There are 155 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Sure but you said 1 year for 7 or 8 million. That isnt living in reality.

Time will tell.
Originally posted by Garcia:
According to Jon Heyman, CBS Sports... and I have heard this on the radio various times as well...

Giants could be looking to sign Brian McCann.... interesting.

Which could mean we are looking to trade Pablo? McCann behind the plate, move Posey to third, trade Pablo for a LF? Or just put Belt in LF and Posey our full time 1B

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24132338/rangers-red-sox-angels-yanks-could-work-for-mccann-but-sf

Not a chance. Heyman throws a bunch of crap against the wall and hopes something sticks. McCann doesnt fit a need and will cost way too much money.

McCann fits the need of a left handed power bat and it would be a huge plus not having to worry about Posey getting hurt again
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
According to Jon Heyman, CBS Sports... and I have heard this on the radio various times as well...

Which could mean we are looking to trade Pablo? McCann behind the plate, move Posey to third, trade Pablo for a LF? Or just put Belt in LF and Posey our full time 1B

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24132338/rangers-red-sox-angels-yanks-could-work-for-mccann-but-sf

Not a chance. Heyman throws a bunch of crap against the wall and hopes something sticks. McCann doesnt fit a need and will cost way too much money.

McCann fits the need of a left handed power bat and it would be a huge plus not having to worry about Posey getting hurt again

We need a LF and a lot of SP help, not a $100 million catcher who hit .256 last year and will be 30 next year. There's no way this happens.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

We need a LF and a lot of SP help, not a $100 million catcher who hit .256 last year and will be 30 next year. There's no way this happens.

the options we need for the outfield we cant afford, so time to think of something else

the options we need for the outfield we cant afford, so time to think of something else

So you think we can afford McCann? He's going to be as expensive as anyone out there on the market.

So you think we can afford McCann? He's going to be as expensive as anyone out there on the market.

we shall see, but no way he gets more than Ellsbury and Choo
what do you guys think of going after someone like Rajai Davis?

The Giants dont need a LH power bat.... they just need a power bat whether its LH or RH. Buster Posey is still going to catch the vast majority of games and it would be ridiculous to sign Brian McCann to a big deal. He is going to get a big offer to be a catcher.. not a first baseman from the Yankees, the Sox, or the Cubs most likely. That is where he brings the most to the table. McCann would be lucky to hit 18 homers playing half his games at ATT.

Forget about him. The Giants will spend their money on an OF, their bullpen, and a SP.

For what? We have a fast guy in CF. Why would the Giants want a .250 type hitter with no power in LF. Dont we already have that????
The Giants dont need a LH power bat.... they just need a power bat whether its LH or RH. Buster Posey is still going to catch the vast majority of games and it would be ridiculous to sign Brian McCann to a big deal. He is going to get a big offer to be a catcher.. not a first baseman from the Yankees, the Sox, or the Cubs most likely. That is where he brings the most to the table. McCann would be lucky to hit 18 homers playing half his games at ATT.

Forget about him. The Giants will spend their money on an OF, their bullpen, and a SP.

I think that is extremely generous as well.

• Garce
  • Veteran

bargain bin, there are better options, see Morse, Mike.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I've seen McCann hit HRs in our yard to the deepest part where most dudes can't hit him. I don't think his #'s would dip that much.

Regardless, I don't think we sign him.
I've seen McCann hit HRs in our yard to the deepest part where most dudes can't hit him. I don't think his #'s would dip that much.

Regardless, I don't think we sign him.

Quit tainting this thread.

if the money was right, maybe. but i wouldn't lock him up long term or anything.

if you sign him to a long term deal worth a lot, wouldnt you worry about McCann getting hurt lol. Although, we would all worry about any player getting hurt
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Oct 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM ]
We won't sign any big name, especially after the zito debacle. All we will go is for bargains hoping they catch fire since they'll be looking for a big pay day the next year or 2. Or we'll over pay some average joe
Share 49ersWebzone