LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Mayweather vs Cotto and Canelo vs Mosley (May 5th HBO PPV)

Floyd Mayweather entered the ring with 50 Cent, Triple H and Justin Bieber.

Miguel Cotto entered the ring with his son.

Leaving the ring with a victory: Money
cotto tried.. but you ain't winnin' a decision vs. mayweather

winner of the fight???? miss jackson
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
cotto tried.. but you ain't winnin' a decision vs. mayweather

winner of the fight???? miss jackson

Triple win for Floyd. He wins the fight, pockets 40+ million and then gets to go home and titty f**k the s**t out of her. Lucky b*****d.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by Amir:
THIS

just got home. bout to watch the fight so I won't respond till tomorrow.

Mods, we don't go in the UFC thread and start ish, so you guys need to stop the UFC fvg bois from coming into our thread. UFC is gay. I'll take a warning. Don't give a damn.

That's worth a 50% warning per the mod that banned silkyjohnson

WTF silky got banned for that?!

I see comments like that all the time? Weak sauce man.

We need him for the soccer thread lol
Originally posted by NickV:
WTF silky got banned for that?!

I see comments like that all the time? Weak sauce man.

We need him for the soccer thread lol

He should be brought back for the simple fact of dropping the XME forum nugget. That is sick. Dude saved me $55. Also, the UFC fans should not come on these nights and start to hate. There is NOTHING like a big time fight night. Nothing.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
good fights

worth my 3.50

This... good fight. Mayweahter is so damn good and under appreciated because of how he acts. His defense, countering skills and accuracy are second to none.

Also, shout out to Silky for the XME plug. Thanks man.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sacniner:
He should be brought back for the simple fact of dropping the XME forum nugget. That is sick. Dude saved me $55. Also, the UFC fans should not come on these nights and start to hate. There is NOTHING like a big time fight night. Nothing.

but boxing is dying. UFC is taking over. there are no more big names. That's why a big name like Jon Jones just made a whopping 400K for his big fight.
but boxing is dying. UFC is taking over. there are no more big names. That's why a big name like Jon Jones just made a whopping 400K for his big fight.

Ha.... They have been saying "boxing is dead" for like 10 years. There is always a new young talent in every sport, including boxing, who will become the next star. Broner, Canelo, and guys like that will just step to the plate. The amount of money, pay per view, notoriety, and the atmosphere of a big fight are one of a kind. Also, UFC goes through a lot of ups and downs. I think there was an over saturation of it a couple of years ago.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Ha.... They have been saying "boxing is dead" for like 10 years. There is always a new young talent in every sport, including boxing, who will become the next star. Broner, Canelo, and guys like that will just step to the plate. The amount of money, pay per view, notoriety, and the atmosphere of a big fight are one of a kind. Also, UFC goes through a lot of ups and downs. I think there was an over saturation of it a couple of years ago.

agreed. Also, people forget that both Manny and Floyd became huge AFTER they beat DLH. Only people that really knew of Manny before his bout with DLH were true boxing fans and Filipinos. Floyd was a bit more know but thats because his entire family was in boxing and he won an Olympic Gold.
Great group of fights, had PBF winning 116-112, hope the Pacman fight actually happens

Quick question, did anyone else see Gamboa in PBFs entourage? Thought he was an Arum fighter

agreed. Also, people forget that both Manny and Floyd became huge AFTER they beat DLH. Only people that really knew of Manny before his bout with DLH were true boxing fans and Filipinos. Floyd was a bit more know but thats because his entire family was in boxing and he won an Olympic Gold.

I totally disagree, manny became huge when he had multiple wars with Morales and Barrara. well id say boxing is dying a slow death, ufc is consistently more exciting. Every month theres a great ufc fight card. I agree that there is nothing like a big time boxing match, nobody not even ufc can match the excitement/atmosphere but boxing is running out of stars, canelo cant fight himself, and even a true boxing fan like myself is giving up hope for the sport , I only look forward to mayweather and pacquiao fights n once there gone so will i, what boxing needs is canelo to beat mayweather or pacqiuao, take over the thrown, him beating up has beens like mosley doesnt make me want to order a ppv in the future where hes the headliner, honestly I wish we could Have fights like the one tonight every month because it was a awesome and a very entertaining fight but Theres just not enough talented boxers to do it.

I totally disagree, manny became huge when he had multiple wars with Morales and Barrara. well id say boxing is dying a slow death, ufc is consistently more exciting. Every month theres a great ufc fight card. I agree that there is nothing like a big time boxing match, nobody not even ufc can match the excitement/atmosphere but boxing is running out of stars, canelo cant fight himself, and even a true boxing fan like myself is giving up hope for the sport , I only look forward to mayweather and pacquiao fights n once there gone so will i, what boxing needs is canelo to beat mayweather or pacqiuao, take over the thrown, him beating up has beens like mosley doesnt make me want to order a ppv in the future where hes the headliner, honestly I wish we could Have fights like the one tonight every month because it was a awesome and a very entertaining fight but Theres just not enough talented boxers to do it.
Sorry for the dbl post, my phone tripped out
Anyways I was very happy with the fight tonight, props to cotto, dude faught his arse off , caught Floyd with some of the best punches in his career. Floyd was bloody and new he was actually in a fight, and not hitting a glorified punching bag like most his opponents. Awesome night for boxing ... Now please sign the mayweather , pacqiuao fight
dude, no one said floyd isn't to blame. but those that follow it know that he's not the only one responsible for this fight not happening

25% floyd
25% manny
50% arum

I understand you're a pac man fan, as am I, but Arum is a big reason for this fight not happening.

Amir, Floyd's post game interview he blamed Arum just as you said. Said arum is the reason they haven't fought.

Also, good showing for Floyd last night. Cotto brought it to him, bloodied him, and Floyd landed clean crisp punches all night. The Mexican ginger took his ginger anger out on Shane's senior citizen ass. Good night overall.
Share 49ersWebzone