There are 236 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Hopper:
I never wanted to see Belt move to LF anyway. Hopefully we look for a LF upgrade instead now.

Who is available other than Soo Choo and Ellsbury?

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/league-info/potential-free-agents-for-2014/

My Dude Choo
THE GIANTS OFF-SEASON OUTLOOK

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/10/offseason-outlook-san-francisco-giants.html
@JesseSanchezMLB: Sources: Cuban slugger Abreu down to #Astros, #RedSox, #WhiteSox. Could sign in next two weeks atmlb.com/1bZTDFD
Wow seriously we're gonna let Abreu slip through like that? I hope we go after Guerrero at least
The giants were just doing their due diligence scouting Abreu. I didn't expect us to land him.
Originally posted by SFrush:
The giants were just doing their due diligence scouting Abreu. I didn't expect us to land him.

Of course not. Sabean doesnt believe in making high risk/reward signings. He likes to overpay for average regulars.

He will say "The price on Abreu just got a little rich for our taste", and then sign Mike Morse to play LF for 60 mil. Classic Sabean.

I remember back when Vlad Guerrero was a f/a (in his prime), and we were desperate for a bat to protect Bonds, Sabean said it wasnt in our price range to sign him, and then he gets a VERY fair 5/70 deal from the Angels.
I think most of those dollars will go to starting pitching. We have absolutely nothing behind Cain/Madbum right now.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Of course not. Sabean doesnt believe in making high risk/reward signings. He likes to overpay for average regulars.

He will say "The price on Abreu just got a little rich for our taste", and then sign Mike Morse to play LF for 60 mil. Classic Sabean.

I remember back when Vlad Guerrero was a f/a (in his prime), and we were desperate for a bat to protect Bonds, Sabean said it wasnt in our price range to sign him, and then he gets a VERY fair 5/70 deal from the Angels.

Although, Im not opposed to signing him, but I think he wont be that expensive.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Wow seriously we're gonna let Abreu slip through like that? I hope we go after Guerrero at least

where would he even play? Isn't he an infielder?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

He would be the eventual replacement for Scutaro but with the money he will command I seriously doubt that would happen. Not going to pay huge money for a guy to not be an everyday player. Now, if they could trade Scutaro then maybe.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

He would be the eventual replacement for Scutaro but with the money he will command I seriously doubt that would happen. Not going to pay huge money for a guy to not be an everyday player. Now, if they could trade Scutaro then maybe.

That's kinda what I figured. I don't really see us making a run at him. My guess is we look for someone in LF and try to get some pitching.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
@JesseSanchezMLB: Sources: Cuban slugger Abreu down to #Astros, #RedSox, #WhiteSox. Could sign in next two weeks atmlb.com/1bZTDFD

Astros lol

All about the money I guess, not winning
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Astros lol

All about the money I guess, not winning

White Sox said to be the team.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM ]
Better get Tanaka
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Better get Tanaka

Not a chance of that happening.
Share 49ersWebzone