There are 337 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Ya very cool. He got hot at the end, if we had been in the playoff race it would have been great. 26 HRs. Resign him!

+1
Sounds like Pence could take the Jered Weaver approach and sign very soon.

Henry Schulman ‏@hankschulman32
Late last night, Pence talks with #sfgiants accelerated before our eyes: http://blog.sfgate.com/giants/2013/09/27/vogelsong-wins-with-sf-giants-future-in-doubt-pence-homers-after-winning-willie-mac-award/

Ray Ratto ‏@RattoCSN44m
If Pence signs now, I will be surprised. His agency will be mortified, but every once in a rare while, someone decides to be Jered Weaver

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami44m
Thought it was interesting Sabean on KNBR yesterday casually suggested that Pence was essentially already part of next season's roster.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
We absolutely need Pence.

With our lack of depth of OF prospects.... he needs to be a Giant and deserves to get paid. It will be a great investment, unlike BJ Upton.

Also, I am very concerned Lincecum is gone.

Whats our Rotation looking like?

Bum
Cain
Vogey
Gaudin
Petit

we need Timmy
Originally posted by Garcia:
We absolutely need Pence.

With our lack of depth of OF prospects.... he needs to be a Giant and deserves to get paid. It will be a great investment, unlike BJ Upton.

Also, I am very concerned Lincecum is gone.

Whats our Rotation looking like?

Bum
Cain
Vogey
Gaudin
Petit

we need Timmy

I seriously doubt that the Giants go into the season with that rotation. Sabean will sign someone whether its TImmy, Arroyo, or another guy who will get paid too much. As far as Pence being a "great investment", well it depends on how long and how much the contract is for. If it is 85-90 million for 5 years then I would say it isnt
5 years 90 mill for pence

"@CSNBaggs: We got action. RT @JonHeymanCBS: Hunter Pence is closing in on a $90M deal with the #SFGiants"

"@sfgiantsbeat: GIANTS agree to 5-year deal with Hunter Pence pending physical. Official announcement expected Sunday"
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Sep 28, 2013 at 10:36 AM ]
John, what the hell?!

And you thought 5/75 was too much for Shin Soo Choo! Boras said he's aiming for 100M for Choo, and thats just him high-balling.

Jesus Christ I can't believe were going to pay Hunter Pence $18M a year!
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
John, what the hell?!

And you thought 5/75 was too much for Shin Soo Choo! Boras said he's aiming for 100M for Choo, and thats just him high-balling.

I'm actually not surprised at all. Sabean's track record when it comes to free agency is a joke and there was no doubt he was going to overpay for Pence. 90 million. Unreal.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
John, what the hell?!

I'm actually not surprised at all. Sabean's track record when it comes to free agency is a joke and there was no doubt he was going to overpay for Pence. 90 million. Unreal.

Well... there goes any chance of having an interesting offseason.

We have close to 60 mil coming off the books, but now we're going to be stuck with the same exact roster, while at the same time overpaying for all of our own players. Such f**king b******t.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Sep 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM ]
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
John, what the hell?!

We have close to 60 mil coming off the books, but now we're going to be stuck with the same exact roster, while at the same time overpaying for all of our own players. Such f**king b******t.

The Giants better hope that Pence doesnt become Aaron Rowand or repeat his performance of last year. I just dont understand the urgency to get this done right now. Did they actually think another team would offer him 100 million? If there was urgency it would have been at a 4/60 deal - not this.
John, what the hell?!

The Giants better hope that Pence doesnt become Aaron Rowand or repeat his performance of last year. I just dont understand the urgency to get this done right now. Did they actually think another team would offer him 100 million? If there was urgency it would have been at a 4/60 deal - not this.

Yeah that's a good point. I don't think any team would've given him more than this. I'm all for bringing him back and I don't like the Rowand comparison... He put up good numbers in hitter-friendly parks, while Pence has proven that he can hit at AT&T. Let's just hope that he continues to play like he did in 2013 and that we have enough money left over to solidify the rotation. I'm going to be pissed if we head into 2014 with a rotation consisting of Timmy, Petit and Vogey/Aroyo. That team will not compete with the Dodgers. This is why I wanted Bud Norris so badly... there's no one really out there now.

John, what the hell?!

Yeah that's a good point. I don't think any team would've given him more than this. I'm all for bringing him back and I don't like the Rowand comparison... He put up good numbers in hitter-friendly parks, while Pence has proven that he can hit at AT&T. Let's just hope that he continues to play like he did in 2013 and that we have enough money left over to solidify the rotation. I'm going to be pissed if we head into 2014 with a rotation consisting of Timmy, Petit and Vogey/Aroyo. That team will not compete with the Dodgers. This is why I wanted Bud Norris so badly... there's no one really out there now.

Giants cant compete with LA in my opinion. The Dodgers have a great mix of top talent and complimetary players and they will spend what they need to. I was thinking about this earlier...between the Niners, Warriors, and Giants, the Giants have the least promise for the future.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
f**k yeah HP!

not my money.
Originally posted by boast:
f**k yeah HP!

not my money.

No it isnt. But you do realize that this team sticks to its budget and giving him 90 million limits what they will do. The extra 30 million or so would have been huge in getting another bat for LF and another SP
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Pence would hit 35-40 Bombs in yankee stadium
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by boast:
f**k yeah HP!

not my money.

No it isnt. But you do realize that this team sticks to its budget and giving him 90 million limits what they will do. The extra 30 million or so would have been huge in getting another bat for LF and another SP

we'll be fine.
Share 49ersWebzone