There are 222 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
we can't do trades as great anymore because teams figure that the Giants know what their doing. It would have to be reverse psychiatry or some type of smokescreen strategy nowadays;

Pre championship Giants ask for C,D,E player for cheap and give the opposing team a supposed B player. OK'D

Post championship Giants ask to trade Giants Supposed B pitcher for a number of C players, WHY MY C PLAYERS BRIAN? LEMME THINK ABOUT IT . NO THNX. I'LL KEEP EM.

Say what? What a nonsense post.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
we can't do trades as great anymore because teams figure that the Giants know what their doing. It would have to be reverse psychiatry or some type of smokescreen strategy nowadays;

Pre championship Giants ask for C,D,E player for cheap and give the opposing team a supposed B player. OK'D

Post championship Giants ask to trade Giants Supposed B pitcher for a number of C players, WHY MY C PLAYERS BRIAN? LEMME THINK ABOUT IT . NO THNX. I'LL KEEP EM.

DA FUQ? I hated algebra.

All I know is they better not trade Crick. Everyone else is up for grabs IMO.

lol..."Reverse psychiatry"?
Originally posted by Niners99:

lol..."Reverse psychiatry"?

Simple really. Instead if trying to cure one if mental illness, they goal is to make them insane.
What are we even talking about right now
Is there anyway we can get a tv contract like the dodgers?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

no

no

Is there any way the Giants can get a tv deal that pays more than what they're getting right now?

no

Is there any way the Giants can get a tv deal that pays more than what they're getting right now?

"Many fans have asked me when the Giants' TV deal expires, figuring they'll be able to score a big deal like these other teams. The answer is 2032.

The Giants signed a 25-year deal with Comcast Sports Net before the 2008 season. It's actually a partnership agreement. Rather than accept a set payment for broadcast rights every year, the Giants actually get a big chunk of the total revenue each year. I've heard that figure at 30 percent and 33 percent.

The first thing I can tell you is, there is no way that Comcast Sports Net Bay Area can collect the same revenue as the Dodgers will for their TV deal for the simple fact that Los Angeles is the No. 2 television market in the country and the San Francisco Bay Area is No. 5. Revenue in these deals is based on how many eyeballs are glued to TV sets. Los Angeles has a lot more eyeballs, millions more.

I asked Giants president Larry Baer yesterday if, even with the ability to boost TV revenues by charging more for the product over time, the 25-year deal will be an albatross that makes the Giants fall behind as other teams sign more lucrative, traditional contracts for broadcast rights.

"No," he said, "we feel we can keep up."

You can decide for yourself whether to believe him or not. But two reminders: 1, Baer cut his teeth working at CBS, so he knows television. 2, the Giants are pretty good at figuring out how to maximize revenues."
if the a's somehow move out of the bay, could that affect the giants revenue and increase in payroll.

I want BOTH the raiders and A's stay in oakland but I wanted to know the ramifications for the giants if there's only one baseball team in town...

if the a's somehow move out of the bay, could that affect the giants revenue and increase in payroll.

I want BOTH the raiders and A's stay in oakland but I wanted to know the ramifications for the giants if there's only one baseball team in town...

I dont think itd change much. Over time the fanbase would grow, but everyone thats currently an A's fan wouldnt change alliances.

I highly doubt the A's leave northern CA. Theyll probably end up finding an investor group to build a new stadium in the east bay somewhere.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
how is Abreu's defense?
Originally posted by boast:
how is Abreu's defense?

Skeptical
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
how is Abreu's defense?

Skeptical

Giants defense would definitley take a hit but it would be worth it to get a big right handed bat in the lineup.
how is Abreu's defense?

Bobby Evans said that it was decent, although, it could use refining.
Share 49ersWebzone