There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

watch this team picks up his option, lmao!!!!
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
It is kinda sad to see him go though... More downs than ups, but he did ball out during the playoffs last year. Not saying he earned the contract last year, but it's sad to see any player go after six years with the team.

This was his 7th year.

Outside 2012 it was a miserable 7 years of being held hostage by that contract. Its time to part ways.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
It is kinda sad to see him go though... More downs than ups, but he did ball out during the playoffs last year. Not saying he earned the contract last year, but it's sad to see any player go after six years with the team.

This was his 7th year.

Outside 2012 it was a miserable 7 years of being held hostage by that contract. Its time to part ways.

Yeah I don't know what I'm saying. Just weird to see an end of an era, I guess. Good or bad, it's still a weird feeling, especially since he's one of the longest-tenured players on the team.
i think he's the second longest-tenured player on the team....
Kind of fitting Zito beats the dodgers on his last start as a G. Lol
Thanks for the 2012 season Zito.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Yea right that ain't gonna happen.

They'll probably see about creating a BS position for him within the organization or make him some kind of scout. I'd be perfectly fine with that. You can fault Zito for not playing up to his huge contract, but you can't fault him for being a class act throughout.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

They'll probably see about creating a BS position for him within the organization or make him some kind of scout. I'd be perfectly fine with that. You can fault Zito for not playing up to his huge contract, but you can't fault him for being a class act throughout.

Agreed, especially like his work with military/veterans. I took one of my boys to the game last night, we were disappointed that with Giants up 5-2 Bochy sent some scrub .200 hitter up to pinch-hit in the 5th, who promptly K'd, and at least didn't let Zito pitch to one batter in the 6th and let the fans give him a hand. No, not owed to Zito, just something I think he earned.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Agreed, especially like his work with military/veterans. I took one of my boys to the game last night, we were disappointed that with Giants up 5-2 Bochy sent some scrub .200 hitter up to pinch-hit in the 5th, who promptly K'd, and at least didn't let Zito pitch to one batter in the 6th and let the fans give him a hand. No, not owed to Zito, just something I think he earned.

speaking of last night's game, did you hear about the stabbing that occurred after the game right outside the stadium?

speaking of last night's game, did you hear about the stabbing that occurred after the game right outside the stadium?

It happened four blocks away from the stadium. Victim was with his father and brother, who are Dodgers fans. Three people detained thus far.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1788225-man-stabbed-to-death-outside-att-park-following-giants-dodgers-game

Yes, heard this morning that it happened at 11:40pm at 3rd/Harrison, was a group of Dodger fans and another of Giant fans...argument, fight, Dodger fan stabbed/killed. It doesn't get more stupid than that, actually fighting with someone because of the team they like. I'm not surprised something like this happened, though...we were sitting on 1B line so direct across were the LF bleachers, and from about 7th inning on there were constant fights, security made multiple trips to kick people out.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
It happened four blocks away from the stadium. Victim was with his father and brother, who are Dodgers fans. Three people detained thus far.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1788225-man-stabbed-to-death-outside-att-park-following-giants-dodgers-game

Damn....
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Zito's last start in a Giants uni

Can't imagine Timmy in any other uni. Gawd I hope he re-signs.

Yes, heard this morning that it happened at 11:40pm at 3rd/Harrison, was a group of Dodger fans and another of Giant fans...argument, fight, Dodger fan stabbed/killed. It doesn't get more stupid than that, actually fighting with someone because of the team they like. I'm not surprised something like this happened, though...we were sitting on 1B line so direct across were the LF bleachers, and from about 7th inning on there were constant fights, security made multiple trips to kick people out.

The Dodger fan was randomly named John Denver...
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com