There are 209 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
Really hope we take a shot at Nelson Cruz. 1 year deal for like 7/8 million... maybe 2. I would risk it for his upside. 30 HR guy RH Bat... sounds like just what we need.

The more times you repeat yourself, the better. Keep up the good work.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

skeetskeet

I really hope Nelson Cruz signs with the Giants. We could really use a RH Power Bat in LF.

skeetskeet.

Nelson Cruz could be a great fit for the Giants in RF, as he is a RH Power Hitter.

skeetskeet.

Cruz Nelson could great fit Giants Powerhitting RF Bat Player

skeetskeet.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Bronson Arroyo could be a target.

for some reason this news depresses me. I'd rather find someone else.

Lol same here

He's a possibility at this point. There is probability that he could be a Giant. He could factor into our plans. This sounds promising. Bronson Arroyo a Giant? Could very well be.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
According to Jon Heyman, CBS Sports... and I have heard this on the radio various times as well...

Giants could be looking to sign Brian McCann.... interesting.

Which could mean we are looking to trade Pablo? McCann behind the plate, move Posey to third, trade Pablo for a LF? Or just put Belt in LF and Posey our full time 1B

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24132338/rangers-red-sox-angels-yanks-could-work-for-mccann-but-sf
[ Edited by Garcia on Oct 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM ]
According to Jon Heyman, CBS Sports... and I have heard this on the radio various times as well...

Which could mean we are looking to trade Pablo? McCann behind the plate, move Posey to third, trade Pablo for a LF? Or just put Belt in LF and Posey our full time 1B

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24132338/rangers-red-sox-angels-yanks-could-work-for-mccann-but-sf

McCann may command a 7yr deal. I'd pass but it would be intriguing. I think if he does sign, he'll move over to 1st, and belt to left. Does McCann even play 3rd?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
McCann may command a 7yr deal. I'd pass but it would be intriguing. I think if he does sign, he'll move over to 1st, and belt to left. Does McCann even play 3rd?

Only other position would be move McCann to 1st... but I don't really like the idea of bringing McCann... dude is slow and it doesnt improve defense and he's not really as good as he once was. But he does hit 20 HRs a year.... I dont know Im not a fan of this.

Not a chance. Heyman throws a bunch of crap against the wall and hopes something sticks. McCann doesnt fit a need and will cost way too much money.

Only other position would be move McCann to 1st... but I don't really like the idea of bringing McCann... dude is slow and it doesnt improve defense and he's not really as good as he once was. But he does hit 20 HRs a year.... I dont know Im not a fan of this.

I would not pull the trigger but at least the team is doing its due diligence. And Im also glad that this team thinks it could afford a big ticket item.
I would seriously trade for a LF rather than moving Belt.
See, I told you the Giants were cheap.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24132534/report-giants-marlins-being-investigated-for-federal-wage-violations

I remember last year at fanfest, there was this lady who was handing out these flyers making this claim. But she was specifically talking about the food workers and janitorial crew.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

skeetskeet

I really hope Nelson Cruz signs with the Giants. We could really use a RH Power Bat in LF.

skeetskeet.

Nelson Cruz could be a great fit for the Giants in RF, as he is a RH Power Hitter.

skeetskeet.

Cruz Nelson could great fit Giants Powerhitting RF Bat Player

skeetskeet.

Rangers are going to offer the qualifying offer for 13.5-14 million for a year. So tell me... why on earth would Cruz sign for the Giants for 7/8 million.

REALITY CHECK FOR GARCIA........

Not going to happen
Not going to happen
Not going to happen

Unless the Giants give a LOT more money

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Rangers are going to offer the qualifying offer for 13.5-14 million for a year. So tell me... why on earth would Cruz sign for the Giants for 7/8 million.

Not going to happen
Not going to happen
Not going to happen

and a draft pick. I heard it's a deep draft. I don't want to lose that pick.

I would not pull the trigger but at least the team is doing its due diligence. And Im also glad that this team thinks it could afford a big ticket item.
I would seriously trade for a LF rather than moving Belt.

McCann is ONLY worth a large paycheck if he catches almost every day. At first he is way below average. He hit .256 with 20 homers and you can count on about 12-15 homers if he played half his games in our park. The Yankees are desperate for catching and they will pay the money.

Not a chance. Heyman throws a bunch of crap against the wall and hopes something sticks. McCann doesnt fit a need and will cost way too much money.

A whole bunch of this.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Not going to happen
Not going to happen
Not going to happen

Im saying thats what I would like to happen... thats all not predicting anything. Giants will have a shot at him.

Not going to happen
Not going to happen
Not going to happen

Im saying thats what I would like to happen... thats all not predicting anything. Giants will have a shot at him.

Sure but you said 1 year for 7 or 8 million. That isnt living in reality.
Share 49ersWebzone