LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by YungBird:
I would rather see the Dodgers win the WS than see the Seacocks win the SB or the Lakers win another NBA title. But, they would be the one team in this group that I would prefer not win the title. I dont want to see that idiot Brian Wilson get another ring.

What the...prefer Dodgers win a WS over Seahawks?!

Gross

Yep. Hard to imagine me saying that but I cannot stand Pete Carroll and hate everything about the Seahawks. Id root for Dallas over them.

man, If I sawr the A's/Dodgers and the Seahawks with championships in one year.... Sherman talking smack with the Lombardi and Carrolls' gum chewing Ellen Degeneres ass in Feb....I just might break my flatscreen.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
If its Oakland vs LA do you root for the A's doe?

Fcking nightmare

Yes. I would root for the A's over the Dodgers for sure. Funny though. In 1988 I rooted for the Dodgers because I HATED everything about the A's at that time. Bash Brother cheating b*****ds. Now, really nothing to hate about the A's
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 7, 2013 at 9:13 PM ]

Yes. I would root for the A's over the Dodgers for sure. Funny though. In 1988 I rooted for the Dodgers because I HATED everything about the A's at that time. Bash Brother cheating b*****ds. Now, really nothing to hate about the A's

Same
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Same

just say it, they remind you of the giants 2012 team
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm not rooting for the A's unless they play the bums in the WS.
With that rumor that the Giants might be a suitor for David Price, what about a deal based around Brandon Belt and Kyle Crick? If the Giants do sign Abreu, I'd rather not try to play Belt in LF... that worries me a little bit.

But would the Giants/Rays do that deal?
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
With that rumor that the Giants might be a suitor for David Price, what about a deal based around Brandon Belt and Kyle Crick? If the Giants do sign Abreu, I'd rather not try to play Belt in LF... that worries me a little bit.

I would not trade Belt and Crick for David Price. Why trade hitting when its a huge need? Also, why trade guys that you will control for years? Price is very good but he is not Clayton Kershaw.

I would not trade Belt and Crick for David Price. Why trade hitting when its a huge need? Also, why trade guys that you will control for years? Price is very good but he is not Clayton Kershaw.

I honestly think our biggest need is SP, especially with the 3-4-5 spots being huge question marks. This team needs to have a premier pitching staff in order to succeed, and look at what happened last year when Cain/Lincecum/Vogey all had off years.

Yes, Belt had a promising year last year, but this is the highest his trade value has been since he came up to the major leagues. And, like I said in the last post, I'd be more open to this if we do end up signing Abreu so we can stick him at 1st.

Price is a top-10 pitcher in baseball and is still in his prime. If we had a 1-2-3 of Price-Cain-Bum, I'd say we could definitely compete with anyone in the NL, regardless of what the Dodgers do.

I'd give it about a 1% chance of happening, but Price is too good of a pitcher to pass up.

I honestly think our biggest need is SP, especially with the 3-4-5 spots being huge question marks. This team needs to have a premier pitching staff in order to succeed, and look at what happened last year when Cain/Lincecum/Vogey all had off years.

Yes, Belt had a promising year last year, but this is the highest his trade value has been since he came up to the major leagues. And, like I said in the last post, I'd be more open to this if we do end up signing Abreu so we can stick him at 1st.

Price is a top-10 pitcher in baseball and is still in his prime. If we had a 1-2-3 of Price-Cain-Bum, I'd say we could definitely compete with anyone in the NL, regardless of what the Dodgers do.

I'd give it about a 1% chance of happening, but Price is too good of a pitcher to pass up.

i think that is just too much to give up for Price. He will make about 15 Million next year and the Giants would only control him for 2 years before he hits Free Agency. I dont know how the Giants would sign Abreu and pay huge money to Price after the extensions given to Cain, Pence and Posey. I would rather see if Belt is the hitter he was in the 2nd half when he was one of the best hitters in the NL and see if Crick becomes a potential #1 or #2 in the majors.

While I dont think the Giants would or should do the deal, I also doubt that the Rays would. I'm sure they would want more for David Price and the Giants would have to kick in someone like Embree. This really seems like a deal that wouldnt go for either side.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 8, 2013 at 1:52 PM ]

yikes. i wouldn't do it. Price is expensive and he'd be a free agent after a couple years. Belt is finally in a groove and a top notch defender. He's also very athletic and could be a pretty decent left fielder.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

yikes. i wouldn't do it. Price is expensive and he'd be a free agent after a couple years. Belt is finally in a groove and a top notch defender. He's also very athletic and could be a pretty decent left fielder.

Love David Price, but there's no way I give up Belt AND Crick for him for all the reasons John has articulated. .
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Love David Price, but there's no way I give up Belt AND Crick for him for all the reasons John has articulated. .

We dont need David Price. Crick could be Price in 2-3 years. No chance I would deal Belt or Crick right now, let alone both.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

We dont need David Price. Crick could be Price in 2-3 years. No chance I would deal Belt or Crick right now, let alone both.

A pitcher in Single-A is no guarantee... I'd agree with not wanting to trade both, but I don't know how you don't pull the trigger on Crick for Price. He's got 2 more years of arbitration eligibility and is in the middle of his prime. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think it would be foolish not to take that trade.

And why do you say we don't need David Price? This team was built around having three aces in the rotation, and now that The Freak version of Lincecum isn't coming back, we're down to two. The rotation is full of question marks right now... it went from being a top-5 group in baseball to the 7th-worst last year. I know Cain had an off year, but even with a strong Cain, it would've still been in the bottom 15-20 in baseball.

And without trades, this rotation will suck next year too cause there aren't too many good free agents out there that would drastically improve our situation. Garza and Tanaka come to mind, but both will be extremely expensive and get overpaid. Sabean is gonna have to get creative this offseason in order to fix the rotation.
Share 49ersWebzone