fight fans are the losers

f**k floyd. Just cuz his punk ass is going to jail he expects Manny to cave in and bow down to his demands? I hope they pin him down and make him the sally behind bars.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 9ersSince85:
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Manny Protected by Arum? How about Mayweather is a chicken.

They have both punked out at one time or another... mayweather used the punk drug test excuse last year and a few months ago mayweather called pac man out and pac man signed a different fight... heres the tweets mayweather tweeted ..

"Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see." - Floyd Mayweather

"My Jail Sentence was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk." - Floyd Mayweather

IMO both have lost my respect and ultimately Fight fans are the losers

f**k floyd. Just cuz his punk ass is going to jail he expects Manny to cave in and bow down to his demands? I hope they pin him down and make him the sally behind bars.

lol well one will have to cave in, i dont care which one, and i dont care if hes demanding the fight now because he is going to jail... regaurdless of the reasoning behind both of there p***y excuses, just fight, thats all that matters to me