2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Very expensive thankyou's
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
damn 18 mill a year is a lot

This.

Overpaid by about 5-6 mil/yr.

i think the overpay on Pence was worse myself. I guess hometown discounts are a thing of the past.

Agreed however 35 mil for a guy with the least amount of wins over the last 2 years than any other pitcher in baseball. In a list that includes Barry Zito that's pretty f**king bad.

I'm not mad or anything but it's pretty typical for this FO.

This.

i think the overpay on Pence was worse myself. I guess hometown discounts are a thing of the past.

Agreed however 35 mil for a guy with the least amount of wins over the last 2 years than any other pitcher in baseball. In a list that includes Barry Zito that's pretty f**king bad.

I dont disagree. Its going to be interesting to see what guys like Arroyo, Jiminez, Garza, and Santana get on the open market because they really all had better years than Timmy.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Well I'm glad he's back. That still seems pretty high though.

Yes, Tim can still get pretty high in SF.
Compared to what the Dodgers are about to overpay for Kershaw? This is chump change.

Plus -- it's only two years. If Timmay flames out -- at least he won't be hanging around for seven years like Zito.

I'd say this was a rather brilliant move. It keeps the pressure on Tim to produce. He can't get all fat n' happy with a long-term deal.

What are you guys complaining about?

This.

I dont disagree. Its going to be interesting to see what guys like Arroyo, Jiminez, Garza, and Santana get on the open market because they really all had better years than Timmy.

What about Gaudin? By Lincecum standards we should give him 30 mil/year.
relax.. it's a 2 year deal which is the most important thing.. i like it
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Compared to what the Dodgers are about to overpay for Kershaw? This is chump change.

Plus -- it's only two years. If Timmay flames out -- at least he won't be hanging around for seven years like Zito.

I'd say this was a rather brilliant move. It keeps the pressure on Tim to produce. He can't get all fat n' happy with a long-term deal.

Well... Kershaw is the best SP in the majors and is in the very beginning of his prime, and Lincecum has left his prime and has had an ERA well over 4 for the past two seasons. Bad comparison.
So now the only question is who do we sign to fill out the rotation and what do we do in LF?
I'm glad he's back, but Jesus Christ at the price.

I'm okay with the contract since it's temporary but that's a load of mula.

Glad to have Timmy back
Originally posted by boast:
don't curr about the details, not my money!

This is honestly how I feel about baseball contracts
Don't know if I'd rather have him than any of the below guys (depending on price of course):

Johnson
Garza
Burnett
Colon
Carpenter
Halladay
Harden
Haren
Kuroda
Lester
Nolasco
Rodriguez
Santana
Santana
I really really want the giants to throw a one year deal at Josh Johnson
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Well... Kershaw is the best SP in the majors and is in the very beginning of his prime, and Lincecum has left his prime and has had an ERA well over 4 for the past two seasons. Bad comparison.

Not really. To say that Lincecum has left his prime is a reach. Kid isn't even 30 yet. He's had two sub-par seasons. He hasn't been Timmy like.

Kershaw is two to three years behind Timmy. Who is to say he isn't going to fall off the milk truck as well? You can't predict health. Who is to say he doesn't have the same problems as Timmy is having two years down the road?

Thing is -- the Dodgers are going to throw a boatload of money at Kershaw. I mean a BOATLOAD. It will make the Timmy deal look like peanuts.

I think it's a pretty fair comparison. You are summarily dismissed.
Share 49ersWebzone